IMG_20190504_105715.jpg

Bought
12 maples (10 gallon)
10 cherry (10 gallon)
3 river birch (20 gallon)
12 Leyland cypress (2 gallon)
6 gardenia (1 gallon)

$500

Had to drive to lillington, but just the cherry trees would have been $1,250 at Joe's in Clemmons

20190504_113352.jpg

Bought
12 maples (10 gallon)
10 cherry (10 gallon)
6 gardenia (1 gallon)

$500

Had to drive to lillington, but just the cherry trees would have been $1,250 at Joe's in Clemmons

View attachment 292368
If you had a long bed, you wouldn't have had to drag the trailer along ;)

If you had a long bed, you wouldn't have had to drag the trailer along ;)
If that's what long bed guys have to say to feel more like a man :cool:

The bed was full of the Leyland and gardenias
Like...literally full. The trees were all over 7ft and they layed them down and covered them. I was quite impressed
Btw...princess helped unload all the trees. Very impressed she could muscle her half. :rockon:

Bought
12 maples (10 gallon)
10 cherry (10 gallon)
6 gardenia (1 gallon)

$500

View attachment 292368
Damn good deal! Did you also purchase the southern backhoe to plant all that shit?

Damn good deal! Did you also purchase the southern backhoe to plant all that shit?
Thankfully, my builder has his bobcat and lull on site. I know the codes, and the 14" auger is attached to the bobcat. Took me all of 30 minutes to bore 25 holes where she wanted all these bad boys. Then it was a matter of pulling the trailer close, she and I grabbing a side and walking it over to the hole and dropping it in. Took us about an hour and a half to "plant" them all

Thankfully, my builder has his bobcat and lull on site. I know the codes, and the 14" auger is attached to the bobcat. Took me all of 30 minutes to bore 25 holes where she wanted all these bad boys. Then it was a matter of pulling the trailer close, she and I grabbing a side and walking it over to the hole and dropping it in. Took us about an hour and a half to "plant" them all
Ahh Heck. You Know Big Clay, wanted to dig the holes for you! :lol:

Bought
12 maples (10 gallon)
10 cherry (10 gallon)
6 gardenia (1 gallon)

$500

View attachment 292368
You had me until you got to leyland cypress. They are way too disease prone. My parents have a line of maybe 15 that did great and got huge. They're probably 30ft tall, 20 yrs old now. They did great until a neighbor 1/4mile up the road put some in 5yrs ago and now they're dropping like flies. I'm convinced that his had some disease from the nursery and it blew down on to theirs. Look up green giant arborvitae they're a much hardier variety.

Really hard to get after photos with things like this. A marinaded/brined deer chunk all stuffed up with bacon before I tossed it on the egg at 1 and never touched a thing till just before 5 when I wrapped it and tossed it on top of the three Boston butts that were trembling in a cooler.
IMG_20190504_131916.jpg

Last edited:
Really hard to get after photos with things like this. A marinaded/brined deer chunk all stuffed up with bacon before I tossed it on the egg at 1 and never touched a thing till just before 5 when I wrapped it and tossed it on top of the three Boston butts that we're trembling in a cooler. View attachment 292438

I’ve got some back straps I need to grill soon

took my first semi long trip on the 2fiddy just to see what would creep up on the drive.Drove a 140 mile round trip and all went good
wallacetrip1.jpg

reason for going,had the uber red neckand another good friend cleaning up storm damage from storms. Took the three of us to roll and place each one of these chunks on this trailer. Look legit????? I think not. Any drive with the uber-redneck is an adventure.
wallacetrip2.jpg

took my first semi long trip on the 2fiddy just to see what would creep up on the drive.Drove a 140 mile round trip and all went good
View attachment 292469
reason for going,had the uber red neckand another good friend cleaning up storm damage from storms. Took the three of us to roll and place each one of these chunks on this trailer. Look legit????? I think not. Any drive with the uber-redneck is an adventure.
View attachment 292470

Gonna use that one as the tow pig for Harlan in July?

Back