Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

4" sounds like enough to make it even more pleasurable to ride in.

Looking forward to see what Chris works up on this thing.

If you go that far forward is a 4 link an option?
Nope.
We spoke about that. But between exhaust, a 78 era Ford 60 front (chunk more centered than later ones, driveshaft and not wanting a subframe, ain't gonna happen.
I dig a 3 link. No issues for the last 6 years. None expected after a much better fabricator than I am builds the next version.

4" is nothing to joke about. @Loganwayne is pretty sensitive to jokes about his wang.
Funny, 4" came up the other night at @Chris_Keziah shop and both he and @77GreenMachine were bragging about having that. If I recall correctly, it went something like "yea, when you're young you brag about how big it is...when you get old you just joke around about actually how small it really is"

FWIW, I had nothing to contribute to that conversation...

Nope.
We spoke about that. But between exhaust, a 78 era Ford 60 front (chunk more centered than later ones, driveshaft and not wanting a subframe, ain't gonna happen.
I dig a 3 link. No issues for the last 6 years. None expected after a much better fabricator than I am builds the next version.

Just curious. Never understand why some hate on a 3 link. A properly setup 3 link can perform very well. Is a 4 link better? Yes? But is a 3 link bad? Not at all.

Just curious. Never understand why some hate on a 3 link. A properly setup 3 link can perform very well. Is a 4 link better? Yes? But is a 3 link bad? Not at all.

Because if you lose 1 bolt or a weld then you are breaking a lot of shit! But it’s easy to package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a joke in there somewhere

:D

Funny, 4" came up the other night at @Chris_Keziah shop and both he and @77GreenMachine were bragging about having that. If I recall correctly, it went something like "yea, when you're young you brag about how big it is...when you get old you just joke around about actually how small it really is"

FWIW, I had nothing to contribute to that conversation...

Don't bring my name into that, Phillip is the one that loves to talk about his lack luster size.

Because if you lose 1 bolt or a weld then you are breaking a lot of shit! But it’s easy to package.

In all honesty, I'd prefer a triangulated 4 link, but there's simply not room.
Losing a weld or bolt on a 3 link w/panhard is just as crappy as losing one on a 4 link.
I mean, every XJ,MJ,ZJ and TJ owner owes their life to a 10mm trackbar bolt if you think about it.

Last edited:
[mention]77GreenMachine [/mention] [mention]BigClay [/mention]

850cc44a0f127dd98c3dab3c14e52b14.jpg

You know...if you'd shave that chewbacca back of yours, you may get honorable mention as the small spoon

[mention]77GreenMachine [/mention] [mention]BigClay [/mention]

850cc44a0f127dd98c3dab3c14e52b14.jpg

@BigClay is much bigger than that and holds me tight and firm. That guy couldn’t even keep him warm on a January Harlan night.

Might be the biggest build thread derailment EVER...

Back