Random pic thread.

112820-2xFGC-PC-2.jpg

Can't find the post but a while back someone posted a picture of a rusted out rifle up against a tree. Well, that was me this morning :lol:

Went duck hunting this morning but between last season and now they logged the woods leading up to our spot. Normally we drive to the back of the farm in our trucks and take the 4wheelers another 800yds around fields and through the woods down an old fifth row to the swamp. Got there this morning (we had not been back since last season ha) and our path was gone and the loggers left a mess. Took us forever to get to where we thought was our spot we went into the swamp was. It's wasn't. My buddy got his atv stuck so we left it and went wandering around the swamp till we found our spot. The hunt sucked. Too hot and the birds weren't there. Probably saw 10 and only shot 2. Late season it's not unusual to see 70 and get limits. We quit and head out. When we come out were 50 yds from our 4 wheelers. Leave our stuff and walk through thick ass cutover to the rides. Drive over, get our stuff and head out. I was about to die (1000 gram thinsulate sucks when it's 65°) So I took off my shirt to let my @Loganwayne man boobs get some fresh air. Apparently I forgot to pick up my gun. Got almost home, 40minutes away, when another buddy text me that some hounds might bust out of their pen and to bolo for monster buck coming across behind my house. I'm digging around in my truck door looking for buckshot when it occurs to me, my gun isn't in the passenger seat. Crap. It's not in the back seat either. I hope I laid it in the bed while I was taking my waders off. Get home and it's no where to be found. Back to Wilson I go. My wife was super excited.....
IMG_20201126_100545650_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201126_100340615_HDR.jpg

Can't find the post but a while back someone posted a picture of a rusted out rifle up against a tree. Well, that was me this morning :lol:

Went duck hunting this morning but between last season and now they logged the woods leading up to our spot. Normally we drive to the back of the farm in our trucks and take the 4wheelers another 800yds around fields and through the woods down an old fifth row to the swamp. Got there this morning (we had not been back since last season ha) and our path was gone and the loggers left a mess. Took us forever to get to where we thought was our spot we went into the swamp was. It's wasn't. My buddy got his atv stuck so we left it and went wandering around the swamp till we found our spot. The hunt sucked. Too hot and the birds weren't there. Probably saw 10 and only shot 2. Late season it's not unusual to see 70 and get limits. We quit and head out. When we come out were 50 yds from our 4 wheelers. Leave our stuff and walk through thick ass cutover to the rides. Drive over, get our stuff and head out. I was about to die (1000 gram thinsulate sucks when it's 65°) So I took off my shirt to let my @Loganwayne man boobs get some fresh air. Apparently I forgot to pick up my gun. Got almost home, 40minutes away, when another buddy text me that some hounds might bust out of their pen and to bolo for monster buck coming across behind my house. I'm digging around in my truck door looking for buckshot when it occurs to me, my gun isn't in the passenger seat. Crap. It's not in the back seat either. I hope I laid it in the bed while I was taking my waders off. Get home and it's no where to be found. Back to Wilson I go. My wife was super excited..... View attachment 331607 View attachment 331608

But At least you found your gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ate a bunch of food around 3, then watched the kids ride bikes for a while, and got a second wind around 7pm. Decided to start a little project I've been putting off for about a year. Not bad progress for 3.5hrs.
20201126_184459.jpg
20201126_195046.jpg
20201126_231025.jpg
20201126_231031.jpg
20201126_225210.jpg

Ate a bunch of food around 3, then watched the kids ride bikes for a while, and got a second wind around 7pm. Decided to start a little project I've been putting off for about a year. Not bad progress for 3.5hrs.
View attachment 331672 View attachment 331673 View attachment 331675 View attachment 331674 View attachment 331676
I've been contemplating tongue and groove boards for the walls of the basement. Like they use to do before sheet rock. So will you stain it after it's installed or what?

Had a pistol stolen out of my wife’s car a little over 2 years ago. I knew they caught the guy and my pistol was being held in evidence. I wrote it off. Figured it was gone and lost in the system. Low and behold, I get a call from the sheriffs department a couple of days ago telling me they have it and it’s ready for pickup. Still in the evidence bags and all. It’s even got the assholes name who stole it on each bag. I still can’t believe it sat in evidence for 2 years. I know a guy who’s stolen pistol was used in a murder and he got it back within days. Either way, glad to have it back.
898D1984-CA91-4A23-A11D-CF24509EE138.jpeg

View attachment 331672 View attachment 331673 View attachment 331675 View attachment 331674 View attachment 331676
Why does your foam not fill up the wall cavity? Or did you go full on baller and do closed cell?

Also, seeing your un-fireretardant painted foam ina room you actively use makes me feel better about not painting my attic :lol:

I've been contemplating tongue and groove boards for the walls of the basement. Like they use to do before sheet rock. So will you stain it after it's installed or what?
I'm not sure what my wife will do with it ;) Probably leave it bare. Its just a basement. These are just leftover sawmilled boards from Home Depot. Same thing we put on the ceiling throughout our house.
20201127_103615.jpg

Why does your foam not fill up the wall cavity? Or did you go full on baller and do closed cell?

Also, seeing your un-fireretardant painted foam ina room you actively use makes me feel better about not painting my attic :lol:
Basement walls are poured concrete, so we went with closed cell in case of moisture on the poured walls only.

The thought of fire retardant paint on the insulation never even crossed my mind. Probably a good idea, but safety third, cost and time first and second :D

Basement walls are poured concrete, so we went with closed cell in case of moisture on the poured walls only.

The thought of fire retardant paint on the insulation never even crossed my mind. Probably a good idea, but safety third, cost and time first and second :D

I hear ya big money!

It was an afterthought here as well. The insulation company never mentioned it, neither did the county inspector. My gc brought it up after we were done as an afterthought. Had the insulation contractor back out to quote it and crap is it high! Code allegedly says that any space that something could be stored in should be painted with fire retardant paint if not covered with drywall. Don't quote me on that. I tend to have a lax interpretation of codes.

I'm not sure what my wife will do with it ;) Probably leave it bare. Its just a basement. These are just leftover sawmilled boards from Home Depot. Same thing we put on the ceiling throughout our house.
View attachment 331701
I just remembered that the wife did stain the ceiling in our master bath. Same boards, some kind of earthy crunchy natural stain she mixed up and slapped on there.
20201127_110231.jpg

View attachment 331701
If its not T&G, how did you nail them so there's no nails showing?

It might not be technically wrong...but it sure looks wrong.

bsHrJ94b_o.png

Time to go boating
Had a pistol stolen out of my wife’s car a little over 2 years ago. I knew they caught the guy and my pistol was being held in evidence. I wrote it off. Figured it was gone and lost in the system. Low and behold, I get a call from the sheriffs department a couple of days ago telling me they have it and it’s ready for pickup. Still in the evidence bags and all. It’s even got the assholes name who stole it on each bag. I still can’t believe it sat in evidence for 2 years. I know a guy who’s stolen pistol was used in a murder and he got it back within days. Either way, glad to have it back. View attachment 331686

Back