Round 2: Keepin' up with the Joneses, Mud Devils and Tony Woody

jodykillingus.jpg

All of us waiting for updates from Jody....

Wanna wear tight shorts and meet me in the woods all sweaty?
I used to do a lot of that until the kids came along and I miss it. Now that they are getting older I'm hoping to start doing more of it again. Apparently need to get me a couple of assy gays though.

I used to do a lot of that until the kids came along and I miss it. Now that they are getting older I'm hoping to start doing more of it again. Apparently need to get me a couple of assy gays though.
I wanted Titman tires. But they're backordered. So Assguys we're the next reasonable choice.

All joking aside...
Between being absolutely slammed at work, in the middle of house renovations, helping care for my wife post-hernia sugery, dislocated shoulder, etc, I haven't made much progress at all since January. Call it what you will, but life takes over occasionally.
I have literally everything here to finish, aside from the free time.
For me, at the end of a long ass day (week/month), it's really easy to grab my bike and be on trail in literally 5 minutes from the house. That's my adreneline rush, relaxation outlet right now. I've learned to not put too much on my plate at once, or I get overwhelmed (see my What have you done for your health post). So for right now, finishing the Ranger is a backburner thing.
I'll have it done before long though. Lisa and I both miss wheeling and showing @Stuntman Autoworks how a real man does it. Plus, it's a great way for me and @thebrotherinlaw (and his wife, my sister) to hang out.
It's a season, not a decade. I'll be back out there heckling y'all soon.

I'll put my ass in the driver's seat and hurt some feelings :driver:
That's some BIG talk from someone who's been on big ass sticky's and V8 adrenaline for numerous years :cool: This will be very interesting indeed

Time to finish the ol' girl up🤘
I'm done with side work and rent is paid through June. No excuses anymore.
Couple weeks ago, @mcutler stopped by the shop and we talked shop a while. Long story short, it motivated me to get the Ranger back on the trails.
The one thing I was unsure of was the power distribution after gutting everything. Matt talked me into the SwitchPros system. It'll be here Tuesday.
Today I spent a solid day in the shop. Just my rig and White Zombie on the stereo.
Got the Holley Terminator engine side done. Dizzy back in, intake installed and started making fuel line retainers
Finished gutting the dash. Everything not needed or structure was cut out. It's way lighter now. Reinstalled the dash and steering column. Temporarily installed the dash trim so I can take inventory. Gutted the space behind the glovebox. Mounted the Holley PCM back there to protect it and keep ALL the wiring in the same place (pass side firewall and behind pass side dash) in an effort to keep things tidy.
Also gutted the airbag. The dead space behind it will be a small glovebox now.
Hung one rear door just to see if the cab is tweaked. We good
Gonna keep chewing away at some small items this week and put in another full day next weekend
I want to have it running in January and on the trails in February.
Here we go.
PXL_20221218_210505355.jpg
PXL_20221218_210539961.jpg
PXL_20221218_210616992.jpg
PXL_20221218_210554990.MP.jpg
PXL_20221218_210520479.jpg

Glad to see this!

I wasn’t sure about the SwitchPro deal myself, guess it was just old school but I always preferred toggle switches till I got this buggy. It has a SwitchPro panel in it and I love it!

Glad to see this!

I wasn’t sure about the SwitchPro deal myself, guess it was just old school but I always preferred toggle switches till I got this buggy. It has a SwitchPro panel in it and I love it!
Same here. But after cleaning up the old dash, there's a bunch of random holes where switches used to be. I want the interior tombe really clean and well thought out this time
I'll integrate the Switch Pro where the radio used to be and the Holley stuff will all be behind the dash, well protected.

Back