Random pic thread.

That was actually a very idiotic DPI requirement. The school (and cable trays) were designed with Cat 5. DPI comments came back (as they usually do) weeks AFTER bid and a bulletin had to be issued to the EC to change all cat 5 to cat 6. Personally, I had never dealt with Cat 6 so I had no idea you were going from a wire the size of what cat 5 is normally, to something the size of your pinkie :eek:, and MILES of it. So needless to say I was floored by the change order number.

Someone got took.
Cat 6 cable is bigger but not no pinky finger bigger.
Its still a quarter inch nominal cable (.250)....I think cat 5 is .200 and cat 6 like .240

Who thought the window louvers being attached to the window frame was a good idea? I guess the next 14" snow or snow+ice storm we get will tell

20190501_130947.jpg
20190501_131106.jpg

CAT 6A is .354

When you are combining over 20 in a run, it makes a considerable difference

Yeah 6A is a whole different animal than 6. For sure.
Bigger conductor size and includes a shield on each pair and a group shield. 6A is double transmission speed capacity of 6, in theory.
Can def see how that'd be bigger.

What my day consists of today. Putting together chairs.
740b8b3db93890d38a91af5cd35d93f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Stopped by the post exchange for some lunch at the food court today and this little beater caught my eye. Toyota axles F&R, 285 Yokohama M/T’s. 3 link front 4 link rear. It looks really well done. It was next to the on post car lot but it didn’t have a for sale sign in it so I just gave in a quick snoop around/under then snapped a pic as I got back in the truck.
DA315BB2-3F95-49C6-B611-7E2235FC6391.jpeg

Stopped by the post exchange for some lunch at the food court today and this little beater caught my eye. Toyota axles F&R, 285 Yokohama M/T’s. 3 link front 4 link rear. It looks really well done. It was next to the on post car lot but it didn’t have a for sale sign in it so I just gave in a quick snoop around/under then snapped a pic as I got back in the truck. View attachment 292156

I put a radio in one of those for a friend's grandma about 20 years ago. It was weird, but not really any worse than any other 1990s Suzuki product (interpret that as you see fit). I don't know if I've seen one since.

The body styling, headlights, etc,. are just awesome. It's just a perfect '90s time capsule of dated styling.

I've had those days. That's what happens when you're the guy who actually has an inkling about mechanical stuff. Ever seen people have legit panic attacks when trying to put together IKEA furniture?
I literally had to teach a coworker how to use a wrench

I literally had to teach a coworker how to use a wrench

I have a coworker with a Mechanical Engineering degree who couldn't figure out that the 1/4Hex Dewalt drivers have a sliding sleeve (the knurled collet sleeve) to release the bit. He kept pulling on the bit and then he got pissed at it. We don't tease him about it because it was pretty embarrassing when I showed him that the sleeve slides.

Last edited:
Is this bumper style a thing, or just broken?
Serious question.
20190501_151115.jpg

Saw this guy on '95.
Knows how to pack like a boss.
20190501_154126.jpg

hard to see... the wheels didn't quite fit inside the bed.
I can here the conversation:
"Bring the bike."
"Bht the truck would be more practic-.."
"BRING MY DAMN BIKE."
"... ok, ill make it work"

Last edited:
Back