The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

@doc and his wife suggested that we should wear little name stickers with our usernames at the next event. As silly as that sounds I cant help but agree. It would break any awkward tension cause we are all online friends that we just may not recognize in real life. Say that's stupid all you want but I'd have to disagree with you
@UTfball68 had a shirt with a ‘my name is’ printed on it and he wrote his screen name is with a sharpie. I thought that was cool. Maybe incorporate it into next year’s t-shirt design?

@willness33 You were the first person I met when I showed up Sat afternoon. So, you broke the ice:beer: I don't think I ever got back up with you after checking out my Jeep on the trailer. Hate I didn't get to chat with you more. I think @Southern_Transplant was really one of the only other ones I spent any, at length, conversations with. Was a really good time though and hope to see everyone again.
Edit....
Actually, forgot about @skyhighZJ , damn, i should have never called out names, HA!

Last edited:
Made it all the way home to morganton about to eat lunch and shower only to get a call from 1stgenJeffrey that the slow ass dale bus lost oil pressure in Taylorsville. RIPView attachment 357641

1632161674709.png

Made it all the way home to morganton about to eat lunch and shower only to get a call from 1stgenJeffrey that the slow ass dale bus lost oil pressure in Taylorsville. RIPView attachment 357641
You know you have interesting friends when they bring their flatbed 18 wheeler to pick up your broke Dalebus.

FYI, I’m all for posting the drag racing videos. It was safe and everyone had seat belts on.

Did anyone get video of the race that killed @Curtis_H transmission?

It was safe
:lol: I think this is a bit of an overstatement. Fortunately no humans, dogs, or vehicles strolled out from amongst the camping collective while rigs were going by at 50+mph, and everyone managed to stay in control of their vehicles. There was space, and I wouldn't call it "dangerous", but it was far from "safe".

Last edited:
I think this is a bit of an overstatement. Fortunately no humans, dogs, or vehicles strolled out from amongst the camping collective while rigs were going by at 50+mph. There was space, and I wouldn't call it "dangerous", but it was far from "safe".

Sheesh...with that attitude imma make sure someone breaks your jeep for next year. :flipoff2:

Sheesh...with that attitude imma make sure someone breaks your jeep for next year. :flipoff2:
I hear ya, and I'm not trying to be the fun police by any means, I just was a bit amused by the usage of the word "safe" to describe it. Heck, there may even have been a mythical yellow TJ in one of those races also. ;)

I think it's more of a different perception of the venue owner. We are all around the more extreme side of this sport and to most people we be crazy.... However I don't know where you could camp anywhere around there and those shenanigans happen. I get people are scared of my 3 wheeler but it's not that bad if you learn to drive it. On a side note. As a fundraiser and a NC4x4 get together I think URE is the best place in NC to meet and greet and get some wheel time. To me this event is more about putting faces to screen names and raising some dough for a good cause. I'm a firm believer that it needs to be at URE and @77GreenMachine needs to do some kind of event at the ranch. Maybe look into a grudge race of sorts since it's been mentioned they have a track.

@willness33 You were the first person I met when I showed up Sat afternoon. So, you broke the ice:beer: I don't think I ever got back up with you after checking out my Jeep on the trailer. Hate I didn't get to chat with you more. I think @Southern_Transplant was really one of the only other ones I spent any, at length, conversations with. Was a really good time though and hope to see everyone again.
Edit....
Actually, forgot about @skyhighZJ , damn, i should have never called out names, HA!
We left early or we would have hung out more. Only reason we bounced was we have a lot of animals to look after. We will catch up at another event. I'm digging the yj-ish CJ-ish rig. Looks like it would work pretty well even though your conflicted on sua soa lol. Flex in front, stable in back. I dug it.

I think it's more of a different perception of the venue owner. We are all around the more extreme side of this sport and to most people we be crazy.... However I don't know where you could camp anywhere around there and those shenanigans happen. I get people are scared of my 3 wheeler but it's not that bad if you learn to drive it. On a side note. As a fundraiser and a NC4x4 get together I think URE is the best place in NC to meet and greet and get some wheel time. To me this event is more about putting faces to screen names and raising some dough for a good cause. I'm a firm believer that it needs to be at URE and @77GreenMachine needs to do some kind of event at the ranch. Maybe look into a grudge race of sorts since it's been mentioned they have a track.
I dont think it was your 3wheeler that was the problem.

Back