"Take 92" - YJ Linked with Nines

Took it to the state fair. Everyone loved the new look

IMG_20221023_192524_399.jpg

Had some people ask about YJ to CJ swap.. IT IS NOT just a bolt on mod.

Hood is shorter, grill does not mount in stock frame hole, yj radiator will fit if you cut up the cj grill some so it can slide in, and once you do that the CJ headlight buckets dont fit due to yj radiator being wider. I also had to cut yj fenders and take 1.5" of of them for them to fit to grill and look correctly. SO no this is not a 20 min job.

but when done it does look cool

Hood is shorter, grill does not mount in stock frame hole, yj radiator will fit if you cut up the cj grill some so it can slide in, and once you do that the CJ headlight buckets dont fit due to yj radiator being wider. I also had to cut yj fenders and take 1.5" of of them for them to fit to grill and look correctly. SO no this is not a 20 min job.

Any thoughts on the difficulty of a real sheet metal gladiator swap? It is on my bucket list for my YJ.

what headlights did you use? Do they mount in the factory buckets, or just off some tabs?
amazon LED 9"

I cut the bracket they came with and welded each side to the stock opening so they can mount and adjust up and down if needed

Any thoughts on the difficulty of a real sheet metal gladiator swap? It is on my bucket list for my YJ.
anything is possible with a welder and time.. but measure hood length and see how grill mounts. once you have those numbers the rest can be figured out

Just a few notes if anyone is looking into this swap. Cj fenders work to get everything to line up easily if the value of time > money. I had to make a custom rad mount from angle iron since the power steering lines intercept a cj radiator so you can’t just use a cj rad (I wasted $200 on this oversight). Yj/tj have a narrower rad core and a cut on the corner but the overall package is wider. You will also need an electric fan as the hood is too short if you run a 4.0, I’ve seen people get away with mech fan on v8 swaps though. shortening the upper grill supports is also needed i sleeved mine with tubing after cutting 1.5” out.

Yours looks really good with the led swap by the way!

Well another update:

My Son wanted to go wheeling for his bday.

took him to URE so he could drive. Well as stuff happens we were 10 mins into wheeling and broke the rear driveshaft. so we put it in 4wheel drive and he wheeling in front wheel drive for the next 4 hrs. once we swapped back for me to drive on the road I broke the front driveshaft. (oops)

but it was fun and he had a blast.
20221211_111326.jpg

20221211_115821.jpg

lastly if you have motortrend or primeTV

you can watch the episode I was on with Ian

Screenshot_20221211_174043_MotorTrend+~2.jpg

Tried to rebuild broken rear shaft with no luck so had OLIVER'S make me a new shaft

20230118_180144.jpg

Had a great time at harlan with friends jeep worked great.

We did about 35 miles. Leaned jeep into a tree and messed up cj hood :(

I was able to drive little jagger. Which I have never done before.

Lions den

Little jagger

Took the jeep to windrock and again I ended up on the lid

I think I may need some driving lessons:)

20230714_141351.jpg

You got incredibly lucky you didnt wreck into next week. That is the most sketchy spot on the whole mtn in my opinion.
We also did Walden ridge and that was a little sketchy also :)

Back