Random Thoughts.....

If I'm stopped behind a few cars and see a car in the mirror speeding up on me, not paying attention/slowing down should I floor it hit and get the chain of cars ahead of me moving before the impact or just duck? seems to me it would help to lessen the impacts for all involved...............this happened to me yesterday @ a red light on an offramp for I-40 and I was about to gas it, the speeding car finally screeched to a stop about 5' from my bumper.

If I'm stopped behind a few cars and see a car in the mirror speeding up on me, not paying attention/slowing down should I floor it hit and get the chain of cars ahead of me moving before the impact or just duck? seems to me it would help to lessen the impacts for all involved...............this happened to me yesterday @ a red light on an offramp for I-40 and I was about to gas it, the speeding car finally screeched to a stop about 5' from my bumper.

Best thing to do is clamp on the brake and brace for impact. If they hit you with enough force to move your car, it will leave tire tracks where your wheels were stopped. If your foot is off the brake and they hit your car into the next one in front of you, it may be difficult to prove that you are not at fault in the secondary collision. I've had a chain reaction accident like that and luckily BOTH cars were covered by the initial hitter.

Note that service roads at Ure are not trails, dont flip out when you get on the trail system!

Also note that regardless of how big of a truck or how little driving skills you have, Friends of Uwharrie will not taylor a trail just for you so you dont damage it or pee your pants going over a birm.

Jeeps don't have that problem :D

nonjeep.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish I could do the Vulcan mind meld on my son and pass on to him all my experience and knowledge to save HIM from heartache, pain, and general toughness thru stupidity, but then I realize he'd also get to see his mother naked and in some very awkward positions, and no man needs to see his mother naked....EVER

I keep seeing a runflat commercial that says you can drive up to 50 miles after a puncture. Am I the only one that thinks, great now my wife will be 50 miles farther away when I get the "I'm stuck on the roadside with a flat" call.

I keep seeing a runflat commercial that says you can drive up to 50 miles after a puncture. Am I the only one that thinks, great now my wife will be 50 miles farther away when I get the "I'm stuck on the roadside with a flat" call.

Last time mine got a flat, she was only a half mile from the house. So she drove home on it, completely destroying the bead and sidewall and therefore requiring a full new set of tires instead of a $10 plug (its a Subaru, no mixing new/old tires because of AWD). There was a little trail of rubber bits through the neighborhood. I'm still not sure how the wheel survived, probably because they were UHP all seasons with decent construction and not some touring tire.

They just slightly damaged the wheel during mounting at the tire shop, so I put my foot up the service managers ass and they zero'd the bill. I hate stupid people, especially when I'm trying to get some lunch... That just made today even better.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish I could do the Vulcan mind meld on my son and pass on to him all my experience and knowledge to save HIM from heartache, pain, and general toughness thru stupidity, but then I realize he'd also get to see his mother naked and in some very awkward positions, and no man needs to see his mother naked....EVER
When i was a wee feller my moms worked third shift and my dad worked first so he would always get me ready for school and I would wait on the bus as he left and mom would come in from work to sleep shortly thereafter. One morning I waved good bye to pops as he left and I turned and ran back into the house because I wanted to mess with my mom. I locked the door behind me and went into her room and hid in the closet. I musta dozed off because the next thing I remember (right before the thing I can never forget) is hearing mom turning the closet door handle and opening the door....... I just jumped straight up and out with my greatest war cry ever. She had already showered and was fully nude except for the towel in her hand. She screamed and started frantically kicking and beating me with the towel........she was naked sooooo naked omg it was terrible. By the time about 2 seconds passed she realized it was me and then just breaks down crying, me crying( for different reasons I'm certain) we all damn crying. Looking back, that one never did get funny. So that's my "Mama kicked my ass while she was naked story".

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

When i was a wee feller my moms worked third shift and my dad worked first so he would always get me ready for school and I would wait on the bus as he left and mom would come in from work to sleep shortly thereafter. One morning I waved good bye to pops as he left and I turned and ran back into the house because I wanted to mess with my mom. I locked the door behind me and went into her room and hid in the closet. I musta dozed off because the next thing I remember (right before the thing I can never forget) is hearing mom turning the closet door handle and opening the door....... I just jumped straight up and out with my greatest war cry ever. She had already showered and was fully nude except for the towel in her hand. She screamed and started frantically kicking and beating me with the towel........she was naked sooooo naked omg it was terrible. By the time about 2 seconds passed she realized it was me and then just breaks down crying, me crying( for different reasons I'm certain) we all damn crying. Looking back, that one never did get funny. So that's my "Mama kicked my ass while she was naked story".

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

OMG I am dieing here laughing.

It reminds me of a crazy story from a HS friend who's real name was Brad but was known as "Blondie" for years despite being clearly a ginger...

We were in 7thor 8th grade all hanging out at a birthday party or some such sleepover BS. One of our friends (Matt) tells the story of how he recently walked in on his mom naked and fresh out of the shower.

Brad says "Really? I have to ask man, was she a true blonde? You know did it, match?"

So eternal ribbing ensued. For years people would ask why we called him Blondie...we'd always explain it was because of something really dumb he said one time.

Saw a bug laying on the carpet in the house tonight. Looked dead so I grabbed it to get rid of it. Well the fooker was a wasp and wasn't dead. Stung me on the underside of my thumb. Damn it that hurts.

Just glad my two year old didn't find it.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Years ago,like 1987 or something,we were at a home basketball game and me and two of my buddies went to the office at our high school and called about 50 1-900 #'s on the office phones(their were three phones).They never caught us but I heard they had a hard time getting the charges takin off.

Years ago,like 1987 or something,we were at a home basketball game and me and two of my buddies went to the office at our high school and called about 50 1-900 #'s on the office phones(their were three phones).They never caught us but I heard they had a hard time getting the charges takin off.
Considering I was born in 1987....... That prank is potentially older than I am.....

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Back