Stock class XJ build.

@BRUISER
are you allowed to safety wire the bolts?

@BRUISER
are you allowed to safety wire the bolts?

we are and i thought about that on the way home..

i plan to get XJ into shop this weekend and unpack all the tools etc.. but first i need to clean the shop as it is a disaster as I was packing and loading so quickly before we left..

then I can look at the entire rig and see if there is anything else I need to work on.

my list I know so far is: beefer axles, different steering, better shocks and new rear leafs, new cable shifter.

Yes an XJ can run this. Team Petty from NAXJA has done it a few times I believe. They have been putting a lot into the road race xj lately I think. Hate you did not finish but you made one hell of an effort. Congrats on giving it a go. I'd just like to get out their one year and see the madness.

Yes an XJ can run this. Team Petty from NAXJA has done it a few times I believe. They have been putting a lot into the road race xj lately I think. Hate you did not finish but you made one hell of an effort. Congrats on giving it a go. I'd just like to get out their one year and see the madness.

i could always use more pit guys.. start planning now for next year

i could always use more pit guys.. start planning now for next year
I wish. The way this whole trucking thing is going lately I'm thinking I need to get a new job...... It is definitely on the bucket list to get out there some day.

There are talks with the 4400 guys about bolt failures too. Many of them are going 1" bolts atleast in the suspension because of failures.

As Jeff said, I would look at safety wiring as many bolts as I could.

Do you think flanged driveshafts would help? That way the ujoints are completely captured vs ubolts/straps.

Back at it.

4x4 shifter cable fixed. Front driveshaft back in.

Waiting on parts for rear suspension.

Hope to have it driveable by next weekend.
c2580ee614b59f3e830095927411ecdb.jpg

Currently have 343 points for the season and I am sitting in 23rd place.

If the stars align I plan to race the east coast series.

All of this gives me hope! I flinch in my XJ after I go over a railroad crossing :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently have 343 points for the season and I am sitting in 23rd place.

If the stars align I plan to race the east coast series.
How many races are they and where are they?

The Race XJ will be at the Jim Graham building this Sunday on display if anyone is planning to hit the car show this weekend

Stop by and say hey.

5ca0fc970cfefcc7ac37ce1f3cd44d62.jpg

Found rear leaf spring center pin we're toast. Picked up a new set today at 4 wheel parts.
How does that happen? Were the U-bolts not quite tight enough to keep the springs from wiggling on the perches? Or just the stress pulling the nut off of them?
I once had a set of shims that slowly flattened out and allowed them to move around, it buggered up the pins in the process. Learned my lesson about AL shims on that one.

How does that happen? Were the U-bolts not quite tight enough to keep the springs from wiggling on the perches? Or just the stress pulling the nut off of them?
I once had a set of shims that slowly flattened out and allowed them to move around, it buggered up the pins in the process. Learned my lesson about AL shims on that one.
Well what I found was the incorrect u bolts were used by the previous owner and I never thought to check them. He had 3" axle ubolt and the axle is 2.75"

I think that gap allowed movement which lead to then loosing up

Jeep is setup for show tomorrow in Jim Graham building.

6a1c60db854220625b1fee29b238b548.jpg
b957beb3772d75ed2eb56b3ae1922256.jpg

Jeep is setup for show tomorrow in Jim Graham building.

What was it? Based on the 9am-noon schedule, it sounded like a cars and coffee type thing.

What was it? Based on the 9am-noon schedule, it sounded like a cars and coffee type thing.
It was an indoor car show. 1990 and newer rides.

Lots of lifted trucks and lowered cars.

4wheel part had a booth and so did Super Trucks and a few others.

This was there third show. They do it Sunday after the antique car show.

Rugged radio for the win. My radio crapped out when I was at Koh and they sent me a new one, no questions asked. Great service

9ac110ab8685b0191135c64c48e05e9e.jpg

It was a great weekend for iMPAKS RACING. We ended with 4th Place in 4600 class - Ken Carter. Huge shoutout to AOAA and Ultra 4 for the great weekend. Thanks to Lonerider, Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area, Ultra4 Racing, Doug Johnson, Jessica Bossiere. Time to do some work and fix the broke stuff. But we are home and Jeep has been washed.

Rough but fun day of racing. we were flying threw the woods and catching and passing people when we lost a front tire. Had to change that and then a few miles later we lost rear tire. So we had to limp back to main pit. By the time we got back the front suspension was shot so we had to call it a day after only finishing one lap. Lots fun and a great time. Time to upgrade a few things and get ready for July race.
446c1a2aedae54bde4d37d83161b105b.jpg
acb2088b9b77580018b17791f6e59d7e.jpg
cde35a1ebd969629d5b789031fbed75a.jpg
d8d2b41667ff5aa478ca5144d1d1f62c.jpg
542957313500c6321df1188473ebccd3.jpg
fcc1d04c6eca9a80830d332a4b183d33.jpg

Back