The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

What about one of the sc parks? Later in the year that is
I only know of two in SC. Broken Nut, and Gulches. Broken Nut has zero facilities. Gulches doesn't either. In all honesty Most would be bored with Broken Nut I think.

I only know of two in SC. Broken Nut, and Gulches. Broken Nut has zero facilities. Gulches doesn't either. In all honesty Most would be bored with Broken Nut I think.
The cabin down the road at gulches has a big field if the land owner is open to it.

What about the old UORTC property across from the outpost? Plenty of space, but no clue on if we could go there and not get in trouble, even if we kept things “mild”

As far as SC..I got nothing worth wheeling but I got a huge field to hang out in and get stupid ….

Great event and great time was had by me and mine!! Love the hoodies and T-shirts, thanks @GotWood We piled into the ironman4x4fab group. We had a blast, kiddo has an old TJ we are in the process of rebuilding and this bolstered her want to!! I would also like to again thank @Lurch830 for giving her the Thirty One stuff from the raffle, that made her whole weekend!!

mGIv5rejqMW0HIpB0F0SYpQ2id-cNv4fQLIW4VfwbRSWQoiHh9Ri8DpVdDomZiX7KRQRsYbpGL6om3dvtjTH-8uDwMyVUK2r1nmiMNedHmKUf8OXohl6SvA8kR6hE2WcxGBqgcoUdftBb-W4MW_CYBhvTFhHjd9bVC07mY1nQ0RUNVa7BDvtbg-x8rYBg9XKB-zvVdkyPDLEBL5_hPkycfl3QWCSK4AFgV5e-ABUyKL2bmhwiEemmslBvoVUxBbF05SlGiUSfCGjmgwJ0t6c2jv00AR-BkRYS2Xa2nrHCLojiluydWUjvvkRYLdi1JWhMNRke9raop87SZoK5kGrP2Xi7oX4-oR_ReGhPh79QG6t0K2Ws3rOCFRN-qVIxhRlLatGcVbO0aokDP5CM8GGzyGvMJ7C-hdWoG7Q3yOhRT50ItgYTpSADgK3VXikJKKGKtsTF1kjr9cL6NIcC4kcWbiCjC4rCy-AbcE9T2m5IxJ_8w3Y3l-QYLWTJbkoFt4y93eA37OemS6YD_-UWzqg5IyMMVvKkpvGIamMdZ42Rn76ekYVYWPl6JgtfZV52a5vO4GzYwFsSd5O71TJBRd4Yx923Uz9IcJ20CdaTRIZKi2KxlCX2TynG8I9vtxER9xKimeONarDsM1jTz5U2-kruoJiletferU82gRg8aU6xsdJ67GeuyFYr9FPIpHozaY_QgmlR-Hxuak7-VDWJOSsJrwd=w1454-h1938-no

TkynSGI_kic4dLzb9l21z-zagh43vCt1bhvsIzAJFtLkk3H3pDQuiV94_ogI5s-YDb53I1rVQNwY3O0CvrHeev7Q7k8yqip_2CEaEyaUVkaYjP6rGTa140at18MXs-rV0WNApHIDrZ4MgbqwuWf35Q7paSJ-dW3yfShroyeX3C8wGvXazVpJ0ZgspOuDJQw-EK1WMH2R5f5NxNzSi1rdAbAh0En-eCEL-vuBUEXm_wAx9Houm0x8eWMK-JjW0A5m3ZqQd41jfAxu6GNGV5wpLm_rPuRo9LS5Ab4YWcm_7h8wgkoZxgBuMCUW_EKzyTRrsmHABYNZQwVtggcFHxljMK7GDqKhxuUb00SQZDZT8Wt4A9GGUa78qI22cd23rQbj1aXcVh_nWdb49985lcl595oc7oBEnZh0yo5uzX92LHlRExs-Us9IQf_m143CS7nCqmKKf5YIWyyriLShTVeTFhZ5VEa6y3Tg-Sbkn0rzUznOaxAgO5KkvGDtozgvmcrgujBsnttjaGtIHqw0h3S2vVCZBebkkox4FM_kJPaFj0yH0lR48AAxI4fpBObuT8Kkut9QbiUbjiBTC5ChWN7SK4j2gF2kR4nP3PnmiNjbEPCcJTAfPU17VX7zdkwDs6wt9l__aPFMA-98TXa9XdRQvQHJSX1cOsnNYV3Zr5l_z6KjJGIDnsfvSEBeYWhNP9oZ79X_CSRPnferdJdwQ-uOSfQW=w1454-h1938-no

What about the old UORTC property across from the outpost? Plenty of space, but no clue on if we could go there and not get in trouble, even if we kept things “mild”

That land is owned by the same person as Riverbend lol.

I know the damage is done, but you don't think there is any chance we could sweet talk the owners, saying we won't do it again? I was there both nights and I didn't think it was bad, but I understand if your idea of fun is riding a horse .5 miles an hour we probably do seem like hooligans. I also don't think we have a problem following their rules and we can police our own next year.

You telling me you don't like the state of the art facilities at the Gulches? lol
With the new owners it's changed a lot. I was told they had plans to expand. I hope so. I for one plan on going as often as I can to help support them.

I for one plan on going as often as I can to help support them.

I want to be clear that I enjoyed the park and had an awesome time there. I plan on going back frequently and supporting the new owners also. They are great people and the last time we were there we camped with just them and had a blast! I was pleasantly surprised to see several camping spots with power and water hookups. That's new and shows they have plans.

But the bathroom in the old house is kinda sketchy. A guy of my stature (read; fat man) gets a little nervous when I look down at the toilet I'm using and see it held to the floor with a 2x4....

I want to be clear that I enjoyed the park and had an awesome time there. I plan on going back frequently and supporting the new owners also. They are great people and the last time we were there we camped with just them and had a blast! I was pleasantly surprised to see several camping spots with power and water hookups. That's new and shows they have plans.

But the bathroom in the old house is kinda sketchy. A guy of my stature (read; fat man) gets a little nervous when I look down at the toilet I'm using and see it held to the floor with a 2x4....
And that is why I don't camp there. That and its less then a 2 hour drive. If anyone here goes to Gulches let me know in advance and I'll gladly meet you there. Also to keep this on topic IDK where yall would drag race down there. I'd say 3 d but @77GreenMachine couldn't get up it.....

My family had a blast & look forward to next year...hoping it returns to URE.

I hate I didn’t get to speak with you, I waved, but we never did link up.

And that is why I don't camp there. That and its less then a 2 hour drive. If anyone here goes to Gulches let me know in advance and I'll gladly meet you there. Also to keep this on topic IDK where yall would drag race down there. I'd say 3 d but @77GreenMachine couldn't get up it.....

Least I tried. I didn’t see your pile over there :shaking:

I have requested October 8th of next year for the property, and went ahead and said there would be no drag racing and no 3 wheerlers/ATVs.

I know that sucks, but felt like the best way to possibly get the property again next year and keep folks happy.

Nothing has been said about mini bikes though….;)

I have requested October 8th of next year for the property, and went ahead and said there would be no drag racing and no 3 wheerlers/ATVs.

I know that sucks, but felt like the best way to possibly get the property again next year and keep folks happy.

Nothing has been said about mini bikes though….;)
I think this is a smart move. It's easier to back out than to try and shoehorn in at the last minute.

For the record, I’m not upset with a single person. Keith personally called me to apologize, which wasn’t needed. No one done anything wrong, just people being people and teens being teens. No harm no foul.

I 100% agree that nothing seemed “out of hand” but perception is everything. I think the worst thing that happened was the the near midnight races which I am directly responsible for and take full blame. I didn’t realize it was so late and should have checked and known better.

As for next year, it seems 50/50 for Ranch vs Uwharrie. I’m undecided on how to proceed. I know I could put together an event like no other at The Ranch. One that could handle as “rowdy” as we got this weekend, but also offer a lot for family. I think the answer will be determined by if I’m allowed to book the property again next year. Which I’ll be discussing tomorrow.

Again in MY opinion it was all fine and a great event. But perception of the land owner is different. We are for the most part the “big tire crowd” and that comes with a stigma that I don’t always agree with.

Keith by all means invite them again but discuss boundaries as Buddy said. If anything, use it as a tool to tell that kid if he wants to have toys like that be able to do stuff like that, stay in school, work hard, make good choices and make having rigs like that his goal. Then he will be too broke for bad decisions.

Would it be possible to get the Offroad training center across the road? Is that still open? I believe that Chris might own that now too? If so, maybe it doesnt matter.

edit: I see you answered above. I think he also has Big Creek too, and I believe there is a house near the trails, but would it be an option?

I wonder if his perception would be different at the training center vs riverbend?

Last edited:
I haven't made it to either of the past two events. Hopefully I will have my Jeep done and make it next year. I am glad you are going to try and hold it at Uwharrie again, and I like the early Oct timing.

I've been meaning to ask...did anyone else's kid come back with some warthog story, or is mine just gullible? She told me someone told her there were warthogs in the woods, I assumed she meant hogs, and if so sounded plausible enough to me. But I was just curious if anyone knew the origin to the story...ie a scare tactic to keep the kids out of the woods, or were hogs legitimately spotted?

Back