Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

I lack time and skill to do some metal working that I have wanted for some time now...
Hauled the ol girl down to Mars Fab today. The plan is longer wheelbase, lower COG, all new front 3 link, big aluminum radiator, new front tube work, all with the @MarsFab twist.
No rush, no buddy deals, just high quality work.
Super excited to see what he comes up with!
IMG_20200913_171641870.jpg

I lack time and skill to do some metal working that I have wanted for some time now...
Hauled the ol girl down to Mars Fab today. The plan is longer wheelbase, lower COG, all new front 3 link, big aluminum radiator, new front tube work, all with the @MarsFab twist.
View attachment 325798

Does this put the buggy build on the back-back burner... on low simmer?

Does this put the buggy build on the back-back burner... on low simmer?
Back burner.
We want to buy some land adjacent to our house property and I still have a shop to build. Throwing some $$$ at my truck will get me by for a few years until the dust settles.
@mcutler and I been talking a while and likely have a plan, chassis-wise.

View attachment 325798

Saw you coming down 26 yesterday around lunchtime, my son loves your truck!

we were on the way taking the kids to Skytop Orchard.

Very excited to see what he comes up with!

Saw you coming down 26 yesterday around lunchtime, my son loves your truck!

we were on the way taking the kids to Skytop Orchard.

Cool! It'll still look very silimar, just scaled down a bit.
You don't see many full bodied rigs on buggy lines. That's an important aspect of what Chris is doing to it. We each like the fact it looks like a Ranger and not just a Tellico cab truck Skoadmobile. The planis to keep the grille intact and hopefully the headlights too (ain't gonna happen though). If I wanted a buggy, I'd have a buggy. But following buggies around all day is cool feeling.

What is the current wheelbase? What is the goal for the new wheelbase?

What is the current wheelbase? What is the goal for the new wheelbase?
116" now. Plan is to scoot the axle forward enough to get it out from underneath the oil pan. That way it can be lowered and gain needed uptravel.
If it gets moved as much as we plan, it will be around 122". Then it can be lowered 4" overall.

If you go that far forward is a 4 link an option?

116" now. Plan is to scoot the axle forward enough to get it out from underneath the oil pan. That way it can be lowered and gain needed uptravel.
If it gets moved as much as we plan, it will be around 122". Then it can be lowered 4" overall.
I want to slide the xj axle forward and the rear back when I redo it. Also lower it too. Does this mean I've actually learned something from hanging out here?

Back