Stock class XJ build.

So glad to hear it turned out well. Strong showing for sure.
I REEEEAALLY wanted to come out and even offer to help pit etc - this was only about 2.5 hours from the house.
Unfortunately a bunch of prior commitments got in the way.

The AOAA park really has a lot of potential, but it's been slow to really get traction among the full-size vehicle crowd. I'm hoping running this event will get the jumpstart it needed. For us it's about the same distance as Rausch.

So - 4th place, with only the one lap? Must have been a lot of failure all around.

So glad to hear it turned out well. Strong showing for sure.
I REEEEAALLY wanted to come out and even offer to help pit etc - this was only about 2.5 hours from the house.
Unfortunately a bunch of prior commitments got in the way.

The AOAA park really has a lot of potential, but it's been slow to really get traction among the full-size vehicle crowd. I'm hoping running this event will get the jumpstart it needed. For us it's about the same distance as Rausch.

So - 4th place, with only the one lap? Must have been a lot of failure all around.
We we're supposed to do 4 laps. One guy did three, two guys did two laps and in did one. The rest did not even complete one.

Tighest trails I have been on in a long time.

We we're supposed to do 4 laps. One guy did three, two guys did two laps and in did one. The rest did not even complete one.

Tighest trails I have been on in a long time.
Are the results posted somewhere> Wo were the top winners?

Were the tire failures bead related or slices or what? When you say toasted front what did you kill there?

Were the tire failures bead related or slices or what? When you say toasted front what did you kill there?
Pretty sure tire issues we're due to me racing up the rocks to aggressive and I should have slowed down. Both have slices in them on sidewall. About 55 miles on each tire :(

The.front I believe is wore control arms,bushing shot, steering loose, unit bearings done, etc. Front will need a lot of work.

Time to upgrade more stuff

And I still need two more tires :)

Going to rebuild entire front axle. Steering etc. Then we will be adding long arms and new suspension parts.
8547636207bb5deb96fd6e7e9ab46563.jpg
b566f94e160b025b0cb463fdb4a37a8d.jpg
28524ab79713ef445d73d6b06059c0d1.jpg

Did get wj knuckles on, unit bearings swapped, rotors and calipers on, and pulled off all skid plates to prep for new cross member from Andy @ironman4x4fab.

Hope to have new steering on later this week as I wait for the rest of the parts to show up.
cfd1f74e88226ad4a895a12f0a66fc4c.jpg
c6012e4452b27ad5f3dc900e6e392d56.jpg

Well we drove 21 hrs to Oklahoma to race in Ultra4 Clash at the cross bar.

We ripped front caliper off during pre- run. Someone found it and returned it to us :)

Got everything back together but front suspension control arm bushing we're shot (wish we had time to install the new long arms sitting in my garage)

I was iron Manning this race as my co driver's brother passed so plan was to do best I could and get points. Well we started last as I did not get a chance to qualify (fixing brakes).

Since I was not doing full race speed Everytime I saw someone broke I stopped and helped them. Gave 4 quarts oil, gallon of antifreeze out, serpentine belt, and couple waters.

As made it around lap one I missed a turn and then started lap two. In lap two I hit a few trees but by driving into the trees it kept me from ending up on my lid. I can fix metal :)

1.8 miles from end of lap track bar bolt went bye bye. So I rigged it up with a screw driver, duct tape and zip ties and it held.

Since we have a 21 hr drive home we headed out. So I don't know where we ended up.

More to come later
d33919fe66c935b1a7eddbc6dd22ce50.jpg
4dd48331716318e505417b3aa208ceb2.jpg
fcca5aa2dcf58785ba27f526b8ff8d41.jpg
5af612faf08dd593774915eec8e89a2f.jpg
dea5c061fc072802e02985ec2f36fbad.jpg

Tack weld the TB bolt next time? Maybe just a spot on the head of the bolt?
Ya I tacked a bunch of other bolts so this one will get it also.

I guess I wasn’t sure with all the rules if that, being a knownweak spot on these platforms, was a no-no. Either way I hope it works out cause this rig is sweet and your ability to go race these courses makes me jealous so I really want to see you bring home a “W”! Safe travels to NC.

Back