Random Thoughts.....

Was just out for a drive with the girls and was splashing the truck through some puddles to make them laugh.

We got home, the oldest says to the wife, “mommy, I want a Jeep so I can splash in the puddles at Rausch Creek!” She looks at me, I put on my best angel face. Inside, I’m completely this:

dynamite yes GIF

It's crazy how sometimes time flies, yet sometimes it seems to stand still. Been 8 years since I lost my mentor. He stepped up when my dad didn't and taught me most of what I know about engines, and a lot about life. Probably could have put this in the sucks ass thread, but he sure didn't.

Screenshot_20221003-195624_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-195332_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-195407_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-195449_Facebook.jpg

Spray foam insulation is awesome. I have 1 house that is 2500sqft+1500sqft basement, spray foam, all electric, 4 occupants. I have an 850sqft living space above the garage, standard insulation, all electric, 2 occupants. Here are the power bills for them:
1665087624881.png

Spray foam insulation is awesome. I have 1 house that is 2500sqft+1500sqft basement, spray foam, all electric, 4 occupants. I have an 850sqft living space above the garage, standard insulation, all electric, 2 occupants. Here are the power bills for them:
View attachment 382258
Yup. Very similar sqft home except no basement, but a big bonus room up top. All foamed. My highest light bill in 3 yrs of living here has been 170

Yup. Very similar sqft home except no basement, but a big bonus room up top. All foamed. My highest light bill in 3 yrs of living here has been 170
Yep, we have 1 outlier last January at $166, and the second highest is in the $130's.

Also, I just look at the actual bills above, and the $104 is the big house, and $105 is the little house. :laughing:

We were just re-orged (again), our Branch is the smallest with only 7 employees. 3 of them are named Dave.

Yep, we have 1 outlier last January at $166, and the second highest is in the $130's.

Also, I just look at the actual bills above, and the $104 is the big house, and $105 is the little house. :laughing:
This is frustrating for owning an older house. While our monthly bills are high, every time I get estimates on retro-spraying the attic, the math doesn't pan out, it would take many years to break even. Plus it doesn't help w/ the walls, windows, etc anyway.
Great for new construction, old homes are just SOL.

This is frustrating for owning an older house. While our monthly bills are high, every time I get estimates on retro-spraying the attic, the math doesn't pan out, it would take many years to break even. Plus it doesn't help w/ the walls, windows, etc anyway.
Great for new construction, old homes are just SOL.
It's true. Delta between standard and spray foam during construction was $7k vs $11k, so assuming it saves something like $30/month, the payoff is 10 years or less (plus it wasn't super expensive in the general scheme of building a house anyway). And it's bound to add to resale value for the right buyer too.

If I ever see anyone screw anything down at my house with a Philips head screw, they should prepare for the beating of their life. Been fighting a stripped one for about an hour now. Trying to not F everything up around it. Won’t drill out. It’s made of something from outer space. Can’t get behind it to cut it off. Torx trick doesn’t work. Faces need punching.

View attachment 382258
I'm so confused...where's the line-item for "TIP 20% 22% or 25%"

If I ever see anyone screw anything down at my house with a Philips head screw, they should prepare for the beating of their life. Been fighting a stripped one for about an hour now. Trying to not F everything up around it. Won’t drill out. It’s made of something from outer space. Can’t get behind it to cut it off. Torx trick doesn’t work. Faces need punching.
Left handed drill bit? That has never not worked for me. It doesn't take much bite to pull itself out.

I finally wrenched on it enough to expose just enough head to get vice grips on it. It still broke off half way in the wall , but it’s out and I’m good with it.
:dumbass::clap::beer:

It was the morning before Sunday and all through the house, not a creature was moving, not even my dang cats or wife. How do these people sleep so late? They all went to bed before me, and I've been up since 7sumpin.

It was the morning before Sunday and all through the house, not a creature was moving, not even my dang cats or wife. How do these people sleep so late? They all went to bed before me, and I've been up since 7sumpin.
10 is the new 7. Did you get the email?

Wait until they are teenagers. If I didn't wake Jonas up w/ the dog at 10am he'd easily go til noon.

As you age you will learn to appreciate and even cherish the peace and quiet.

0500 -0900 is my me time

Heluva day. Lost water this morning around 1130. Grab tools, start chasing. Every thing above ground checks out. So pull 140ft of pipe. Turns out wires rubbing casing over time was the culprit. Make the master list so no return trip to slows. Yep you can guess how thats gonna go. No wire any closer than east asheville. Had to get off i26 both ways due to traffic. But got everything I need right? Actually extra everything. 10ft extra wire, pipe and rope. Two elbows instead of one. 20 couplings instead of 14. Even new glue/primer. Im covered right? no return trip. Going home putting this sob back in the ground.

WRONG. brand new can of rain and shine completely solid. Walked in the house at 712. Guess No matter the project, you will be back at slowes one way or another

Articles like this always make me feel good about the world and my place in it. It shows me that no matter how damn dumb I feel, there is someone making more money than me that is dumber, so there is plenty of room for me up the food chain.

Articles like this always make me feel good about the world and my place in it. It shows me that no matter how damn dumb I feel, there is someone making more money than me that is dumber, so there is plenty of room for me up the food chain.
I read the article before I read your commentary, and as I was reading my exact thought was "how can someone so damn dumb make so much money?" :laughing:

I read the article before I read your commentary, and as I was reading my exact thought was "how can someone so damn dumb make so much money?" :laughing:
they may be really attractive.

Back