Random pic thread.

Does it need a front bumper? I have one xj bumper I never sold.
Stock bumper or something cool? It has a stock bumper in good shape, but a coolkid bumper might be of interest.

I'm pretty sure that's not a Gladiator like you were looking for in your other thread :rolleyes: :flipoff2:

It is a clean looking manual XJ though.

Duane
My thought process eventually landed on an XJ being the functional equivalent of a 4 door JK, but cooler, cheaper, simpler, and without the stupid ducks. :D

The shin splitter 5000

FB_IMG_1708124428555.jpg

Judging by the driver seat being slid all the way forward, I'm going to guess you already won! 😂
You sir, are a smart, ass. :laughing:

And yes, I cranked it up and drove it down the road at 60mph before loading it on the trailer. Brakes are spongy, check engine light is on, but otherwise every single thing works on it except the LCD display on the radio.

Last edited:
Well that escalated quickly.
IMG_2335.jpeg
IMG_2336.jpeg

Even got help from the rest of the family
IMG_2338.jpeg
IMG_2339.jpeg
IMG_2352.jpeg
IMG_2355.jpeg
IMG_2356.jpeg
IMG_2357.jpeg

Man I remember drooling over all those bumpers at RIDES back in the day. Was a really cool display.
I cannot remember which style I have left. I'll have to get Dave to snap a pic at Oliver's. I did sell a few and have a pic buried in my phone of one taking on the rear of a van of some sort.......XJ won and had left a perfect impression of the bumper and front hoop. I've toyed with having another XJ myself. Regretted selling my White one many times. Should have just tinkered on it a little more and kept it. Had zero rust.

Man I’m envious of that thing
Well, just be patient. If it’s like anything else I’ve bought in the past decade, it’ll be for sale in a year or two, haha! What would you like on it? I’m thinking 2.5” lift,16” stock XJ alloy wheels, 31” Cooper Rugged Treks, @WARRIORWELDING front bumper with a Warn XD9000i and synthetic cable, and maybe some type of rocker guards. And swap the D35 for a Chrysler 8.25.

Well, just be patient. If it’s like anything else I’ve bought in the past decade, it’ll be for sale in a year or two, haha! What would you like on it? I’m thinking 2.5” lift,16” stock XJ alloy wheels, 31” Cooper Rugged Treks, @WARRIORWELDING front bumper with a Warn XD9000i and synthetic cable, and maybe some type of rocker guards. And swap the D35 for a Chrysler 8.25.
Do the big winch lol 😂

Do the big winch lol 😂
No, if it goes on anything, it’s the 5500. I do have a few to choose from at the moment, but I checked with the guy at the parts store and he said a 24 volt 18k winch was not compatible with a 99XJ.

No, if it goes on anything, it’s the 5500. I do have a few to choose from at the moment, but I checked with the guy at the parts store and he said a 24 volt 18k winch was not compatible with a 99XJ.

He probably checked for a 2wd XJ instead of 4wd.

Duane

Back