Random pic thread.

Like, Yea! Who else would have such Miss-matched houses, & open Fields?

Certainly not the neighbors. They bought the house right next to that empty field 6 months before the white house started for $552k

flhouse.JPG

Certainly not the neighbors. They bought the house right next to that empty field 6 months before the white house started for $552k

View attachment 292807

Speaking of really ugly, architectural abominations....

Every single window is a different size and most are different styles, only one has shutters, there's random pieces of roof bumped out and way too many rooflines with zero reason, almost the entire house has bellcast eaves for some reason, some of the roof has hipped gables... The chimney is in a really weird spot (the house is huge, why put the chimney on the front?) and is way too short and stumpy for a 3-story house. I can't even figure out what that little orphan of a dormer window is even doing there.

This is what happens when people stick a whole bunch of random shit together to make something look fancy and expensive.

Seriously though, what the hell is with the windows.....?

This house is a great example of why you should hire an architect to design a house. It would not look like this.

Last edited:
It was built BY a builder as his personal home

It's actually on the cover of his facebook page. They moved to a smaller home in my neighborhood.

I don't know him personally, just know OF him. No idea if that was his own personal design or if he HAD an architect help.

They rebuilt the home in the community that made the news as being the largest/hottest house fire that the area had ever seen.

BTW, where did you get your degree in design?

This is what happens when people stick a whole bunch of random shit together to make something look fancy and expensive.
Quoted for truth. 95% of the new neighborhoods they throw up these days are designed the same way. It's like a keyword collection comes to life.

I didn't. I just have opinions, same as everyone else.
Gotcha
The chimney is in a really weird spot (the house is huge, why put the chimney on the front?)

I'm currently fighting this battle with my wife on the design of OUR home :rolleyes:

She too has no formal design education. Just opinion.

The chimney is way too short and stumpy for a 3-story house.

Min requirement: 2ft taller than 10ft around it. And any taller and you run into lateral bracing and wind load issues without internal structural support (read:$$$$).

That's called knowing your market. I bet he lived there a little over 2 years? ;)

Last edited:
Saw this in Marion and suddenly felt like I needed a 6 door truck too!
6 door.jpg

6 door1.jpg

The stuff you find in your truck when you finally decide to clean it out

View attachment 292762
Anyone know what ever happened to that property? IIRC it closed because the owners kids lived in FL he died and they wanted nothing to do with it......

Anyone know what ever happened to that property? IIRC it closed because the owners kids lived in FL he died and they wanted nothing to do with it......
It looks like its still undeveloped.

View attachment 292807
Sorry,but I just don't get it.Why buy a house that you'll be a slave to for the rest of your life???

Sorry,but I just don't get it.Why buy a house that you'll be a slave to for the rest of your life???

If you are smart (read lucky) you do it to live a few years, and sell in a hot market and make bank.
If the market increases 10% in 5 years you leverage as much capital as possible to make the largest total profit. And if its your primary residence its tax free. Rinse and repeat.

Its like going to vegas and playing slots with someone elses money. if you win you keep the winning but not the initial investment and if not you walk away and it sucks for them

4fd2da2c459a2f85421c9faca139ee6d.jpg

Popped up on the book of faces in my memories.

Edit: Frazier park 2013, 2 years after it caught fire. Makes you wonder if they burned out the underbrush if the forest would thrive.

Last edited:
Speaking of really ugly, architectural abominations....

Every single window is a different size and most are different styles, only one has shutters, there's random pieces of roof bumped out and way too many rooflines with zero reason, almost the entire house has bellcast eaves for some reason, some of the roof has hipped gables... The chimney is in a really weird spot (the house is huge, why put the chimney on the front?) and is way too short and stumpy for a 3-story house. I can't even figure out what that little orphan of a dormer window is even doing there.

Seriously though, what the hell is with the windows.....?

This house is a great example of why you should hire an architect to design a house. It would not look like this.
I was going to say almost exactly the same thing and then I saw your post. This house is all over the place, too many different shaped windows too many different designs in the windows themselves the chimney isn't proportional to the rest of the house. Too many roof lines that don't coincide with each other and the five head of a roof line. All terrible.

If you are smart (read lucky) you do it to live a few years, and sell in a hot market and make bank.
If the market increases 10% in 5 years you leverage as much capital as possible to make the largest total profit. And if its your primary residence its tax free. Rinse and repeat.

Its like going to vegas and playing slots with someone elses money. if you win you keep the winning but not the initial investment and if not you walk away and it sucks for them
Probably so.

5db26055fe9076e78e464b3d43122350.jpg

Someone doesn’t fancy the k5. She’s kinda pre-Madonna and doesn’t like louder than stock vehicles.

Depends what you mean by slave.
Some people can afford a $500k house, and are perfectly happy living in it. So what?

And there is of course @Ron's model. Personally, I hate moving, so it's not for me.

Depends what you mean by slave.
Some people can afford a $500k house, and are perfectly happy living in it. So what?

And there is of course @Ron's model. Personally, I hate moving, so it's not for me.
I know some can and do and if thats what makes em happy more power to em.Slave ='s cant go on a vacation,take a day off,buy a new-insert item here,or afford to get 2 hours less pay this week than normal because of a house payment they cant afford.Most of know folks like that.My FIL says you need to move every 10 years to weed out stuff you don't need,not that he takes his own advice.

I know some can and do and if thats what makes em happy more power to em.Slave ='s cant go on a vacation,take a day off,buy a new-insert item here,or afford to get 2 hours less pay this week than normal because of a house payment they cant afford.Most of know folks like that.My FIL says you need to move every 10 years to weed out stuff you don't need,not that he takes his own advice.
And thats why I love a small town with cheap property. We have more than we need with our property. We can make all but the two car payments on my income alone. If I want to take a week off, I dont have to worry about the mortgage not getting paid.

Yet, somehow I still never have enough money to finish my jeep.....

Back