Random pic thread.

One step closer to getting @woodrow back on the trails with us. Someone has to help me drag @Stuntman Autoworks' pile back to the trailer :flipoff2:
View attachment 292107

Note: Had to sacrifice coast side pattern a little to get a more centered drive pattern. His 8.1 will mask any slight whine on decel :D
The joys of trying to make low pinion 60 front last as long as possible.

Not that I ever do gears cause well I’ve never learned but anytime I have the cover off I always thread the bolts back in like that. I’ve got so many weird looks when I do it....

Not that I ever do gears cause well I’ve never learned but anytime I have the cover off I always thread the bolts back in like that. I’ve got so many weird looks when I do it....
Only psychopaths do that.

We've done 4 of their schools now. Those folks manage to be able to build a school for roughly 2.5 times per Sqft more than what WSFC has in the past :rolleyes:

Every single meeting during design involved over 100 people (some with ridiculous titles) from WCPSS. I think one guy introduced himself as "Superintendent in charge of putting chairs away after special assemblies" :eek: and everyone had an opinion/expertise in school design.

I'm like "hey, I'm just a paid monkey with a music box...you tell me what you want, and I'll play it" (as long as you pay me)
But with 100 opinions, it was impossible to nail anything down and actually WORK on it. I drove down for one meeting that lasted for 2 hours, and we never got past the sign at the road :mad:

And I thought Davidson County had the monopoly on overspending to build new schools when existing schools have maintenance problems out the wazoo. :)

And I thought Davidson County had the monopoly on overspending to build new schools when existing schools have maintenance problems out the wazoo. :)
I think the biggest problem is they don't stay on top of the maintenance. For example the district I work for is full filling some work orders that have had birthdays but most are at least 100 days old. We try to handle as much maintenance at the school I work at in house as we can.

Our budget is so tinny we can't afford buying a new janitor cart so the wheel is being held together by duct tape till next year.

41347985a5888afca0a027df16de6d38.jpg

As with all school systems.....2 completely different pots of budget: facilities/maintenance
Monies set aside for NEW schools (bonds) come from completely different sources than annual budgets for "maintenance"
I'm still good friends with the former head of maintenance for Davidson county schools...and damn day some jacked up politics going with my tax money

I think the biggest problem is they don't stay on top of the maintenance. For example the district I work for is full filling some work orders that have had birthdays but most are at least 100 days old. We try to handle as much maintenance at the school I work at in house as we can.

Our budget is so tinny we can't afford buying a new janitor cart so the wheel is being held together by duct tape till next year.

41347985a5888afca0a027df16de6d38.jpg
I bet the athletics isn't suffering.

As with all school systems.....2 completely different pots of budget: facilities/maintenance
Monies set aside for NEW schools (bonds) come from completely different sources than annual budgets for "maintenance"
I'm still good friends with the former head of maintenance for Davidson county schools...and damn day some jacked up politics going with my tax money

Our church did a major addition project (bbcourt/multipurpose room/kitchen/classrooms) about 15 years ago. I found myself on several of the design/spec committees. I brought up maintenance costs several times, got shot down every time. Usual shoot-down was: "We're here to build, not maintain, that will be somebody elses budget problem AFTER the building is built."

BUT...I tried to counter...what we design and spec has a DIRECT effect on the cost to maintain it....square footage, materials, etc, etc. Not a valid consideration, I was told.

I've had plenty of (untaken) chances to say "I told you so." Especially after 2009.

0411c4872dec4325b069a1f2e9195159.jpg

Took my big ugly pile to Sonic.

New toy "for the wife"
IMG_20190427_184005.jpg

Putting it to work. Electric wheelbarrows are neat!
IMG_20190429_183528.jpg

Had some out of town running to do yesterday and stopped by some Mexican joint for lunch.We were seated by a lil Mexican dude with some slicked back hair.Went to the bathroom and saw this above the mirror.I guess they don’t need name brand hair care products like Fop of Dapper Dan
cdaa6f67709fec3082302fd6d7b46b88.jpg

efc50e4ff6b04ca1a0c70547aca4b31a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your wife likes haulin bricks???
I don't think anybody likes hauling bricks. Apparently the brick Mason doesn't, because they were all in a pile beside my house. Anybody need some partial bricks? Free dollars.

Can't hydroplane that thing with all those bricks!
Just gotta hit it faster! (Though I'm certain that is not possible in this SXS, maybe if I did a 96 volt conversion?)

Bingo. And you are on the side of the county where they just spent a buttload of money building a new high school with laseer engraved trash cans and a beautiful auditorium that can't even hold the entire school. Ironically, rumor has it that even over budget they ended up having to skimp out on roofing materials and there are already problems with leaks. I've also heard there is miles of Cat6 cabling run to every classroom that isn't even terminated because they went with a state-of-the-art Wifi system and the Cat 6 isn't needed. Oops.

B I've also heard there is miles of Cat6 cabling run to every classroom that isn't even terminated because they went with a state-of-the-art Wifi system and the Cat 6 isn't needed. Oops.

That was actually a very idiotic DPI requirement. The school (and cable trays) were designed with Cat 5. DPI comments came back (as they usually do) weeks AFTER bid and a bulletin had to be issued to the EC to change all cat 5 to cat 6. Personally, I had never dealt with Cat 6 so I had no idea you were going from a wire the size of what cat 5 is normally, to something the size of your pinkie :eek:, and MILES of it. So needless to say I was floored by the change order number.

The roof had everything to do with the roofing subs installation methods, and not the materials. Also, Davidson county's policy of "NO FLAT ROOFS" bit them in the butt budget-wise, as well as means and methods of metal roof installation.

On the flip side....that school had the MOST room for mechanical equipment I'd EVER seen as a result of "NO FLAT ROOFS!!"

20170202_073831.jpg
20170202_073903_001.jpg

Back