Project Steampunk

Saw this, thought you'd like.. Check out on You tube: A Steampunk Hot Rod That...Turns ? / Big Muscle

Last edited:
That's ashamed, apparently done before trouble, looks like he does great fab, just can't manage business.

Your YJ coming along great, going to roll soon !
Your ex TJ in the "hospital" right now getting a little "surgery".

This one is pretty cool....
9f4c45b3c733f1f7c0d07e11f29a24c2--hotrods-rat-rod.jpg

Now onto something more ineresting....
I can't let the lack of wheel centers hinder my progress. I've been holding off on any final fender trimming and modification until I can get a tire set where it needs to, which will dictate how much (or little) I cut. My wild estimation was correct.....somebody hand me the plasma.
There's also the old fuel filler cutout that needs blocked off and blended. The texture on these fenders is kind of nice, so I'll try to paint match the powdercoat as closely as I can. The front is all tube, leaf springs, and all that wonderful stuff, so it'll just have to be what it is. I do still have some 1.75 Dom left, worse come to worse.
View attachment 257051
View attachment 257052

you still have the stock centers in your wheels? Redrill the factory center to 8x170 and slide those rascals on there. that way you can take it to full bump, etc.

Sounds like a new chapter in life. I take you will be doing a nice amount of welding. What type?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good progress, but I'm calling you out for wearing gloves and running a lathe, no safety glasses, and the chuck guard being up :flipoff2:

At least his hair is tucked up under the hat!

You lost me with the Pirate comment. I know they're merciless over there...is it worse when they call out stuff like that?

Oh, my bad! I was just screwing with you! That's the stuff most people wouldn't have noticed anyway.

Go sign up. :lol: That place can go to hell.
I'm not trying to get the osha fingers pointed at anyone. I was only trying to show more of the process of how the links are made that most would never see. Of couse, some guy in a picture not dressed like the osha cowboy can give a bad rep to a company. So, thanks for the heads up. They're permanently deleted.
Cannot like that first statement enough. Good move on the pics. I completely understand that point of view. We continually warned the resident promoting artist...ie daughter of a previous employer. She would come around picture plastering the intro net...........hmmm osha inspections for three years straight.......hmmmm.

At anytime if you have the 35s on do you mind measuring what the front and rear diff clearance is?

Not sure if I want to plan on looking for a sterling rear axle or not for when it is time to step up to tons :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Military grade just means the supplier got the contract because they were the fastest and/or cheapest :D Although, in years past, things were built tougher.

You can always get another set and bolt two back halves together and have some wide ass double beadlocks.

watching

when you can afford, put some rim stiffeners on the inside and out of those wheels. You would bend the lips in the rocks, guaranteed.
Good call. I forgot about that. I have seen people use rebar but I bought a stick of round and did mine. I think it was 3/8th.

RBD rig #4 is getting prepped. Jason Chancey would like to play.
View attachment 257912

I've decided to put a bookmark in Steampunk atleast until early December to focus on getting the village rigs up and going.

2018 is going to be a rowdy year.
I'll be looking for you guys next week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back