The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

I have requested October 8th of next year for the property, and went ahead and said there would be no drag racing and no 3 wheerlers/ATVs.

I know that sucks, but felt like the best way to possibly get the property again next year and keep folks happy.

Nothing has been said about mini bikes though….;)
I believe that is CTB's Fun Caravan weekend.

I've been meaning to ask...did anyone else's kid come back with some warthog story, or is mine just gullible? She told me someone told her there were warthogs in the woods, I assumed she meant hogs, and if so sounded plausible enough to me. But I was just curious if anyone knew the origin to the story...ie a scare tactic to keep the kids out of the woods, or were hogs legitimately spotted?

Didn’t hear any warthog stories. But I know for a fact there was a warlock camped out beside the pavilion. @XJsavage

Didn’t hear any warthog stories. But I know for a fact there was a warlock camped out beside the pavilion. @XJsavage

Ha...JR trying to keep the kids away from his camp, I take it. Warthog...warlock...sounds similar...I think it tracks.

As far as SC..I got nothing worth wheeling but I got a huge field to hang out in and get stupid ….
...that I have yet seen, and let's change this. :beer:

*Awkward improv opportunity taken*

Ah, that crazy looking character running around shirtless? I recall.

The one starring Kurt Cobain?
Sean Penn 80S GIF

...that I have yet seen, and let's change this. :beer:

*Awkward improv opportunity taken*
anytime sir.
I know you like artifact hunting there is a slave school on the property line and a house built in the 1910s.... there is an old trash dicth with some cool ass old glass that Ive yet to fully scavenger...

And creek beds and spillways for arrow head searching..

anytime sir.
I know you like artifact hunting there is a slave school on the property line and a house built in the 1910s.... there is an old trash dicth with some cool ass old glass that Ive yet to fully scavenger...

This sounds interesting... I love old buildings.

anytime sir.

Be on the lookout for anything from the Shivar Springs bottling plant in Shelton SC. Those are $20 bottles and between 80-120 years old. Also look for SC dispensary. Those are 1893-1907 and worth ridiculous $$ if still whole. I bet you a case of Natty they're there.

The old house was lived in until the late 80s according to most of the newspapers still laying inside
Most of the glass I’ve seen is much newer but I’ve pulled one or two older ones.

I need to get a weekend to just scavenge but I always find something else to occupy my time

The old house was lived in until the late 80s according to most of the newspapers still laying inside
Most of the glass I’ve seen is much newer but I’ve pulled one or two older ones.

I need to get a weekend to just scavenge but I always find something else to occupy my time
My stepdads house is located on Kirkwood circle in Historic Camden, built in 1940, but is at the base of the ruins of Kirkwood Hotel circa ~1880ish. I've done digs in his backyard before, which happens to be the "dumpsite". I've found SC dispensary stuff there. There's several reasons mom and stepdad don't worry about money anymore.

This sounds interesting... I love old buildings.
Well you are welcome as well the slave school isn’t on my property but the dude who owns it does not care and we are tight

Last edited:
I haven't made it to either of the past two events. Hopefully I will have my Jeep done and make it next year. I am glad you are going to try and hold it at Uwharrie again, and I like the early Oct timing.
I second this and also, I am that guy too!

But I'll leave the jeep part out. No sense in being unrealistic..lol.

Back