Square cage...here it is

Correction: SPRUNG weight

Car_diagram.jpg

View attachment 261839

Page 7. ;)

Grades - All Thread Rod

Scroll on down to J429....

Good find, but nobody said they didn't exist. Hell, we used some "all thread" at my last job for some adjustable stabilizer bars on drill rig platforms, but they were turned from 4340.
The other thing about all thread is the manufacturing processes for it is crap. Try turning a nut from one end to the other without it getting hung up. I'm talking about an all-thread with a diameter greater than an inch. Use a nut that isn't the loose sketchy shit that comes with a piece of rod, i.e. something of class 2 thread or better. It will hang up. That's because the thread pitch diameter is nowhere near constant, nor within a decent tolerance range over the entire length.

Or perhaps the quality ones do exist as well, but then it'll no longer be a nice piece of Chinese crap. :D

The idea shows you have too much time on your hands, take up drinking our something, correction, that might have started it! It would have been easier to just build a tube buggy and use the drivetrain out of the cherokee, less cutting, no glass, less fabric to catch on fire, no dead rats or crayons to find under the seats!

Grades - All Thread Rod

Scroll on down to J429....

I said readily available. I knew it existed and you knew it existed, but he'd probably dig some up for free or run to a hardware store or Lowe's, grab some galvanized all thread, and have at it.

I said readily available. I knew it existed and you knew it existed, but he'd probably dig some up for free or run to a hardware store or Lowe's, grab some galvanized all thread, and have at it.
yeah.... and?

I see your point :lol:

The actual very best thing about this thread is that Marty has wheeled more in the last 6 months than all of the "needs more triangles" parrots combined.

But it is more fun to jump on the bandwagon and bash on someone that you have never met.:shaking:

Meh, I don't care what he does as long as it's not going to endanger someone else.

I just wanted to say a couple things.

1st of all, thanks to everyone for buying Ella's girl scout cookies. 7 cases, plus a few odd boxes.. Sold out!!! That was awesome, she was tickled to death!

Second..I met John Fuller. He's a super nice guy. I'm not a fabricator at all. So I would never even attempt to condone or condemn his cage, jeep or whatever, but as a person..He is a stand up guy. I didn't hang out with him much, but just the little while I did, I thought he had a better personality than alot of the folks ,that Ive known for years, that bash him so much. Honestly, I was embarrassed for alot of you Internet bullies. But please don't flame me...he can take it alot better than me..lol

1st of all, thanks to everyone for buying Ella's girl scout cookies. 7 cases, plus a few odd boxes.. Sold out!!! That was awesome, she was tickled to death!

Second..I met John Fuller. He's a super nice guy. I'm not a fabricator at all. So I would never even attempt to condone or condemn his cage, jeep or whatever, but as a person..He is a stand up guy. I didn't hang out with him much, but just the little while I did, I thought he had a better personality than alot of the folks ,that Ive known for years, that bash him so much. Honestly, I was embarrassed for alot of you Internet bullies. But please don't flame me...he can take it alot better than me..lol

I second this. I have met John a few times now, he stopped by camp Saturday morning and hung out for 10-15 mins. He is always super nice guy, willing to help when someone breaks, and from the little time I have spent around him I have nothing but good things to say about John.

Glad Ella sold a bunch of cookies. Nice to meet you and hope the generator was able to help keep y’all warm.

Honestly, I was embarrassed for alot of you Internet bullies.
That's what the hell I been thinking too... To each his own on the interweb tho!!! but if I witnessed someone doing that shit and being rude in public/ on trails well let's just say i may take a ass whooping but shit would be dealt with... :D big bully's! Haha

Pleasure meeting you sir and your lovely daughter. Cookies were yummy!! Till next time, be blessed in all your ways!

I second this. I have met John a few times now, he stopped by camp Saturday morning and hung out for 10-15 mins. He is always super nice guy, willing to help when someone breaks, and from the little time I have spent around him I have nothing but good things to say about John.

Glad Ella sold a bunch of cookies. Nice to meet you and hope the generator was able to help keep y’all warm.

Yes!! Thanks for letting us hook up to the generator! Electric blankets are nice!

No shit.

I’ll be the devils advocate here and continue this hijack.

I have never met JF, but I definitely don’t condone the cage.

JF has a problem understanding written words and obviously gets defensive with the bashing, that I personally have been a part of.

That said, I’m not sorry for anything I have said and will stand behind everything I have posted.

Time for the good.

He actually gets out and wheels, and it appears his wife is very supportive of it. That is flat out awesome and should be appreciated across the board.

If he lived closer to me, I would offer up to get his jeep to my shop, cut out some dead ineffective tubes and add some triangulation, showing and explaining why each change is important. Not doing it for him, but showing and explaining why and how with minimal tools and tube investment.

I don’t know who lives near him, who has the time, patience and materials to facilitate that nearby, and I don’t know if he would be willing.

But that is my challenge to this forum. Who nearby would step up and offer this to help a fellow wheeler?

I probably can dig up some 5 point harnesses to donate to the cause.

It doesn’t have to be dom, could be hrew, sch40 etc. Most of it isn’t bent and something in right size range of 1.5-2.0” OD would be effective. All could be done with a grinder, swazall, and welder.

From the video, I know there are other things that need to be fixed at them moment, but appears Now would be a good time to change the cage some.

I’d also be willing to drive and lend a hand for the process.

I'd bet a nut he would be the most appreciative person you ever met, considering he uses what he has just to get out and do what he loves... @Mac5005 i like how you set the bar! I'm 2 1/2 hours from newton but if a weekend hack and jack goes down I'll make the drive! I met fuller once thought he was nuttier than a squirrel turd for driving a trampoline rollcage Up callalantee, but you can tell he's good people I don't recall if I met ya wife I probably had a good buzz... lol

I’ll be the devils advocate here and continue this hijack.

I have never met JF, but I definitely don’t condone the cage.

JF has a problem understanding written words and obviously gets defensive with the bashing, that I personally have been a part of.

That said, I’m not sorry for anything I have said and will stand behind everything I have posted.

Time for the good.

He actually gets out and wheels, and it appears his wife is very supportive of it. That is flat out awesome and should be appreciated across the board.

If he lived closer to me, I would offer up to get his jeep to my shop, cut out some dead ineffective tubes and add some triangulation, showing and explaining why each change is important. Not doing it for him, but showing and explaining why and how with minimal tools and tube investment.

I don’t know who lives near him, who has the time, patience and materials to facilitate that nearby, and I don’t know if he would be willing.

But that is my challenge to this forum. Who nearby would step up and offer this to help a fellow wheeler?

I probably can dig up some 5 point harnesses to donate to the cause.

It doesn’t have to be dom, could be hrew, sch40 etc. Most of it isn’t bent and something in right size range of 1.5-2.0” OD would be effective. All could be done with a grinder, swazall, and welder.

From the video, I know there are other things that need to be fixed at them moment, but appears Now would be a good time to change the cage some.

I’d also be willing to drive and lend a hand for the process.
Uhhhmm.....I'm at a loss for words?!.(not in bad way)
I kinda feel bad that Jason's thread is about me now again, sorry Jason!

Back