Project dirt dobber

image.jpg
Got some toyo stickies from taco747, and beadlocks from bnboffroad, now more work but I hope the toyo stickies make a difference!

Working on the buggy, knocking out things in the list!!!! Only 500 more to go

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 420
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 419
Was able to get a used radiator from a pick and pull by the house and found this one that looked relatively new, so I grabbed it and used stock isolation mounts on my buggy, seems like its going to work well, grabbed some marine exhaust tube for the lines to mount from engine to radiator, it's coming along

image.jpg
image.jpg

Was able to knock out some pedal issues, factory pedals pushed way outside of the fender area and into the tire, brake was too far over and I had no room for the gas pedal, so I made a clutch pedal with a throw of 3" instead of 8" factory throw, I'm hoping I can still feather the clutch and it not be too jumpy, but we will see and I'll fix it if need be, refabbed brake pedal over 5" and this givese a lot of room for gas pedal, exhaust was rerouted straight down instead out of the fender area, so it should keep my feet cooler,

After pedals were fixed I moved onto cardboard interior

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 357
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 346
I don't get to spend many hours at one time most of the time, today I was able to knock a lot of things out and prep for the next time, order different components and stuff that I'm needing to finish, but was able to mount most of the electrical components, get started on a schematic for harness and play around with the bead roller, this is the first piece other than a test piece to see what the types of rollers I had, so I did some things wrong but will learn from the mistakes, turned out nice for the first time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 346
Was able to get a lot done on the buggy this weekend, mounted most of my electrical components, make schematic for wiring harness, bead roll and paint dash and tunnel, remount switches, gauges, wire up all lights for gauges and switches, and get an idea of where harness will run, still a lot to do but I'm getting excited to crank it up, it's been a year and half since the last time I fired this beaut.
image.jpg
image.jpg

sounds good man. did you change the camshaft cause it sounds like it's hittin
a mean lick. could it be a little rich? good to hear the ol mill run again.

sounds good man. did you change the camshaft cause it sounds like it's hittin
a mean lick. could it be a little rich? good to hear the ol mill run again.
That's his custom race pipe your hearing

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was thinking of going with a TK1 racing off-road sway bar, But I had really good results with the one I built out of the amigo torsion bar. The mounting of my old sway bar was sketchy and allowed the bar to deflect while twisting. I had it mounted on the axle for reasons, but removing the exhaust allowed me to remount the bar and use tubing and bushing for leaf springs inside to rigidly mount the bar, it turned out nice and should not have any other issues with it... We will see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 352
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 339
Finished up sway bar, mounted another new steering reservoir after the last new one was too small and charged my front shocks and got it on its own weight for the first time in a October of 2015! Feels good to crank it up and have it on the tires. Checked some stats at ride height. Wheel base is 114". Belly at 20.5" , 5" shaft showing in the front and 6" on rear. Top of mid roof is 69" tall and outside tire to tire width is 74". Higher than I wanted but it should do good! We shall see

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg