The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

I took a stock Samurai on P205 street tires up Daniel. It was dry, that was about 15 yrs ago, and the front bumper was in the back seat when I reached the top.
I just want a bit of a challenge. If it’s something I’ll walk through with 37s iroks locked/locked I’ll probably bring the jeep just to see what a 4 banger can do. I’ve had it to Harlan a few times. Just gotta hit 4low on some steep climbs

I just want a bit of a challenge. If it’s something I’ll walk through with 37s iroks locked/locked I’ll probably bring the jeep just to see what a 4 banger can do. I’ve had it to Harlan a few times. Just gotta hit 4low on some steep climbs
I don't think you are missing much with your analysis. Locked 37s should walk through Uwharrie with minimal skills. I've got a locked weekend warrior JKU on 33s that gets through most anything there with minimal pucker factor (and since it's me driving, minimal skills).

Well I am a definite maybe. There is strong talk of forced quarantine away from work site for out of state travel again. If so I'll be out.
I'm trying to recall the OPM determination on that. As I recall, GS employees could be required to telework for the quarantine period but they could not be restricted from travel or required to burn leave during the quarantine period. But I'd have to go back and check my notes from the last go around.. of course, that puts you in the spot of being the asshole who thumbs his nose at the team and travels just to get x days away from the office.

We should be able to accommodate that. Where was the last place you rode that was too advance? The D's are the "hardest" at uwharrie and they would be considered easy compared to alot of places like GER.
Locked TJ and 33s ok for all trails without intentional damage? I haven’t been to URE in 20 years.

I'm trying to recall the OPM determination on that. As I recall, GS employees could be required to telework for the quarantine period but they could not be restricted from travel or required to burn leave during the quarantine period. But I'd have to go back and check my notes from the last go around.. of course, that puts you in the spot of being the asshole who thumbs his nose at the team and travels just to get x days away from the office.
And thats the problem, not being able to go in person. We have a big data collection going on and I have two research fellows scheduled to come in from San diego overlapping with that time. Being forced to not come into work in person would totally screw my team and make me the douche of projects I lead. On top of that, the high school robotics team starts off that weekend, and we meet at a work-owned facility, so it'd screw them if I am banished.

Anybody got some pics or videos of Daniel or dickey bell? I’ve looked at a few on the TubeYou and it’s mostly JK guys doing dumb stuff. I honestly think with all the throttle and zero f’s given I could probably do some of that open/open on 31s with some dragging and banging. Am I missing something?
I would have taken my Tacoma back when it was IFS on 33s and one locker up it on 33s. There's a ton of lines, a few that look like they may be a PITA locked F/R on 37s with my junk. Here's a pic...
431C884C-79B4-497F-B0DD-92B3B31AB1EC.jpg

20210417_184258.jpg

20210417_185606.jpg

The views are cool and beats the hell out of sitting at home!!

I took a stock Samurai on P205 street tires up Daniel. It was dry, that was about 15 yrs ago, and the front bumper was in the back seat when I reached the top.
I just want a bit of a challenge. If it’s something I’ll walk through with 37s iroks locked/locked I’ll probably bring the jeep just to see what a 4 banger can do. I’ve had it to Harlan a
I would have taken my Tacoma back when it was IFS on 33s and one locker up it on 33s. There's a ton of lines, a few that look like they may be a PITA locked F/R on 37s with my junk. Here's a pic...
View attachment 355863
View attachment 355864
View attachment 355865

The views are cool and beats the hell out of sitting at home!!
I may have to start a poll, bring the shitbox FoRunner, the rebuilt 5x TJ or maybe, if there’s enough interest and people wanting to see me give it hell, the 2010 Taco on 33s.

I just want a bit of a challenge. If it’s something I’ll walk through with 37s iroks locked/locked I’ll probably bring the jeep just to see what a 4 banger can do. I’ve had it to Harlan a

I may have to start a poll, bring the shitbox FoRunner, the rebuilt 5x TJ or maybe, if there’s enough interest and people wanting to see me give it hell, the 2010 Taco on 33s.
Taco on 33s....

An open/open jeep on 31s would definitely make Daniel interesting. Anything locked on 35s or bigger shouldn't have any problems. Flip a quarter, heads bring the jeep, tails bring the taco lol.

Duane

If it has rained at all, then I would take the locked rig on 37's. That place is drastically different when wet

Locked TJ and 33s ok for all trails without intentional damage? I haven’t been to URE in 20 years.
The front side of Daniel would be your call but it wouldn't be impossible. Everything else should be do able.

The front side of Daniel would be your call but it wouldn't be impossible. Everything else should be do able.
So there is an alternate route up Daniel? Last I did it was on a EX400 when I was a spry 30 year old.

An open/open jeep on 31s would definitely make Daniel interesting. Anything locked on 35s or bigger shouldn't have any problems. Flip a quarter, heads bring the jeep, tails bring the taco lol.

Duane
See below....
If it has rained at all, then I would take the locked rig on 37's. That place is drastically different when wet
If the trails are wet its a whole different game....
So there is an alternate route up Daniel? Last I did it was on a EX400 when I was a spry 30 year old.
No. Front of Daniel is one way.

My .02 The ruts are the bottom last year were deep. If you fall in them your passanger side was gettting trashed on a stock jeep with stockish axles. The far right line on the Daniel hill has gotten eaten out and last year the Dicky bell climb was very rocky. Of course I have not been there in a year. Generally if you are on sticky's you walk everything at URE. Daniel wet can challenge anything under 37's IMHO. All JMHO. I use to wheel URE about 3 - 4 times a year in my pig. The last couple years I have been only going once or twice.

I will need to avoid places with obvious damage imminent 😆

If @Drunktaco and @Ron don't show up I'm gonna sit my ass right on a tree stump and cry for a solid 3 minutes (or however long it takes to slam an ice cold Natural Light).
Haven't actually timed it, but the timeframe is probably legit.

If @Drunktaco and @Ron don't show up I'm gonna sit my ass right on a tree stump and cry for a solid 3 minutes (or however long it takes to slam an ice cold Natural Light).
Haven't actually timed it, but the timeframe is probably legit.
I’m going to do my best to there. Hopefully we’ll have the full NattyCrew. If I bring a rig down, I’ll have an empty seat just for you, hell I may have to bring my kayak to.

URE wet is like a brown slip 'n' slide, even (especially) in a locked rig on 37's...it was fun, but I clenched the passenger seat several times.
Yep. One Of the best times I've had there was a February work day with snow on the road's trails.

Back