The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

Hey but least you got to drive my junk that night lol

Before this turns into some inuendo, I'd like to clarify the junk I drove was your jeep :flipoff2:. And thank you BTW for that, it was definitely an experience.

Duane

I think it's more of a different perception of the venue owner. We are all around the more extreme side of this sport and to most people we be crazy.... However I don't know where you could camp anywhere around there and those shenanigans happen. I get people are scared of my 3 wheeler but it's not that bad if you learn to drive it. On a side note. As a fundraiser and a NC4x4 get together I think URE is the best place in NC to meet and greet and get some wheel time. To me this event is more about putting faces to screen names and raising some dough for a good cause. I'm a firm believer that it needs to be at URE and @77GreenMachine needs to do some kind of event at the ranch. Maybe look into a grudge race of sorts since it's been mentioned they have a track.
I agree Glen. I've been on tons with V8 horsepower for 15 years now.
Seen a LOT of dumb shit happen.
IMHO, Saturday night at the deal was as calm as it gets. Kids playing, like minded adults having fun and even my dogs had a blast!
Cooking on the grill and drinking the finest beer is my thing ya know...

'I" didn't witness anything inappropriate at this event.
And my friend Joel's wife was breast feeding their newborn son right beside me.

So if you were offended by our shenanigans, Fuck Off.
Take up stamp collecting as your new hobby.

My name is Paul, and i don't give a shit what you think about me.

Wasn't the dude that brought the Yamaha that was the problem either just that he was too nice.

I feel terrible that everyone got annoyed. The Yamaha owner was a friend I invited and I had no idea it would get ridden that much. I should have stepped in earlier as my friend was a little past making good judgements that evening if you catch my drift. No idea who the kid was. Neither of them will be back next year. Sorry to anyone who got annoyed Saturday night!

I feel terrible that everyone got annoyed. The Yamaha owner was a friend I invited and I had no idea it would get ridden that much. I should have stepped in earlier as my friend was a little past making good judgements that evening if you catch my drift. No idea who the kid was. Neither of them will be back next year. Sorry to anyone who got annoyed Saturday night!

Hey no worries. I really like your buddy, he was great. His only fault was his inability to say no. The kid riding it alllll day longgggg was bugging me about wanting to drive my Jeep, go for a ride in my Jeep, drive someone’s buggy, ride in something. He was lacking being able to comprehend when he was being a bit annoying, or rude. I was extremely busy but did make time to take him for a ride. But then he wanted more. Then his dad wanted to drive it and I declined. But then he continued to beg me to drive it.

But again, your buddy (Kyle?) was awesome. I enjoyed his company for sure.

Hey no worries. I really like your buddy, he was great. His only fault was his inability to say no. The kid riding it alllll day longgggg was bugging me about wanting to drive my Jeep, go for a ride in my Jeep, drive someone’s buggy, ride in something. He was lacking being able to comprehend when he was being a bit annoying, or rude. I was extremely busy but did make time to take him for a ride. But then he wanted more. Then his dad wanted to drive it and I declined. But then he continued to beg me to drive it.

Agree on all counts. BTW here's a pic I grabbed of Kyle's truck doing some rockcrawlin'. To whom it may concern, he made it up the hillclimb on Dutch John on open diffs in a nearly stock truck.
1632248486576.png

Kyle is a solid guy, he also can’t say no when he is having a good time. The kid and his dad (still no idea what their names were) walked up to me first with no introduction and asked to ride my bike and I think the dad asked to drive my Jeep. They did this to Justin too, and I think @braxton357 got pestered about driving his Ranger too. I’m sure more had this happen to them that I didn’t notice. We finally had an intervention at about 11pm with the kid and told him he was done and he pouted the rest of the night that someone made him stop. His dad was a little salty about it too. I walked away at that point until they went to sleep. I’m sure they will not come back next year. 99% sure they aren’t members on here, just friends of someone (Keith, I think) who came and ended up latching onto a group for the day.

Kyle is a solid guy, he also can’t say no when he is having a good time. The kid and his dad (still no idea what their names were) walked up to me first with no introduction and asked to ride my bike and I think the dad asked to drive my Jeep. They did this to Justin too, and I think @braxton357 got pestered about driving his Ranger too. I’m sure more had this happen to them that I didn’t notice. We finally had an intervention at about 11pm with the kid and told him he was done and he pouted the rest of the night that someone made him stop. His dad was a little salty about it too. I walked away at that point until they went to sleep. I’m sure they will not come back next year. 99% sure they aren’t members on here, just friends of someone (Keith, I think) who came and ended up latching onto a group for the day.
Nailed it.

I feel as if this was all my fault since I did invite them out. Jj is a child hood friend from scouts. That I hadn't seen in close to 6 years. If you talked to him he probably shared how with being 25 years old how he is a dad of a 14 year old. He is trying really hard but struggling with only knowing the kid for 3 years. He had been wanting to get into offroading for awhile I figured that this event would be a great place for him to see all of the different styles of rigs. And see how this sport can include entire families. I did asked Joe to take his son for a ride Friday night since he did seem to be interested in the event but extremely bored. I did tell him don't ask for a rides with out asking me prior to asking. This way I could read the room since I know most of yall to make sure it wasn't an hindrance. I had no idea they were asking to drive peoples rigs and for rides. If I would have known I would have put a stop to it. For the three wheeler I did tell jj that we were told they were for point a to b not for joy riding around and to ask his son to take break. He took the hint but 5 minutes later his son was back to ripping. Im not planning on inviting him on another trip with out having a serious talk with him.

I didn't get to witness a lot of what happened that was considered "sour". I know Friday night was a party. I was right there in the middle of it. Nothing about it was out of hand IMO. I've attended countless parties in the past that turned into a straight up shitshow (and have a record to prove it), but that event was about as civil as it could get when you put together a bunch of wheelers in one area. I'm reading bits and pieces of what happened and perhaps the Garage is better for discussion? Not judging, just curious. No matter what, I'd ride and party with y'all any day! I've done it before and looking forward to the next. @Paul said it perfectly too.

I feel as if this was all my fault since I did invite them out. Jj is a child hood friend from scouts. That I hadn't seen in close to 6 years. If you talked to him he probably shared how with being 25 years old how he is a dad of a 14 year old. He is trying really hard but struggling with only knowing the kid for 3 years. He had been wanting to get into offroading for awhile I figured that this event would be a great place for him to see all of the different styles of rigs. And see how this sport can include entire families. I did asked Joe to take his son for a ride Friday night since he did seem to be interested in the event but extremely bored. I did tell him don't ask for a rides with out asking me prior to asking. This way I could read the room since I know most of yall to make sure it wasn't an hindrance. I had no idea they were asking to drive peoples rigs and for rides. If I would have known I would have put a stop to it. For the three wheeler I did tell jj that we were told they were for point a to b not for joy riding around and to ask his son to take break. He took the hint but 5 minutes later his son was back to ripping. Im not planning on inviting him on another trip with out having a serious talk with him.

Don’t blame yourself at all, I think it was a great thing to invite them. They seemed perfectly nice, I was just a little taken aback by how forward his son was about wanting to drive just about anything he could get his hands on without knowing anybody, plus disregarding when others asked him politely to stop.

I have no problems if they come again and am sure Phil and the others won’t either, just have to make sure they understand the boundaries next time :rockon:

For the record, I’m not upset with a single person. Keith personally called me to apologize, which wasn’t needed. No one done anything wrong, just people being people and teens being teens. No harm no foul.

I 100% agree that nothing seemed “out of hand” but perception is everything. I think the worst thing that happened was the the near midnight races which I am directly responsible for and take full blame. I didn’t realize it was so late and should have checked and known better.

As for next year, it seems 50/50 for Ranch vs Uwharrie. I’m undecided on how to proceed. I know I could put together an event like no other at The Ranch. One that could handle as “rowdy” as we got this weekend, but also offer a lot for family. I think the answer will be determined by if I’m allowed to book the property again next year. Which I’ll be discussing tomorrow.

Again in MY opinion it was all fine and a great event. But perception of the land owner is different. We are for the most part the “big tire crowd” and that comes with a stigma that I don’t always agree with.

Keith by all means invite them again but discuss boundaries as Buddy said. If anything, use it as a tool to tell that kid if he wants to have toys like that be able to do stuff like that, stay in school, work hard, make good choices and make having rigs like that his goal. Then he will be too broke for bad decisions.

Wait so duder knocked up a chick at the wise old age of 11?

Wait so duder knocked up a chick at the wise old age of 11?
That's all you got out of all that?!?

,🤣

Hell that's all I want answered as well

Don’t blame yourself at all, I think it was a great thing to invite them. They seemed perfectly nice, I was just a little taken aback by how forward his son was about wanting to drive just about anything he could get his hands on without knowing anybody, plus disregarding when others asked him politely to stop.

I have no problems if they come again and am sure Phil and the others won’t either, just have to make sure they understand the boundaries next time :rockon:
And see this is why you're up there in the top folks I've met because of NC4x4. You're just dang good peoples 🤘🏼

Not much of a chance of me making something outside of Uwharrie until my kids are out of rec sports and in high school. I'm always gonna have games on Saturday's and have to run out after for the next 4 years. It doesn't help that I coach the teams they play on. Hard for me to get away.

Toyota FTW, whens the solid axle swap?

There have been talks about him purchasing a Comanche from @tobaccoroad4wd since Toyotas just aren’t worth putting the money into :flipoff2:

But honestly his truck is too nice to sas or even wheel. I felt bad taking it on Dutch John in the first place. It got some good pinstripes in what was pristine paint before the weekend. It’s unrelated, but the tundra replaced his TJ that got totaled in a nasty roll. A few of y’all I think heard the story at the event. Found a picture finally:

0B536764-93E4-470E-B15A-50B06F95BE91.jpeg

Last edited:
Not much of a chance of me making something outside of Uwharrie until my kids are out of rec sports and in high school. I'm always gonna have games on Saturday's and have to run out after for the next 4 years. It doesn't help that I coach the teams they play on. Hard for me to get away.
This is what I was thinking. I remember when my twins were small I only made one out of town big trip a year. I think an event would be great at the Ranch. I just really believe in this event being more successful in the future if kept at URE.

Back