Tacoma SAS in progress

springs

looking good so did u use those springs I sold u? not bad for snow plow jeep springs.....id take three leafs out and call it good

yep. those are the springs i used. i haven't really figured out the combo i'm gonna go with yet for sure.

Those springs will sag. I would leave it alone and try to flex the springs as much as possible to wear them a bit. Looks good I have a 97 4Runner SAS with 38.5 XMLS with coilovers lot of grinding and cutting but it was worth it. Let me know if you have any questions on plumbing the ifs box cause you can get the parts locally.

yeah, actually i do. you got any pics of how yours is done? i've got a general idea of how to do it, but not 100% sure. i'm starting on the steering shaft today and getting the box mounted. i'd like to have it plumbed by tomorrow.

This is off the top of my head

For low pressure fitting I went with soft fuel hose routed to a cooler behind the grill. The pressure line is more complicated.

-6ft teflon TFE hose
-90* fitting -6 AN to TFE hose
-45* fitting -6 AN to TFE hose
-16mm to -6 AN adapter (male to male)
-16mm to -6 AN adapter (male to male)

You could get hoses made at a local hydrolic shop and then get the adaptors but I went with the race hose and 6ft of it to go around my engine cage. I need to check those adaptors especially the box side but I pretty much sure it 16mm.

My steering shaft is way overbuilt with 5 universals and 1 heim joint (needed it to go around the cage).
Remember to make a firewall plate cause it get extreemly hot and mud/water goes into the cab.

What axle shafts are you going to run? I have a dana44 under my runner, running 36's and have broke 2 diffrent stub shafts and 1 inner all were cromo, not sure what brand, I put yukon's in with super joints, I know thery are not the strongest brand but I was in a hurry, so far so good but I have not really got to give them a true test yet like I want. I hear superior shafts are the way to go if you can find them. Just something to think about while you are tore down. :beer:

thanks Hyperlite. really good info. i think i can make that work for sure.

for the time being, i'm just running stock shafts to get it going. eventually, i'll change them out and lock the front.

how much did all the parts for the lines cost?

got a little bit more done today. got the steering shaft pretty much done and the steering box mocked up and drilled. i'll have pics of the steering up tomorrow when it's all in place.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS26.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS23.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS25.jpg

Got the steering box mounted and bolted up and the steering shaft frankensteined from the top half of the taco shaft and the bottom half from an early model Yota. Turned out pretty good.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS27.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS28.jpg

Looks good man, can't wait to see it finished and see it wheel some. I'm not far from ya, I'm in Enochville and anytime you want to go wheeling let me know. If you need a place to try it out, hit me up I have some places here at home you can test it. Let me know!:driver:

cool man. sounds good. i don't have too much more to go. it should be done as soon as i get the rest of my parts. you bought jonny b's old truck didn't you? yeah, you're not far from me at all. i live just on the other side of e-ville on tuckaseegee rd.

Yeah, that's his old truck. He had sold it to another guy that works with us, and he changed some stuff on it. He wheeled it for a while and tried to sell it with no luck. He had tore the drag link off and busted the birfield on the drivers side. I did some trading with him and ended up with it. Got it going 2 weeks ago. So it's ready to go. I had talked to mosh5186 and realized he's close too. PM me sometime I'd like to see your truck sometime and meet ya.

yeah, mosh5186 (wayne) is right up the road from me. he's been out to the shop a couple times while i was working on the truck. we got a couple things we're gonna do on his truck this week too i think. i'll be out there tomorrow after work messing with it. i'll PM you my number if you wanna ride out there tomorrow or something.

Got the new oil pan, power steering lines, and brake lines put on today and got the measurements for my tie rod and drag link.

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS29.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS30.jpg

ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_SAS31.jpg

Got the steering box mounted and bolted up and the steering shaft frankensteined from the top half of the taco shaft and the bottom half from an early model Yota. Turned out pretty good.

Not sure how you did yours exactly but when I did mine w/ the 3" bl i took an IFS shaft, knocked the dowel pins out and I think shortened it 1 hole, maybe it was lengthed. Either way I moved it 1 hole and had to drill a new one. Reinserted the pins and flattened the ends so they wouldn't come out then pressed the rag joint universals out in my vice and mated the steering wheel end of the tacoma piece to the IFS shaft and then used the ragjoint ends from the tacoma steering rack on the IFS box b/c they were an exact fit as to what came off of it originally

Just throwing this one in there for the heck of it. The other toy and DD while the Taco is down.
ai123.photobucket.com_albums_o307_SSIROK99_shovelhead75.jpg

Thanks man. I'm hoping to have it all buttoned up and on the road next weekend. Just waiting on the tie rod and drag link and still gotta bleed the brakes and do a once over on the the bolts.

Back