Random pic thread.

PXL_20230506_140054569.jpg

Got passed by a McLaren yesterday....he was actually driving responsibly....talk about pissing money away. I watched a Jay Leno's garage, half the parts on these cars hour out, whether you drive them or not...and they ARE NOT inexpensive to buy or replace. McLaren has mobile techs that go to the owners shop (assume all owners have a full shop and lift) for regular maintenance.

View attachment 396771
Got passed by a McLaren yesterday....he was actually driving responsibly....talk about pissing money away.
I know a guy that owns a 720. Build quality is very disappointing for even the price of a Kia in many things. He hasn't had it long enough for a regular service but from what he says a 20k service interval is more than the cost of a new Kia 😳

I know a guy that owns a 720. Build quality is very disappointing for even the price of a Kia in many things. He hasn't had it long enough for a regular service but from what he says a 20k service interval is more than the cost of a new Kia 😳
I’ll take, “Things I’ll never have to worry about” for a thousand, Alex.

Be careful doing that. I believe there are laws about mailboxes.
I believe you are right, technically if it doesn't breakaway in an accident, you could be liable for medical bills/damages.
Of course, logic would dictate it isn't your fault a coked up driver hits YOUR property....BUT the joy of winning that battle isn't worth the pain of fighting that battle in court.
I'm aware of the laws; I think it's "willful intent to cause damage or harm" or some rambling like that; I had coworkers saying I oughta sink an 8 inch pipe filled with concrete, but I'm positive that would land me a couple charges. I'm just going to beef up the supports so maybe even if it gets winged again I can repair it.

I got some dirt/trash in my left eye a week or so ago and obviously didn’t get it all out.It’s swelled like a festered asshole now. Been using medicated eye drops and salve w minimal results. Gonna give it till Monday then I’m gonna have to break down and go to the Dr.
View attachment 396758
Most medical insurance will cover this I’ve twice payed $30 for metal removal. The long you let it fester the more they’ll have to remove.

Just remember to tell them it is a foreign object and potentially infected so the eye Dr will see you same day. They usually have the last few time slots empty each day for emergencies

Most medical insurance will cover this I’ve twice payed $30 for metal removal. The long you let it fester the more they’ll have to remove.

Just remember to tell them it is a foreign object and potentially infected so the eye Dr will see you same day. They usually have the last few time slots empty each day for emergencies
Yeah a friend of mine is a really good welder/fab guy.He's had stuff dug out of his eyes before and has shared the details.It feels better today but the lower lid is still swollen some and i can see it.esp if I look down..That's what's bugging me the most right now.

Last edited:
Had a wire off the cheek poker 9,000 go into my eye years ago. Came in the house and told my wife I think I need to go to the doctor. It was sticking out of my eyeball like a Martini olive on a toothpick. That was 2 months of hell as I recovered. (Yes I was wearing a face shield but it still manged to ricochet into my eye!!)

Had a wire off the cheek poker 9,000 go into my eye years ago. Came in the house and told my wife I think I need to go to the doctor. It was sticking out of my eyeball like a Martini olive on a toothpick. That was 2 months of hell as I recovered. (Yes I was wearing a face shield but it still manged to ricochet into my eye!!)
This was just debri from under a truck I was pulling the case out of.If I have the rare luxury of getting to do it in the shop Ill take a air hose and blow all that lose stuff off. Like this one its usually flat on my back flat on the ground somewhere layin on a rug.:shaking:

Last edited:
Our power went out the other night for a couple hours, and there couldn't have been a better time, because the weather was pleasant and the moon was killing it!
1683566109911.png

Moonrise coming up across the front of the house:
1683566239354.png

And my youngest making me proud:
1683566318633.png

1683566350394.png

1683566394641.png

Our power went out the other night for a couple hours, and there couldn't have been a better time, because the weather was pleasant and the moon was killing it!
View attachment 396869

Moonrise coming up across the front of the house:
View attachment 396870

And my youngest making me proud:
View attachment 396871
View attachment 396872
View attachment 396873

Funny you posted that. We were at stone mountain Saturday and I look around cause munchkin was quiet. He was standing by the biggest tree around with his pants around his ankles. I hollered at him and he turns mid stream and goes "me get'n tree wet daddy!". I nearly fell off my chair laughing so hard. Mind you, we were in a crowd of about 50 or so.

Last edited:
I feel like this is only egging people on.
Should probably be called stupidity badges.
IMG_20230508_184115370_HDR.jpg

Haters gonna hate, but my wife buys those, and they are the best damn bandaids I've ever used.
How do? We normally use the NexCare ones that are skin tight, stretchy and waterproof.
I will, and have, wear a bandaid with unicorns and rainbows if it's a good fit and strays out.

How do? We normally use the NexCare ones that are skin tight, stretchy and waterproof.
I will, and have, wear a bandaid with unicorns and rainbows if it's a good fit and strays out.
To start with, it doesn't stray out, but it does stay put. ;) The adhesive is super grippy, and the fabric is quite tough, and they do a good job of holding up through showers and handwashing. Last November when I tried to chop my left knuckle off, I went through quite a few.

Back