Random Thoughts.....

F@&k this heat
Screenshot_20240622-165740.png

Shops been 96 all flippin day.....I debated on pulling an all nighter last night because of it. But come Monday I'd be all screwed up.

Shops been 96 all flippin day.....I debated on pulling an all nighter last night because of it. But come Monday I'd be all screwed up.
You're gonna be all screwed up from being in a 96 deg shop all day too!

Need some ac! Best $40 I've spent on shop stuff in a long time was a window unit. Might not keep it at 65, but makes it bearable.

Need some ac! Best $40 I've spent on shop stuff in a long time was a window unit. Might not keep it at 65, but makes it bearable.
This. Last year I picked up a somewhat used 14k-something or other unit via FB MP to replace my old 9k and it was worth every penny.
The betterm money is a mini split or two for the size of your shop, but its more work and more $$.

Pro tip: Don't wait until the hottest day of summer to look for one. Thats when eveyrone else the idea too!

Ehh, why spoil myself, 😂
Everything else I do is either outside or in other non AC shops. This time of year I don't even run the car AC by myself. I actually feel better just maintaining a flow of bodily juices from all over.....but second I stop I'm done for.

Yea
This. Last year I picked up a somewhat used 14k-something or other unit via FB MP to replace my old 9k and it was worth every penny.
The betterm money is a mini split or two for the size of your shop, but its more work and more $$.

Pro tip: Don't wait until the hottest day of summer to look for one. Thats when eveyrone else the idea too!

Yea a mini split is on my list. Just happened across a window unit for not much cash.

Ehh, why spoil myself, 😂
Everything else I do is either outside or in other non AC shops. This time of year I don't even run the car AC by myself. I actually feel better just maintaining a flow of bodily juices from all over.....but second I stop I'm done for.

Ik what you mean. But dang if it ain't nice to have a reasonably cool place to piddle around.

My full time job and side hustle are all day outside jobs rain or shine. I’ve learned to embrace the suck. I prefer the heat to freezing cold. At least you get small amounts of relief in the shade or a breeze. There’s no escaping the cold and wet when you’re outside all day. Layers and rain jackets don’t do crap. Strategically placed hand warmers do help on the super cold nights though. Give me the heat any day.

I'm not sure I'd drive 1200 miles at 7mpg for that view.

But I might for that blue cheby down the street.

bluechevy.jpg

Go to Google Maps and look up:

324 Front St
Barnum, IA

Trust me.. just do it lol
Them thangs is looking at both the time zones I'd be in to see em in person!

@RatLabGuy was ahead of his time. He shoulda started instagram:

Maybe we all need to make stickers w/ our screen names on them.
Then it'd be easy to attach the vehicle w/ the name you see here.
"Real Names" come later...

'course a big sticker saying just "RatLabGuy" would be kinda :gay:
Sctach that.
But it prob would be better incentive to come up w/ something cooler next time...

OK, so howz this
View attachment 125318
Or this
View attachment 125319
Quick 'n dirty....

I do kinda like the idea of some subtle sticker, under-cover gang style and anonymous...

Back