Toyota Monster Truck

With the holidays quickly approaching I have not done a whole lot. I did however cut the old motor mounts out. I have been meaning to do this for a while.......

Motor Mount.JPG

Mounts.JPG

Nice work George!! I am impressed! :beer:

This thing is gonna be AWESOME!!!

You are gonna love the rattle, rattle, whoosh from the Cummins....music to my ears!!

Are you planning on turning that 4bt up a bit?

Thanks Kyle!I plan on turning it up a bit. I will also have a 4 inch exhaust. nothing real crazy for now.....

Interior

Started working on the interior at 3am this morning. Did all I am going to do for today. Stopped working at 11am. Now off to work (my job). It is going to be a long day!

I got the carpet in and cut the holes that were needed for the role cage. I then put the roll cage in as well. I got both seat brackets installed. I put in the passenger seat and tube door. I still need to finish up the driver's side. I am getting there.

Last week I finished removing the old pin stripping. I then put a few decals of my own on the truck. I also installed WADE bedrail caps.

Side.JPG

Tubed1.JPG

Roof.JPG

Tubedoorbed.JPG

I think we need to organize our own version of Top Truck Challenge with The Kraken Up-N-Overs & this bad boy. I love how this truck is going to get used & abused.

Thanks! It is nice of you to put my truck in the same category as those two trucks. Top Truck Challenge sounds like a good idea.......Maybe?

Progress

I installed the driver seat and tube door yesturday morning. I also purchased the bolts I needed to install the motor mount brackets to the motor. I am about ready to drop this thing in.....

Seats.JPG

4bt.JPG

Cummins Install!

I got the motor mounts in this morning. The engine fits up nicely with plenty of room to spare.....

Cummins2.JPG

Cummins3.JPG

Cummins1.JPG

Maybe I will compete against up-n-over and the Release the Kraken rigs???????
i must say, i saw "Kraken" this weekend and u got some stiff competiotion but this thing is awesome! would love to see it in person..espaecially if theres a contest between the 3 of yall!

Will and Aaron at 4 Wheel Parts are trying to sell me some
54's, but those tires are expensive. If I could find some cheap ROCKWELL pattern 17s or 20s I might could make it happen.

Funny Video Kyle. Biguns may be in the picture? Not sure yet. I ordered some 47 inch LTB's but they are on back order for six months. I can get 54s or 49s within a week just not sure if I want to go that big or not.

That is a good idea, I am just not real crazy about the tread pattern on those. The truck probably won't be complete for six months anyway. I think I am going to hold out for the LTBs. If I can find some cheap 16.5s or 20 inch wheels I may go with a larger tire. I have 15X12s now that the LTBs will work on so that is the main reason I am leaning towards them.

BudBuilt

I got a little more work done today. I modified my BudBuilt Cross Member/Skidplate to mount to the C-6. I cut the front of the skidplate about half way through with a cut off wheel. Hammered it out close to straight and welded it back up. I welded a transmission mount and also cut the back of the skid plate off. It turned out an easier job than I originally anticipated. I still need to relocate the rear shock mounts and make a few minor adjustments. After that, I should be ready to paint the frame.
BudBuilt.JPG

After thinking threw this over and over again, I decided to go with the 49 inch Irocs. They make my old tires look small. 4Wheel Parts came through for me again!

Will, add the tire pic please!!!!!

Amazing cell phone camera + moving baby =

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• George's Big Ole Tires 1.jpg
    George's Big Ole Tires 1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,285
  • George's Big Ole Tires 2.jpg
    George's Big Ole Tires 2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,315
Final Fitment!

Finished welding up the front end, hoops, etc..... I also added gussets behind the hoops. I am currently jacking the truck back up on jack stands. I wish I had a lift about now. I decided to fit everything back up before painting. With the bigger tires, a few changes are probably on the way. I also decided to add bump stops to limit up travel. I want to keep the truck as low as possible and I don't want to tear off a fender as the suspension flexes. More pics coming soon......

Hoop Gussett.JPG

Suspension

I got the front end together yesturday. Things don't want to fit back together as they should, but I did get it done! I also made some brackets out of some steel tube to mount the shock reseviors. I think they turned out well. Now on to the rear of the truck. I am relocating the shock mounts in the rear to bring the truck down some. Pics on that coming soon....

susp1.JPG

susp2.JPG

I got the suspension back together. I still have a few minor bugs to work out. Also installed the front sway bar links. The connecting rods are too short so I will have to find some longer threaded rods. The front upper link bars will have to be spread apart at the top hat. The engine oil pan is making contact with them. I will have to make another top hat. I ordered what I needed from Ballistic Fab yesturday.

IMG_0137.JPG

Toy@2.JPG

TOY@!.JPG

Back