Random pic thread.

On the squirrel rant, went to fire the mower up over the weekend, ran fine for about 2 min. Then just died, bastards ate the fuel line off at the tank, and a good size hole in the fill cap. Time to let the 22lr ring!:sniper:
I have never understood the appeal of fuel lines to squirrels. Not only should the hose itself taste bad, I'd imagine it's quite the surprise once they get through.

Little fuckers ate a hole through the fuel line in my uncles '73 Brocno the night before it was picked up to be hauled out to me. Took me forever to figure out wtf was wrong with it after delivery.

For all you firefighters on here :p:
ascontent_ord1_1.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_xlp1_v_t1.0_9_12920281_15d486fc08f3826dbeae44031e98b0d41.jpg

Time and resource management. Not worth it.

Why don't you volunteer to go and do that for DNR?

If they let me keep the materials, I'd be all over it. I could use them to build a carport for my Beetle. Honestly - I would do it in a heartbeat. There's easily several hundred dollars worth of materials that don't even look like they've been in the elements long enough to have weathered.

If they let me keep the materials, I'd be all over it. I could use them to build a carport for my Beetle. Honestly - I would do it in a heartbeat. There's easily several hundred dollars worth of materials that don't even look like they've been in the elements long enough to have weathered.
I can tell you exactly how to get to it. Me personally, I'd love to have the tin off of it. Everything is freshly built from last year's duck season. The general rule is, it's perfectly OK to camp, hunt and fish the area with open fires and whatnot. About the only thing you can't do is obstruct anything permenant. It's a huge no no. This is coming from DNR themselves. So what I do is mark locations of these structures and tell DNR about them. They handle it from there. It has gotten to be a problem in the swamp with trash being left in these more civilized camp places. We (responsible outdooesmen) do more than our part to keep them clean but have our hands full. Whether or not they'll go burn this one down, I don't know. Houseboats and treehouse anchored to trees, absolutely. Come to think of it, I don't wanna get shot hauling off a few bucks worth of tin 3 hours back to the nearest boat landing.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160404_ec1ef2a771630ff8ac430281a5ce9e80.jpg

I prefer to turn the little tree rats insideout with the mag, and the tannerite is for their nests.

I can tell you exactly how to get to it. Me personally, I'd love to have the tin off of it. Everything is freshly built from last year's duck season. The general rule is, it's perfectly OK to camp, hunt and fish the area with open fires and whatnot. About the only thing you can't do is obstruct anything permenant. It's a huge no no. This is coming from DNR themselves. So what I do is mark locations of these structures and tell DNR about them. They handle it from there. It has gotten to be a problem in the swamp with trash being left in these more civilized camp places. We (responsible outdooesmen) do more than our part to keep them clean but have our hands full. Whether or not they'll go burn this one down, I don't know. Houseboats and treehouse anchored to trees, absolutely. Come to think of it, I don't wanna get shot hauling off a few bucks worth of tin 3 hours back to the nearest boat landing.

I can't believe sombodies would construct such a permanent structure if they new it was illegal. We have similar structures in N.C. for canoe/kayak campers in some of our swamps and I wonder if that platform is the same type/It looks alot like the ones I've seen on the Roanoke river...............................

roanoke river paddle trail canoe camping platforms - Google Search

Been meaning to post this since January.
Those who follow my wife on facetubes have seen it Im sure.

Took a trip to the desert and ran into a snow storm at 6000' elevation. Happened to be wearing a super comfortable NC4x4 Hoodie at the time and it kept me warm.

I made my son stand downhill so I wouldnt look so short.

IMG_2967.JPG

I told the wife it was too hot to go to work this morning:
alh3_googleusercontent_com_mr4uLTnu7Y2wxMqCXlqxsFSdAh__6IOG__r9848366697347bab9792d6fe9dc5cc92.jpg

Snapped a crappy pic of this today. Anyone recognize this 1 ton XJ?

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160406_902868da5b80496022fff7ec48031c9f.jpg

I did some machining work for Broncosbybart.
View attachment 214518
I've got a lathe with a 20" swing (28" with the gap bed removed) if you want to do it the easy way :D
I specifically wanted the big swing so that I could bore centers on any "reasonably" sized wheel.

I've got a lathe with a 20" swing (28" with the gap bed removed) if you want to do it the easy way :D
I specifically wanted the big swing so that I could bore centers on any "reasonably" sized wheel.
Oh snap. I want to make some chips on that beast. She have a sister?

Back