Random Metal Fab Fun.

Just finished up another necklace hanger as a Christmas present for my mom. Made a few improvements over the last one.

20151208_205153.jpg
20151208_205207.jpg
20151208_205034.jpg

I like that flower! More details.
Thanks!
I used various widths of 1/8" flat bar, then ground them to get a rough pedal shape. The rest of the shaping i did with a small brazing tip and hammer in a bench vise with brass jaws. The center is a small piece of round soild with 3/32 filler rod welded to it, then balled the ends.

That's kinda dope! I like the design. Your idea? Why the sil-bronze filler? Just for contrast and reduced HAZ?

Yep, thanks!
And yeah the bronze is just for the contrast.
This was also kind of used as a test piece. we have a customer wanting a run of tables made out of the same materal using the bronze filler.

I had a friend ask me if I could make a cool set of stairs to go from his garage floor up to a house entry door. He said no wood. I personally think they'd look cooler with two nice dark stained oak treads instead of just flat steel. He's going to paint these steps with bedliner so they aren't slick.

2a5a39647318943d63f89a7a6e8a4cb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a friend ask me if I could make a cool set of stairs to go from his garage floor up to a house entry door. He said no wood. I personally think they'd look cooler with two nice dark stained oak treads instead of just flat steel. He's going to paint these steps with bedliner so they aren't slick.
Agreed on the wood, or a blend of steel and wood risers. Working on a table with a metal inlay of strips like a old truck bed. Like the risers, very much has your imprint of style.

Somehow my response ended up in your quote....ooppps.

Don't ever plan to go to the garage bare-footed in the winter time to get something out of the car......

Knowing my friends, someone would dare someone else to stick their tongue to it.....

christmas-story-600x450-1.jpg

Thats badass....

Which reminds me ...I've got a project or two that are right up your alley that I need to buzz you about.

why in the world would you want to hold a can (barrel)?

Back