The 2nd annual get together 9/18/21

Nothing broke and no casualties. Except the loss of Kyle’s shoe. RIP.
We don’t know what happened to it, but at 6:45am this morning I stepped out of my camper to find @72Rockcruiser wandering around looking for it :laughing:

I take this back, @adamk ripped a sidewall open on Daniel last night. He also had a self induced sickness this morning.

Phew finally made it home. I had a great time as always. Glad to see everyone again and put more faces to usernames. This is an incredible group and I’m humbled by everyone’s generosity, and I don’t just mean the support of Justin and Ashley. Everywhere I walked I swear someone was offering me food. When Phil says everyone is welcome, he means it. As cliché as it sounds, this community is more like a family than an Internet forum.

Thank you to everyone who came this year and if you’re on the fence for next year, I promise you will not be disappointed! I’ll see y’all at the ranch for the 3rd annual get together :D

Here’s some photos I grabbed running the easy stuff yesterday. I have drag racing videos too if we want to self incriminate ;)

Pictured (top to bottom): @tobaccoroad4wd @Keith1138 @jeepinmatt

BDC5D727-A9F0-401B-AE1D-368455127796.jpeg
42DEB69A-1549-4D43-87EC-77C788B9BE68.jpeg
4A24F901-69C5-4036-A4D0-31E6F0307C4C.jpeg

We are down for the ranch as well.
I’d like to say thank you to @77GreenMachine for his efforts in putting this shindig together for 2 years now, and already getting on the ball to discuss next years options.
I know there are many more who did things and helped behind the scenes; I can only hope that our sincere gratitude is known and felt by you.
A big thank you and lots of love to the NC4X4 family as a whole as well for the kindness and generosity shown to my wife and me. We have a long (off)road to go, but are excited and ready to travel wheel it. :)

Anybody fall into the fire?

There’s my queue lol. My five year olds right hand broke her fall in some hot ashes so I pretty much packed up and rolled out mid sentence with @jeepinmatt.

We had a short layover in an urgent care in Asheboro and then a half nights stay in Winston at the children’s ER just making sure she was ok since they have a burn center there. She’s doing great though and is looking forward to the milkshake I promised later today.

We had a great time and everyone was super cool. What a great community! Didn’t get to mingle with the folks in the field like I planned since we had to leave, but looking forward to the next time.

Kids enjoyed the bunny slope tour with @Andy J. and the rest of the group. Some people pack spare parts and tools. We made sure the fruit snacks were in good supply.

@UTfball68 glad the girls enjoyed the jump castle. Company policy is to waive the first rental fee, so you good :D

42F0A84B-5CD7-4141-8807-69BD6D41F443.jpeg
6E2DBCBB-B870-4BCC-8C5D-7FF61458C3CA.jpeg
9743ACA1-DAE0-4B80-B4C8-C252EDB2DC13.jpeg

FDF08818-8699-4666-89AE-0C5BB533ED4A.jpeg

Last edited:
@jcramsey I feel terrible for your daughter. I apologize again, I kept asking her who her dad was so I could get her to you sooner. My daughter feels terrible too. They were balancing on the logs not knowing the ashes were hot.
All good brother, definitely not y’all’s fault! Make sure your daughter knows that she is doing just fine today.

@XJsavage sorry I didn’t say goodbye, it was great seeing you again.

It was fantastic seeing everyone. I rolled out early this morning, I missed my kids first soccer game of the season to be there this weekend. They had another game today so I didn’t wanna miss that one too. Sorry for running off without saying bye. I hope things were left clean and in good order, I trust they were cause this group is awesome.

Again everyone, it was just amazing. I got a little tuned up Friday night. Paid for it all day Saturday. Hope all was well and nothing out of the way said by me :shaking:

I'd like to thank @72Rockcruiser @Curtis_H @D2320M & @77GreenMachine for their amazing hospitality.
@Buddy_Holly you HAVE to come to the ranch. Personal invite to my open seat for you. You're an absolute riot.
@jeepin' jen I teased but you look amazing 😱 all that hard work... you're an inspiration (as I stop for a sip of buffalo trace 😎)
@Mulishajoe your wife is hot 🤘🏼🤣

Hate I missed @jeepinmatt on the trail. Damn impressive

Finally met fuller. I see why @Paul would shank a fool for him.

You put on a good gig Phillip

Had a killer time meeting everyone. Hate i didn't make last year to know some of you better. Had a fun ride today with @XJsavage @jyaks and @jeepinmatt
Jyaks, your boys are a riot! Enjoyed yours and Matt's boy. Great kids.
Found out that I'd really like to make a trip canoeing/kayaking in SC.

edit: couple more things....

great seeing @72Rockcruiser , it's been forever!
@Paul you are a hell of a grillmaster sir
Also enjoyed talking machine shop with @PAT Ventures around the campfire.
20210919_125914.jpg
20210919_125732.jpg
20210919_111220.jpg

Last edited:
DDCD1334-39FE-4353-B054-9A1C09FDE7A4.jpeg

Had a blast. Was great seeing some familiar faces and put names to nicks here. Just a few pictures taken I was having too much fun.
78F1422E-6605-4A4B-94AB-BA8749A7F315.jpeg

I was worried the death machine would get looked down on. Glad I brought it though. Haven’t ridden it in a year. Rear brake mater showed up at the house Saturday. Thanks @77GreenMachine for doing this. My .02 on the Ranch is that this event would loose a lot of people that can come and have fun for the day. Still would love to see you put something together there.

Had a great time Friday. Thanks to everyone that had a part in it. @77GreenMachine for putting on a great event. @D2320M for some awesome steaks. @72Rockcruiser for some awesome wings. @ghost for chauffeuring me around Friday night. @Buddy_Holly for letting me ride the death machine. Hate I had to dip out early Saturday morning. Looking forward to next year. I’m down to do it at the Ranch.

@XJsavage sorry I didn’t say goodbye, it was great seeing you again.

It was fantastic seeing everyone. I rolled out early this morning, I missed my kids first soccer game of the season to be there this weekend. They had another game today so I didn’t wanna miss that one too. Sorry for running off without saying bye. I hope things were left clean and in good order, I trust they were cause this group is awesome.

Again everyone, it was just amazing. I got a little tuned up Friday night. Paid for it all day Saturday. Hope all was well and nothing out of the way said by me :shaking:
Yeah man! Awesome seeing you again too.
Me and Justjeepin took care of the trash on the way out. 😉

Back