Random pic thread.

RCV 300m inner star, RIP.

20200505_180225.jpg

I’ve learned over the past few months that if I park stuff in our amazon cart, my wife will randomly buy them.
Today, this showed up.

View attachment 317402
I bought the ASTRO 1442, used it one time, friend borrowed it, and broke it. Company sent replacement parts for free but I haven't put it back together yet. It does look like the same tool with more mandrels for less money.

So am I raising a human or a giraffe? Munchkin loves to watch stuff go by. Refuses to ride if he can't see.

20200505_191937.jpg

5d7bb106a05765c48a1fe4054ace1286.jpg

Good feeling knowing you’re the one who’s giving your 4th owner full-size Jimmy hell. I’ve seen some “I know what I have” trucks that the frame is destroyed up there.

That works fine on a horizontal plane where you can press down, and if the material is substantial enough to not deflect.
Otherwise the hole shooting match can "climb" out of the hole.

You'd have to have some nads to fly that thing right next to a set of transmission lines.
Sometimes they'll de-energize the lines, but as long as you don't exceed the Minimum Approach Distance (MAD) you'll be fine.
I've seen the aftermath of one going through a pretty nice deer blind in TN...TVA guy poked his head in after to make sure there wasn't any blood and we kept on rolling!

You'd have to have some nads to fly that thing right next to a set of transmission lines.
No path to ground, so you should be fine.

Until the saw hooks on the line and the safety release mechanism fails and you crash, creating a path to ground, which is ok, because the helicopter creates a Faraday cage, except it can't handle the amps and catches on fire and your seatbelt is stuck and you had to leave your pocketknife with the TSA and you die in a fiery inferno.

Back