The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

I just want a bit of a challenge. If it’s something I’ll walk through with 37s iroks locked/locked I’ll probably bring the jeep just to see what a 4 banger can do. I’ve had it to Harlan a few times. Just gotta hit 4low on some steep climbs
the far right side of Daniel last year (2020) is pretty challenging line, my ZJ on 42s buggy made it but with good effort despite it kept trying to deny me lol (it was wet too). However, my buddy with his ZJ on 31s open/open made the whole park staying just on the main stuff with spotting on certain ravines. All the D trails are doable, fun and all have "sections" that are fun to play on.

it might be a good place/opportunity to get a group shock tuning session together, if that could be arranged.
I'm actually hoping I can get someone(s) to look at mine, maybe ride with me and see how it does since I'm new to "coilovers" and to me it rides AMAZING but my past rigs were cobbled together so anything gonna ride good to me but to someone more experienced, they might say it rides like crap lol.

the far right side of Daniel last year (2020) is pretty challenging line, my ZJ on 42s buggy made it but with good effort despite it kept trying to deny me lol (it was wet too). However, my buddy with his ZJ on 31s open/open made the whole park staying just on the main stuff with spotting on certain ravines. All the D trails are doable, fun and all have "sections" that are fun to play on.
Quoted so it could be said 3 times!

Speaking of Daniel, I’m really hoping to see a return of the old Nissan. Surely there’s been enough time for tom foolery upgrades.

IMG_5206.jpg

Debating on bringing my Jeep for trail riding or not, last year it was under a cooling system overhaul, it’s ready this year but the kids aren’t exactly excited about trail riding, our boy got a little freaked out on the easiest trail last year in our stock TJ thinking we were gonna be stranded lol…..so, if some are gonna be staying on some more mild trails I may consider bringing mine and tagging along, it’s just and XJ with 4.5” lift and 275’s nothing special

I'm up for riding anywhere. But I can't bring myself to drive my Jeep all the way to Uwharrie and not wheel it. And I'm sure as hell not driving the Cadillac to this shindig! I'd end up piss drunk and trying to wheel it...
You're not allowed to drink and drive on the trails:shaking::cool:

Just out of curiosity…is this sarcasm or legit?
It's legit. Federal ticket. Also I'd say pretty loosely enforced unless you are obvious about it or being a major jackass.

So I posted this days ago but just realized it was in the wrong thread. Like not even related whatsoever :shaking:

Just a reminder in case you’re not in the other thread, or got in this one late and didn’t read the whole thing, we are raising money for a fellow member here for adoption. Buy some raffle tickets, throw some cash in a bucket, be generous.

Hard to say. I may be gone for work, so I'm unsure at the moment, unfortunately.

Are there any beer requests this year? I only brought enough for @Chris_Keziah last year, so it looks like I’ll need to bring a 3rd cooler for everyone else. Probably bring Clyde May’s and typical ABC store buys, unless anyone has any specific requests. @XJsavage has dibs on the last few shots of my Blantons if he still wants it.

Assuming there’s anything left after @BigClay and @CasterTroy are done with it next weekend, these will be following me to the G2G. Probably have some liquid corn in the event there are any knee injuries again this year. I’ll be there Saturday a little after lunch until about dark (young kid lyf). So if you need a refreshment, come find the big red expedition and help yourself…

89874E63-163A-45A7-AEE7-1744A85D2FCF.jpeg

Back