The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

I have not decided if I’m bringing my Jeep or not. If I do I would probably just hit Daniel and come back to camp. I very much enjoy just relaxing at camp for the whole weekend, so that is my goal.

Some have said they would like to see my Jeep so I may bring it idk.

I meant to mention this earlier, but got sidetracked..

But, if multiple people are going to be there with their rigs, it might be a good place/opportunity to get a group shock tuning session together, if that could be arranged.

Not sure who would lead it? Maybe not enough time or interest, but could be an idea for next yr.

Some have said they would like to see my Jeep so I may bring it idk.

Don't do it...I'm sure it's a revenge plot for any rig you've ever flopped that wasn't yours. You're gonna have a whole buncha dudes staring at your jeep the same way 5 dudes in white tshirts, standing behind a couch, stare at a naive and innocent fresh off the farm delicate school girl.

I meant to mention this earlier, but got sidetracked..

But, if multiple people are going to be there with their rigs, it might be a good place/opportunity to get a group shock tuning session together, if that could be arranged.

Not sure who would lead it? Maybe not enough time or interest, but could be an idea for next yr.

If some folks wanted to do that then I suppose that would work. Don’t want to see anyone get into the weekend turning into a job but that’s up to them.

@Mac5005 is you is or is you ain’t coming?

I personally don’t need any tuning cause ORIs are the best and I will die on this hill….

(Sarcasm)

Last edited:
I hope you drag @XJsavage with you….
Psssshhh.... No dragging required. Already got that Friday marked on work calendar as "off" and GPS coordinates to land me in a big field up in NC.
Yeah.... :beer:

And just to reiterate, I will be driving the Silverado with a few pieces of Hickory logs for cooking and a kayak with me. I definitely plan on exploring the water surrounding the forest and likely doing some swimming too, if it's warm enough.

And just to reiterate, I will be driving the Silverado with a few pieces of Hickory logs for cooking and a kayak with me. I definitely plan on exploring the water surrounding the forest and likely doing some swimming too, if it's warm enough.

Based on recent temps, it’ll be more than warm enough lol

I will not have my kids with me this round. My wife is slightly (massively) irrational about Covid so she preferred they not go.

So, I’ll use the time to relax and unplug from work/life for the weekend.

Are there any beer requests this year? I only brought enough for @Chris_Keziah last year, so it looks like I’ll need to bring a 3rd cooler for everyone else. Probably bring Clyde May’s and typical ABC store buys, unless anyone has any specific requests. @XJsavage has dibs on the last few shots of my Blantons if he still wants it.

Are there any beer requests this year? I only brought enough for @Chris_Keziah last year, so it looks like I’ll need to bring a 3rd cooler for everyone else. Probably bring Clyde May’s and typical ABC store buys, unless anyone has any specific requests. @XJsavage has dibs on the last few shots of my Blantons if he still wants it.
I'll have my 55qt cooler loaded slap down with budget beers, so if anybody runs out.
I've never shot a Blanton's before. I'm down!

I’ll be Accepting gifts of Angels Envy, Barrel Dovetail and I wouldn’t turn down Pappy Van Winkle ;)

I will not have my kids with me this round. My wife is slightly (massively) irrational about Covid so she preferred they not go.

So, I’ll use the time to relax and unplug from work/life for the weekend.
That sounds like a damn good idea.

Interested in riding, but again - bunny trail level (last ride went a little advanced than my son wanted for his first trip) in a stock, open/open TJ.

I wouldn’t turn down Pappy Van Winkle ;)

Look...you're cute and all, but if I'm bustin out the pappy, I'm bustin out something else too, and you're not quite curvy enough for me...and I have no idea if you like being the little tea spoon or not.

Also...my obligatory...pappy is overrated comment.

Look...you're cute and all, but if I'm bustin out the pappy, I'm bustin out something else too, and you're not quite curvy enough for me...and I have no idea if you like being the little tea spoon or not.

Also...my obligatory...pappy is overrated comment.

My handjobs might not impress like @REDLYNER but I try.

And yes, Pappy is overrated.

Interested in riding, but again - bunny trail level (last ride went a little advanced than my son wanted for his first trip) in a stock, open/open TJ.
We should be able to accommodate that. Where was the last place you rode that was too advance? The D's are the "hardest" at uwharrie and they would be considered easy compared to alot of places like GER.

Busch latte or Miller Lite are my go too's but I'm not gonna be picky with free beer.

I will be there again with my oldest.

This is exactly my plan. I plan on doing this at least once, if not twice a day. Just a quick run up daniel and back.

You probably just cursed yourself lol. More than once a "quick run" up Daniel lasted all damn day :dumbass:

I plan on dragging my junk up there. I'll hit any trail with anyone. A bad day wheeling is better than a good day at work!

Duane

We should be able to accommodate that. Where was the last place you rode that was too advance? The D's are the "hardest" at uwharrie and they would be considered easy compared to alot of places like GER.
We did Big Rock Creek...got a little gnarly w/ bouncing along on skids, etc

Well I am a definite maybe. There is strong talk of forced quarantine away from work site for out of state travel again. If so I'll be out.

Anybody got some pics or videos of Daniel or dickey bell? I’ve looked at a few on the TubeYou and it’s mostly JK guys doing dumb stuff. I honestly think with all the throttle and zero f’s given I could probably do some of that open/open on 31s with some dragging and banging. Am I missing something?
I took a stock Samurai on P205 street tires up Daniel. It was dry, that was about 15 yrs ago, and the front bumper was in the back seat when I reached the top.

Back