OBX

Another great day spent on the 4x4 beach. Heading south in the morning to Hatteras and then Ocracoke tomorrow night to stay at Blackbeard'a Lodge.
IMG_6647.JPG
IMG_6635.JPG

we go up 3 or 4 times a year, going to retire there soon . only place to go is obx

The wife and I have said for years that our retirement plan is to buy a camper/rv and sell everything else...and be one of those camp greeters. Most of the rangers I've talked to say those people get a free spot, free hook ups and a $300/mo stipened. And who actually ever goes over and talks to them. Pretty sure most are capped at a 3 month stay, but just rotate campgrounds up and down the OBX all year.

Is this reachable without major effort in a stock WK2 Grand Cherokee (5.7 w/ 10.8" clearance)?

I towed a 4x8 enclosed trailer hauling myself, my wife and 4 teenagers with a 2004 explorer over the dune with no issues

Is this reachable without major effort in a stock WK2 Grand Cherokee (5.7 w/ 10.8" clearance)?
Very doable. Just use common sense and try not to stop in the loose stuff or going up the dunes. Well worth the trip IMO. We are going back this year the week after Labor Day with some of the family.

Back