Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

Could buy an LS for that price :p
Could also buy a beater daily driver, a used ADV bike, or a pair of Jordons.... but none of which would go in either truck without: adapters for an LS/NP435, mounts, harness chop...and endless amounts of rabbit hole monies :dumbass:

I was just playing :)
Me too :cool: I'd NEVER spring for a pair of Jordons :lol:

I'm a die hard Ford guy, but there's no denying it costs WAY more to make power with a SBF compared to a typical LS swap.
A Fox body, 6.0 LS/PG combo would be a sick little drag car. 450 HP for half what it would cost if all FoMoCo.
Yup.
I'm a brand whore. I truly do not care what MFG it is...if it's something that appeals to me, then I just love it.

C2 vette
69 Boss 429
70 Roadrunner
72 Split bumper camaro
67 Chevy short bed 4x2
79 Ford Long bed 4x4
power wagon from Simon & Simon
Ferrari 288 GTO
LS swapped 240Z (ever since Darius240 did it....I've wanted one...buy because grape ape, won't ever see that dream)

But I agree....FoMoCo performance is stoopid $ compared to errrrday Chevy

I am not a brand loyal guy at all. HP/TQ are just numbers. I'd put a Kia V8 in my buggy if it made more sense.

the old school V8s are nice but the perf/$ difference with the modern stuff is insane.

Nothing beats a high compression NA big block though, whether it's Mopar, Ford or GM.

Or maybe a blown LS :D

The only thing worse than my sheetmetal welding and/or tin work is my photo taking in a dark shop.
Regardless...
Firewall holes are all sealed up on both sides. Also modded the battery box to fit in it's new home. Tied into a few tubes and very well protected.
Then I used a 48" floor fan, 36" stand up fan and a backpack leaf blower to clean out the shop. Between my pile and all the fabrication on @thebrotherinlaw XJ, the grinder dust and such was out of control.
The parking lot looks like glitter now!
Also the Busted Knuckle harness came in today. Goodies from Summit, Rock Auto and CJ Pony Parts did as well.
Here's the crappy pics
IMG_20210125_174337500_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210125_174354766_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210125_103116427_HDR.jpg

Parts are accumulated, everything is here that I need to finish it.
I was busy in the shop making money for a while, work has been super busy all year and 2 months ago, we lost both full time employees. The Ranger has taken a backseat until I have more free time.
It's a bruise, not a tattoo.

Last edited:
im reading it like this...

making to much money slinging my wood, shop going up sooner than i thought and chassis is on order so why finish ranger until shop is done.
Keeping the family biz going so I don't work until lunch of the day I die, shop is still on hold until construction costs drop, Ranger chassis good, but a new mid travel carbon mountain bike is in the works.

Keeping the family biz going so I don't work until lunch of the day I die, shop is still on hold until construction costs drop, Ranger chassis good, but a new mid travel carbon mountain bike is in the works.
Like a Santa Cruz Tallboy? My son raced one we got used. The difference for long rides is night and day to the Hightower.

Back