Project Steampunk

How was Cable Hill? Last time I was there it was covered in ice and I had busted my trans so I didn't hit it.

I saw a video on IG of Gillis hitting it at night.....

As for now, I'm still a passenger trying to dream up rides from a passenger seat. Once I get my tow situation straight (which is very much in the works), I'm down to ride with anyone and anywhere from New Hampshire to Mississippi. A brief discussion on Field and Forest took place recently, with a possibility of landing sometime around my b-day, but hellifino.
Put the dream of Harlan in that head of that Stuyck guy and come show me how to wheel......

@XJsavage that is awesome and I’d be pretty stoked to see old brought new again as well. There is something inside of me that searches for revival, I love old warehouses turned apartments. Rustic ways of life held onto and made profitable. I spent summers working around the Amish so I think it just boils down to the simpler times of this world are better.

Wow. What a cool swimming pool. Will they pump it dry for quarry work I wander?

Oh for sure I'll take some. There's also a 100' jump from a rock cliff into the water that's calling my name. :smokin:

Pretty dang cool. Watched the whole video. Still looking for the 100ft cliff, but that big one looks like a good 70-80ft.

image.jpg At the VFW for Sunday $1 drafts so cheers to you good sir!!

@XJsavage...Know anything about Yellow House Plantation on Johns Island...or resources that might have more details? Looking at some land and it appears it used to be a part of Yellow House. I did see it listed on the website you posted above, but very little info was given.

But gator is tasty just like those clams.......

Dude, your fabrication skills absolutely fascinate me. Love the jeep, and the theme. Badass.

Wish I got to spend as much time on the water as you, my kayak hasnt gotten wet this year, yet... I need to float down the yadkin/Pee dee again.

I haven't been on the yadkin but I have done some on Peedee. I've been trying to get more people into kayaking just to break up the routine trips between local lakes and rivers. I haven't been on a multiple day dowstream paddle in years. My 10xt Angler is dying to go! Just gotta knock the spider webs out of it. :(
When I was 17 I floated the Yadkin/PeeDee from Kerr Scott dam (20 mins from my house) to the state line over the course of the spring/summer/fall. I would put in early saturday and just float n fish all day. At night id just find a spot somewhere and tie off the kayak and hang up my hammock. Then float n fish all day sunday. Id plan around the lakes, too much paddling. I have a 10' Potomac sit in that I got as a birth day gift. That thing has been all over VA/NC, just not in the last couple years...

When I was 17 I floated the Yadkin/PeeDee from Kerr Scott dam (20 mins from my house) to the state line over the course of the spring/summer/fall. I would put in early saturday and just float n fish all day. At night id just find a spot somewhere and tie off the kayak and hang up my hammock. Then float n fish all day sunday. Id plan around the lakes, too much paddling. I have a 10' Potomac sit in that I got as a birth day gift. That thing has been all over VA/NC, just not in the last couple years...
A guy from my church did the Yadkin from Kerr Scott to the coast and didn't bypass any lakes. Did it all in one trip in 13 foot ocean kayak. Its been on my bucket list since hearing the stories.

A guy from my church did the Yadkin from Kerr Scott to the coast and didn't bypass any lakes. Did it all in one trip in 13 foot ocean kayak. Its been on my bucket list since hearing the stories.
Making it to the coast is still my goal. Life just gets in the way. I float around Kerr Scott a lot though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Is that off of Browning road? Hell there's so many plantations down there it's hard to keep track. That sounds familiar though. @BigGreenMonster is probably more familiar with John's than I am, even though I was only island over on James.

Off River Rd, about 5 miles past the Executive Airport and a mile and a half before Briars Creek Country club. Pretty much at the beginning of Abbapoola Creek. Not much plantation left....been divided up a lot over the years I'm sure. I'd be happy with the 22 acres though. :rockon:

Is that off of Browning road? Hell there's so many plantations down there it's hard to keep track. That sounds familiar though. @BigGreenMonster is probably more familiar with John's than I am, even though I was only island over on James.
I am not really familiar with that. What road is it off of?

Back