Random pic thread.

Biggest damn squirrel I've ever seen was near the birdfeeder this morning. Every bit of 2 foot, nose to tip of tail. Fat as can be. Tail the color of a red fox, and a white nose. Google search says it is a Midwestern fox squirrel.

View attachment 278912
Haly crap I thought maybe that was a woodchuck

Biggest damn squirrel I've ever seen was near the birdfeeder this morning. Every bit of 2 foot, nose to tip of tail. Fat as can be. Tail the color of a red fox, and a white nose. Google search says it is a Midwestern fox squirrel.

View attachment 278912
I was going to say Fox Squirrel. They can easily get that big.

4B2FF37B-C3A3-4E80-8448-19E2F466E283.jpeg

My kiddos...

Saw this at racetrack in Hickory today. Someboday got paid for this, and I'll be 20+ people laid eyes on some version of it (lay out, digital, print, etc) by the time it went up.

2ea3d43d58c8298b4ddc42bad71abec2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Saw this at racetrack in Hickory today. Someboday got paid for this, and I'll be 20+ people laid eyes on some version of it (lay out, digital, print, etc) by the time it went up.

2ea3d43d58c8298b4ddc42bad71abec2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Shit happens all the time haha. A few years back we had a banner stand printed for a client. They provided art. 3-4 people there proofed it, boss proofed it. I opened the .eps file just for grins so I’d know what to look for when it came in, “Kentucky” was spelled “kentucy” and nobody had caught it. It’s next to impossible to walk through a trade show and not pick out content mistakes.

New edc knife benchmade 535, my ole CRKT has served me well. If curious yes the blue matches my shit brown eye color perfectly,carbon fiber or titanium scales to come soon! View attachment 278906

Benchmade makes some very good knives, and are the best company I have ever spoken to about warranty issues.
I managed to break the blade on one of their red class knives I had owned for more than 5 years, by using it to split kindling from a big log. 100000% my fault.
I sent it back to them, asking if I could pay to have it repaired. They no longer made the knife I had, but gave me twice what i paid for it in credit to order a new knife.
I explained again, that it was my fault the original blade had been broken. They said if you are able to break one of our knives, we should give you a new one.
Again, this was one if their red class (lowest end) knives.

This is what ended up replacing it.....

20181029_004023.jpg

Last edited:
Shit happens all the time haha. A few years back we had a banner stand printed for a client. They provided art. 3-4 people there proofed it, boss proofed it. I opened the .eps file just for grins so I’d know what to look for when it came in, “Kentucky” was spelled “kentucy” and nobody had caught it. It’s next to impossible to walk through a trade show and not pick out content mistakes.

I hate being a printing pressman.
I see the errors without even looking after doing it for almost 30 yrs.
My favorite one was walking into a school office with a very large calendar on the wall behind the receptionists counter and mentioning the calendar had a grammatical error. It was one of those flip-ups with calendar on the bottom, something intelligent written on the top.
It took the High School English teacher 2 weeks to find it.

Matt - inkslinger

Benchmade makes some very good knives, and are the best company I have ever spoken to about warranty issues.
I managed to break the blade on one of their red class knives I had owned for more than 5 years, by using it to split kindling from a big log. 100000% my fault.
I sent it back to them, asking if I could pay to have it repaired. They no longer made the knife I had, but gave me twice what i paid for it in credit to order a new knife.
I explained again, that it was my fault the original blade had been broken. They said if you are able to break one of our knives, we should give you a new one.
Again, this was one if their red class (lowest end) knives.

This is what ended up replacing it.....

View attachment 278922
Which blade is on that one? This s30v is thin and razor sharp it may be to small for my edc/work knife I’ll just not be able to unscrew bolts and shit with this thing lol glad to hear their customer service is still good! I had a fixed blade black class given to me when I was younger was a 4-5” skinner if I recall some ass hat stole it in my apt at a party one night tho this is my first one since I owned that one and I love this little knife I may go titanium for lil more rigidity since it only weighs 1.3 oz lol

We will see how well this works tomorrow morning. There are 3 mice in the shop. Two grey ones and a brown/white one.

View attachment 278982
Did you leave a treat on the end?

I've also seen people smear some peanut butter on the underside (facing the bucket) of the bottle just so they spend more time on it craning their heads toward one side.

Did you leave a treat on the end?

I've also seen people smear some peanut butter on the underside (facing the bucket) of the bottle just so they spend more time on it craning their heads toward one side.
On the end? Of the bottle? No. Just in that middle section.. figuring they'd need to walk down the rod and need to put paws on the bottle to get at the peanut butter.

So..... You catch the mouse, then release it back into the yard so you can catch it again tomorrow?

Hippies :shaking:
you realize that has water in the bottom of it, right?

you realize that has water in the bottom of it, right?
Poor little fawkers...I've had that dream, too...all I wanted was some peanut butter, then I couldn't quite keep my head above the water. Always wondered what that dream meant. Now I know! :lol: Maybe it was my last memory from a previous life. :lol: Okay, time to stop putting crack in my coffee.... :smokin:

We will see how well this works tomorrow morning. There are 3 mice in the shop. Two grey ones and a brown/white one.

View attachment 278982
Mine failed miserably.....I modified the standard rat traps for a hair trigger and caught one a day while this thing sat smeared in a buffet of peanut butter.

Then a resident Black Snake moved in. Now if I could do something about the massive spider population. They don't "BUG" me but man what a mess in every nook and cranny.

Now if I could do something about the massive spider population. They don't "BUG" me but man what a mess in every nook and cranny.

Walked out this AM and one had strung a "tightrope" between the truck and the honda....which was right at eye level.

Arms full, web stringer now wrapped around my head, tangled in my eyelashes....yeah I bet the neighbor thought I was having a stroke

Poor little fawkers...I've had that dream, too...all I wanted was some peanut butter, then I couldn't quite keep my head above the water. Always wondered what that dream meant. Now I know! :lol: Maybe it was my last memory from a previous life. :lol: Okay, time to stop putting crack in my coffee.... :smokin:
Have you tried a fifth?

Solution to mice in shop or basement...accurate air pistol we have little tiny white mice all around the house winter time they come in I leave cat in basement and I shoot the mice he eats the mice I cut his cat food back by half a day! My best result tho which has always worked bc I grew up in hay fields was introducing 13 4-5’+ black snakes on property over last 3 years I’ve maybe had 4 mice I’ve seen since inside but have a few 6’ black snakes now that scare the shit out of everyone lmao and they keep poisonous snakes away too!

I always put a piece of dried corn or a peanut in the peanut butter on my mouse traps. I've had plenty of pb baited traps get kicked clean and not trip. The correct or peanut almost always gets them. The lick the pb but get greedy and try to pull the corn off. Works like a charm.

Back