Update Please pray for Pam Please Pray for Shane.

So unfortunate to see this. I wish I could help. Hang in there and reach out when you need to. i can provide my number if you want a fresh set of ears to listen.
praying for you brother

I was very happy to see CTB represented so well on a Tuesday in Asheville.

Funeral director told us that was the most people he'd ever seen at a weekday funeral. Literally standing room only. More people than they'd had in that chapel. Me, Clay, Phillip, and one of Corey's work colleagues who drove from Texas were at the open doors in the back #becausefatpeoplebehot

They told Shane when planning the service, there would be an hour visitation.......Shane stopped him and said; "We're going to need at least 2hrs" and he was right. Not only was the friends and family visitation before the service longer than 2hrs, it went 3hrs and some change.
Service was difficult. One of the grandkids got up to read a Poem by Pam's grandmother. She couldn't even start it for getting choked up. I held it together until this point...(then I had to put on my sunglasses because the open door was letting all the allergies in...yeah...that's it) but then Shane got up and put his arm around her to comfort her. The open doors and allergies then seemed to effect everyone in the room.

After the service many of us went to the grave site. Very touching small service there. SO MANY PEOPLE. Shane even had some fellow AT&T colleagues come while on the clock. This really was an amazing turnout.

Shane came over and asked if I could get out of the cemetery easily. Fortunately I was parked where I wasn't blocked in. He asked for us to head over and fire up the heater in the garage so Me, Clay, Phillip and Chris headed on over to his house. Wasn't long before the rest of the CTB crew rolled in. Shane's family started coming in little by little, then Shane himself.

We shared some laughs and did our best to take his mind off of things.

I was so glad to see such a turnout. A great showing of love for such a great woman (and loving husband)

It was an amazing time of Fellowship under very trying circumstances. This is why CTB is family. Our hearts were torn with the suffering of our brother so we left our other responsibilities in support of Shane.
IMG_20220215_174318333_HDR.jpg

There were a LOT of people there is an understatement! You could tell they were loved and respected by many many folks. Sorry I could not stay for the after reception.

Man, I’m just now seeing this thread. :(
Shane, I’m sorry brother. It warms my heart to see the support and turn out at the funeral. Take care of yourself my friend.

Back