SHENANIGANS

On the dyno! Numbers are what you would expect out of a mostly stock 5.3 and they’re nothing to brag about. Drivability at low RPM and not stalling out at idle is where we spent the majority of the time. She’s home now and ready to thrill the wife and kids around the farm while I get a feel for her and chase down loose bolts and drips.

Long time coming. Congrats dude. 2023 oughta be a good year for wheeling.
I’m sure hoping so. The new job is way more flexible on time off. I’ve got some vacation saved up and if I’m off or can get off, I wanna ride.

This is one of my favorite buggies. From the cross country upside down loaded chassis retrieval, to the mars fab unicorn sprinkles, to the whoop-a-lick driveline. I'm so stoked for you Brian, and would LOVE to be there to see you beat this thing. This is one of the very few vehicles that makes my envy wheel spin pretty fast

Let me check the book at work. If I can get off, I could probably do 12/30-1/1
Do It GIF

First off let me say Brian is a very good close friend. Brian has rode with me in my Jeep a few times, I even trusted him to take my Jeep to make a wheeling trip, that I couldn't go on due to some surgeries that I was recovering from. I told him to drive it like he had seen me drive it. Do I just drive it on the rev limiter(not really, but to the point I float the valves) I try... to drive it slow and crawl stuff(anti-climatic) But when a heavy foot is needed, I use it, and I also am not afraid to winch, that's why it's there. So, will he baby this thing? I think not. Will he abuse it, no, I don't think so.
This has been a dream of Brian's for a long time, So I think he will drive it much like I do mine. If he breaks it, he'll fix it, but he's not gonna be out to destroy it, nope, I think he plans on being able to go when he can to wheel, and it. Not to be a fixture in his garage to always being working on it, vs wheeling it.

First off let me say Brian is a very good close friend. Brian has rode with me in my Jeep a few times, I even trusted him to take my Jeep to make a wheeling trip, that I couldn't go on due to some surgeries that I was recovering from. I told him to drive it like he had seen me drive it. Do I just drive it on the rev limiter(not really, but to the point I float the valves) I try... to drive it slow and crawl stuff(anti-climatic) But when a heavy foot is needed, I use it, and I also am not afraid to winch, that's why it's there. So, will he baby this thing? I think not. Will he abuse it, no, I don't think so.
This has been a dream of Brian's for a long time, So I think he will drive it much like I do mine. If he breaks it, he'll fix it, but he's not gonna be out to destroy it, nope, I think he plans on being able to go when he can to wheel, and it. Not to be a fixture in his garage to always being working on it, vs wheeling it.
Probably a pretty realistic assessment. Not to disappoint anyone, but there will likely never be a full throttle beat down with glowing headers. I thoroughly enjoy the man and machine meshing together to crawl an obstacle that others decided to throttle out of. Not judging anybody else because we all get our kicks in different ways. I do appreciate a good southern bump now and then, but a “bouncer”, I am not.

I like the MSD wires with the bendable plug ends.

That one must have been wedged up against a header primary!

Man I really love this thing. Probably one of the best buggy’s I’ve “seen” get built. Hope we get to wheel together at some point.
I get where you’re coming from on the beat down driving, I didn’t build mine but it’s the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought, and truly the rig I’ve dreamed of in every way. After wheeling at The Ranch this weekend and living on the road, I treat it a lot different than past rigs.

Hope you enjoy, and get a lot of seat time next year!

I like the MSD wires with the bendable plug ends.

That one must have been wedged up against a header primary!

Anything that touches the headers will never last long though.

I wouldn’t say it was wedged against the header pipe, but definitely touching. I’ve ordered a set of the ACCEL 9000 series ceramic wires. I’ve heard and read good things about those. May have to custom dent a tube or two to make them work, but it is what it is. On the plus side, I’ll have at least a dozen MSD spares in the trailer.

Which primary was it touching? I've noticed, depending on brand, that sometimes they don't leave you much room between the plugs and primaries. It's like they mocked them up and said...F it, you can still see the spark plug, that'll work! 🤣

Which primary was it touching? I've noticed, depending on brand, that sometimes they don't leave you much room between the plugs and primaries. It's like they mocked them up and said...F it, you can still see the spark plug, that'll work! 🤣
Cylinder #5. I pulled all the other plug wires and they’re still looking brand new. Not a scorch mark anywhere.

Back