Project Steampunk

Maybe if this were in general chit chat then who cares. If someone wants to keep their own build thread all tech and info then that’s their call.

Why dig up a post from a while ago just to ask about master card in search of likes? This might be one of the better/detailed tech threads minus CutlerFab and a few others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see now what had happened. I read the whole thread. It had recently been commented on so i didnt go back and bump an old thread or anything. I didnt know op wanted to keep the thread so tech oriented with all the wizard faggitry early on so my bad. Ill delete my master card post i just didnt know we had hildawg voters on this board.

I see now what had happened. I read the whole thread. It had recently been commented on so i didnt go back and bump an old thread or anything. I didnt know op wanted to keep the thread so tech oriented with all the wizard faggitry early on so my bad. Ill delete my master card post i just didnt know we had hildawg voters on this board.
Sorry @XJsavage dont mean to speak for you but just maybe coming from another board member it will sink in.......

@palmetto zuk , no offense and I only know about you from your keyboard persona. It isn't personal, but it is....it is personality. His personality. So accuse all you want about the "other" content. Its his dialogue and his interpretation of a build and lifestyle pursuit. So ruck up if he objects to your keyboard oh "faggitry" as you put it.

I'll happily delete or do whats needed to clean up the clutter......apologize if it fuels the ridiculous.

Any updates lately? I've been lurking and reading this thread page by page for a while now, but have obviously had nothing to add...well, except for the "awesome work, sweet build, those Steampunk girls are hawt, I dig your style," etc. etc. that everyone else has already added. Post up some work already! :D

Yea....I wanna Seee it.

Glad to see you back at it. Pretty mean stance with those cut boggers.

View attachment 264900
Fire it up, and let's get down...

6 gallons of fresh gas in the fuel cell and jumping 12 volts from one engine bay to another. So far so good. The mystery 5.3 has great compression and turns over freely. I'll be messing around with it throughout the weekend scheduling it around a camping trip with the boat. The boggers are getting swapped out for the 35" KM2s for any road testing. Need a trip to the DMV and a phonecall down to my insurance company to add it . None the less, I'll be driving it to work THIS WEEK.

Stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations!! Not sure if it’s the right sentiment but I’ll use it just the same. I have watched from the wings and held my breath in anticipation to see where this build would go. Now I’m excited to see it go down the road and more importantly I’m excited to see it romp on some trails!!

Incredible. Very happy here living vicariously through your thread, from the outdoors life to the proverbial open roads (and trails) ahead. It's been an adventure just watching this creation be brought to life.

Incredible. Very happy here living vicariously through your thread

He makes it very easy to rub one out.....from the steampunk eye candy, to the photography, to welds and machinery.....I always have the most confused boner after a visit to this thread

He makes it very easy to rub one out.....from the steampunk eye candy, to the photography, to welds and machinery.....I always have the most confused boner after a visit to this thread
:lol: :beer:

eww.jpg

h8mud trail.jpg

There is an open ride at the shop April 13th I'm shooting for..... care to join me?

Dang, I should try and go to that...that's my birth anniversary!

Perfect timing, I suppose. The 230k mile 4l60e in my daily driver Yukon XL is very close to completely kicking the bucket. I'll enjoy melting this one into the ground and throwing in a fresh one. Third gear is stupid anyhow.
After a good Craigslist transaction recently, I scored the ideal street tires I've been looking for for a while, and finally a use for these aluminum wheels I've had stashed for a few years. This setup with a few solid weeks of daily driving while the Yukon is in the ER will give me a great idea of needed axle gearing upgrades. I hate guessing.
View attachment 265709
View attachment 265710
This was one of those cheap buys that will make a driving experience much more enjoyable. The km2 rollers are awful and get stuck in grass. Ain't nobody got time for that. With only $250 invested in a set of 37" radial street tires and aluminum hub centric Superduty wheels, it will put an end to the sleepless nights of misery dreading how terrible the cut boggers will be for highway driving. I'll just save those for trailered-to trips abroad.
I've never really cared one way or the other about those wheels on a Superduty, but they look excellent on the Jeep!

...and a bottle of dawn.
Wow, I'd hate to hear what she did to end up in a bottle... :eek:

If I haven't said it before, I'll say it (again) - this is an awesome looking rig. Mucho motivation to get mine breathing fire once again!

I'm hitting the rewind button here a little bit...Somehow I only now noticed that you had sliders on your front springs. I must have been distracted by some other attractive things throughout this thread. :D How do you like those? I've heard many people say they love them...some say they weren't crazy about them. I've read pros/cons about using them in both front and rear configurations. I've been considering using some for quite some time, but never pulled the trigger on buying/making any, partly due to funding, otherwise due to lack of time and putting priorities elsewhere than having a well-functioning suspension.

I also went back to find that you're using 52" Dodge springs on the front. How do those ride/flex for you? What rear springs are you using? At the great risk of being called a copycat, I'm taking notes here for my own future reference.

Carry on... :popcorn:

View attachment 266879
There really hasn't been much progress on the Jeep lately.

Hold on, let me check...

*Looks outside, rain drops landing straight on my face*

Nope. None.

In the last few weeks of junkyard adventures, I did stumble upon a spark plug wire style that ended up being perfect for my tight quarters in between header tubes. These are vehicle specific to 2004 Chevy Express vans with 4.8s and I'm assuming 6.0s. They're super slim profile 7mm wires with a 90 degree boot. I grabbed a few from the junkyard to check to see if they would work. They did, so I bought a brand new set of Delphi to go with the new plugs I also bought. I just wanted to make sure the firepower is on optimal.
View attachment 266880

Upcoming upgrades to the Jeep overall will include a set of 39" BFG Red labels (got talked into it), and inevitably, a set of 17" steel wheels to open a new avenue of beadlock design that I've yet see done before, so I'll gladly be the donkey on that one.

Til then, you can find me deep down in some dark woods dancing around a campfire. Tally ho.
View attachment 266882

So will the boggers become your street tires or move them along?

If you need some WJ rear coils to try let me know. I have a set.....

My plan is for not just a dual purpose street/trail rig but a tad bit more. The 315s and 37s will be my road tires with the 37s seeing some mild mountaineering overland trips.
Whatever sticky tire I get (probably reds) will be the tires I swap on for the serious trips between here and Moab.
The boggers I certainly don't plan on parting with. For what I paid for the set, I couldn't replace them for 2x the amount. The H1 wheels are severely overkill for what I'd be using them for but my plan for that combo is to have a tough, ready to go setup that when I do get the urge to enter hole and hill mudbog competitions, I could at least be competitive. I'm not a huge fan of mud, but I don't turn down a chance to float some valves.

Right On. I am completely inline with that thought process. Bring the correct tool for the task at hand.

You going to regroove the 37s? :D

Back