Random Thoughts.....

I have only seen like two tobacco wagons this year. Kids now and transplants just wouldn't understand the prevalence of tobacco even 20 years ago. Quite a few tobacco warehouses in town that are now repurposed, just about every field in the county was planted in tobacco, all the farm kids out of school getting in, etc.

I've noticed that. I'm probably one of the you gest people to have hand primed baccer. We had a system where us kids went and helped prime, and the owner gave us a hog to have butchered.

That's the makin's of a country song right there.
Yep. It's just as un country as what most people call country music these days. Should fit right in.

Soybeans. Gotta feed tge masses at McDonalds.
Really more about feeding the hogs and poultry. The soy oil coming out of Cargill in Fayetteville is the byproduct of the meal production. Oil is driving the market more now than it was though thanks to biodiesel mandates.

I have only seen like two tobacco wagons this year. Kids now and transplants just wouldn't understand the prevalence of tobacco even 20 years ago. Quite a few tobacco warehouses in town that are now repurposed, just about every field in the county was planted in tobacco, all the farm kids out of school getting in, etc.
I do hate those times are gone. BUT, i really enjoy being indoors in a public place without cigarette smoke.

I do hate those times are gone. BUT, i really enjoy being indoors in a public place without cigarette smoke.
The decrease in cancer is nice too.
So now we can just die of diabeeeetus and other heart problems instead.

I do find it interesting that airplanes still have no-smoking signs everywhere. Is that really necessary? I think "no onions, stinky cheese or burritos" would be more useful.

Good just get you from point A to point B.
Great cars... just get you into trouble.

Why do runners run in the road when there’s a sidewalk right beside them? I think they’re assholes. Get out of the road!
asphalt is easier on knees than concrete

Why do runners run in the road when there’s a sidewalk right beside them? I think they’re assholes. Get out of the road!
Also if there are people walking on the sidewalk it can be very awkward navigating around them

asphalt is easier on knees than concrete
And walking is easier on the knees than running ;)
Also if there are people walking on the sidewalk it can be very awkward navigating around them
See above, problem solved :D

We have idiots that do this in our business park. And my beef isn't with the runners, its the walkers who walk 6-8ft from the curb and then give you dirty looks when you drive by them at 50 in a 45, when the sidewalk is literally a few steps away parallel to them.

And walking is easier on the knees than running ;)

See above, problem solved :D

We have idiots that do this in our business park. And my beef isn't with the runners, its the walkers who walk 6-8ft from the curb and then give you dirty looks when you drive by them at 50 in a 45, when the sidewalk is literally a few steps away parallel to them.
You're the asshole.
Because you're only doing 50.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people think that anyone gives two shits how smart or athletic their kids are. I get that folks are proud of their kids, but literally no one else cares except for the kids grandparents and maybe an aunt or two.

Edit: this post has nothing to do with the proud parent thread. I'm taking about folks who monopolize conversations by telling how amazing their kids are at everything.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how some people think that anyone gives two shits how smart or athletic their kids are. I get that folks are proud of their kids, but literally no one else cares except for the kids grandparents and maybe an aunt or two.

Edit: this post has nothing to do with the proud parent thread. I'm taking about folks who monopolize conversations by telling how amazing their kids are at everything.
The thing that bothers me is the parent acts like the kid is gonna go pro and they blow thousands of dollars (or more) just for the kid to give it up and move onto the next thing after they're out of school. All the while they don’t do anything else while the kid is in their formative years so the kid is actually behind the power curve socially cause he never went and did kid stuff. Only sportsball.

I’m not against school age sports as I was involved in many (CC, track, downhill ski team) but it shouldn’t be the only thing the kid knows.

I get that folks are proud of their kids, but literally no one else cares except for the kids grandparents and maybe an aunt or two.
It gets even better when you're older.

"My son wen to harvard on a full ride, and finished medical school in one semester"

"My Daughter just sold her third business and is vacationing in Fiji"

We use to go to the big corporate Christmas parties at my wife's company (back before IBM bought Watson Health and her consulting firm) and I thought maybe our kids were serious underachievers :( because they were just making A's and B's in their classes in college...and not out there curing cancer, or making millions like some of the folks in her company. Turns out a great deal of those stories were just that. Just stories.

Still, I always smiled and just said "good for you, I'm sure you're proud" when I truly wanted to make the "jerking off" motion to my wife and roll my eyes :laughing:

There should be a fine for not using the Reply All button when apprpriate.

I'm dealing with this woman about something, probably had a dozen replies back. EVERY SINGLE TIME I add 5 other people that are critical to the discussion, and she replies only to me. This woman is professor at a university. Its maddening, and I can't imagine this habit going over well with students or other faculty.

Back