Random pic thread.

I’ve had a passenger with me since this past Saturday. I have no idea how it stayed there.

FC6194FB-1AFC-4074-ACC6-73440AF3BCE9.jpeg

Outer pinion bearing failed. Welded itself to the pinion. All I am doing is replacing the gears and bearings. The carrier has no damage aside from the surface damage you can see.
Hmm. Lack of oil. No slinger to keep oil in. Or an over rotated unit causing starvation. Inquiring minds wanna know......or learnt sumthin.

Hmm. Lack of oil. No slinger to keep oil in. Or an over rotated unit causing starvation. Inquiring minds wanna know......or learnt sumthin.
He took it to another local auto repair place where they tried to sell him an entire axle assembly. He drove it here with zero oil in it. I'm assuming the other shop neglected to refill it.
Over the phone he told me it was making a "clicking" noise 🤣🤣🤣

Outer pinion bearing failed. Welded itself to the pinion. All I am doing is replacing the gears and bearings. The carrier has no damage aside from the surface damage you can see.
With a little dremel work, you could probably reuse those gears :laughing:

Wife was gonna buy a love seat this weekend to put by windows upstairs, but she mentioned it was only temporary because she wanted a built in "window seat". I said "why spend money twice?"
3hrs labor and a $100 sheet of plywood later...
20220213_224337.jpg
20220213_224356.jpg
20220213_224454.jpg
20220213_224547.jpg

Worst part is always making a really nice square piece of wood, only to have to trim and deform it because of the out of square walls and sheetrock.
Still need to finish the trim on the front. Im mostly just delaying because I don't want to drag an airhose from the garage to the second story for a dozen pin nails. Once that's done she will paint it up and it'll look nice.

Im mostly just delaying because I don't want to drag an airhose from the garage to the second story for a dozen pin nails. Once that's done she will paint it up and it'll look nice.
You always.. .you know... nail them by hand....

In all seriousness I've found the $100 pancake compressors to be awesome for this scenario.

Or spend $500 on another Milwakee tool...

And a little fun at work today :D
20220216_092342.jpg
20220216_092349.jpg
20220216_092354.jpg
20220216_102241.jpg

You always.. .you know... nail them by hand....

In all seriousness I've found the $100 pancake compressors to be awesome for this scenario.

Or spend $500 on another Milwakee tool...
It's pure laziness. I have a 100ft hose on a retractable reel in the garage, which will reach to the front door, and it's only like 20ft from the door to the bench, so all I have to do is spool it out and connect a 25ft hose at the end.

But I agree, this is a good excuse for another Milwaukee battery tool. I haven't bought one yet this year :laughing:

It's pure laziness. I have a 100ft hose on a retractable reel in the garage, which will reach to the front door, and it's only like 20ft from the door to the bench, so all I have to do is spool it out and connect a 25ft hose at the end.

But I agree, this is a good excuse for another Milwaukee battery tool. I haven't bought one yet this year :laughing:
I have one you can borrow to convince you you need one.

Took the camper to the dealer for some warranty work yesterday. Campers always have SO many warning stickers on them. Strolling through the showroom and saw a new brand of camper I’ve never heard of. This is their warning sticker posted on the door. I’m in love….

Attachments

• 66F8BEF4-6E7E-4C7D-839A-D243747B681B.jpeg
    66F8BEF4-6E7E-4C7D-839A-D243747B681B.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 145
I bought one of those emulators that has 50,000 games on it, mainly to play NES and SNES games.
Proud to report I beat Castlevania 2: Simons Quest. Only took 30 years :laughing:

View attachment 367313
Curious what the box is?
You can download all that sw for free and run it on a PC, or a Raspberry pi, but its not as slick.

I bought one of those emulators that has 50,000 games on it, mainly to play NES and SNES games.
Proud to report I beat Castlevania 2: Simons Quest. Only took 30 years :laughing:

View attachment 367313
A way to get cheap games I wasnt allowed to play as a kid? Wth!

My folks thought video games was the devil.

Curious what the box is?
You can download all that sw for free and run it on a PC, or a Raspberry pi, but its not as slick.
@WARRIORWELDING
This is the one I picked up.
Kinhank Retro Game Console 256GB, Super Console X PRO Built in 50,000+ Games, Video Game Console Systems for 4K TV HD/AV Output, Dual Systems, Compatible with PS1/PSP/MAME/ATARI Amazon product ASIN B08ZYF8LMK
The reviews I watched on YouTube said yes, you can build one cheaper, but if you don’t want to deal with that it’s a great option. Only issue I’ve run into is the controllers are garbage so I bought the $17 Logitech controller and it’s been great.

How does my daughter keep finding these kids? She already knows I'm going to make fun of their shitty squatted truck the second time it hits my property line. I give them a pass on their first visit. After that the gloves come off. View attachment 367371
I typed and deleted 3 posts.

Good luck buddy

How does my daughter keep finding these kids? She already knows I'm going to make fun of their shitty squatted truck the second time it hits my property line. I give them a pass on their first visit. After that the gloves come off. View attachment 367371
Obviously she has her mother's taste in men :flipoff2:

I typed and deleted 3 posts.

Good luck buddy
Just be glad it's white (the truck I mean 😎)

On a much more serious note... A girls objective is to test her father's tolerance and find the limit. Then try and step over that.... And depending on how you react, usually sets the bar for her future decisions. So choose wisely.

Back