Uwharrie OHV Lakeview Trail To Be Developed

The play area on that trail had a lot of stuff sitting broken over the weekend. I saw a lost ring gear, a broken D300 case , D60 front shaft etc.. depending on the line you take it didn't look super easy.
Form the looks of the video it looked like they had piled rocks up around a big one. If this is the case how long until te smaller stuff is kicked out?

I will definitely be checking it out soon. I've spent too much time over the years working on the trails not to.
I've only been to Uwharrie closing weekend for the past 6-8 years. Hoping to make a summer trip this year.

I've only been to Uwharrie closing weekend for the past 6-8 years. Hoping to make a summer trip this year.
Gulches and URE are about equal distance from Camden. I can be at the outpost in 1:45 and Gulches in about 1:30. I have a neighbor that likes ot go to URE and we've been together a couple times and I'm hoping to go more.

Gulches and URE are about equal distance from Camden. I can be at the outpost in 1:45 and Gulches in about 1:30. I have a neighbor that likes ot go to URE and we've been together a couple times and I'm hoping to go more.
It's almost worth just having a rig that is spec'd for uhwarrie. I am prepping my dad's land rover on 33s to be a uhwarrie wheeler...you know...since my rig is going to be finished any dayyyyy now :D

It's almost worth just having a rig that is spec'd for uhwarrie. I am prepping my dad's land rover on 33s to be a uhwarrie wheeler...you know...since my rig is going to be finished any dayyyyy now :D
My goal is a LJ on 33's some day.

And about half-ish way between is my house so you best let me know so you can stop for a lunch and beer (and then I’ll magically disappear from the wife and follow along with the shitbox yota!!).. better hurry though I’m selling here sooner than later (hopefully)

road the trail Saturday.

very smooth dirt road (it will get dug out in a few areas after a season or two) rock "gardens" are off to the side so less congestion. 2 look pretty good, one is off camber and I am going to bet someone will flip on it as it is a side hill with rocks dropped on it. I did not play as others were already on the rocks and I did not want to wait.

Pic of bigger area

20230429_102711.jpg
20230429_102717.jpg

road the trail Saturday.

very smooth dirt road (it will get dug out in a few areas after a season or two) rock "gardens" are off to the side so less congestion. 2 look pretty good, one is off camber and I am going to bet someone will flip on it as it is a side hill with rocks dropped on it. I did not play as others were already on the rocks and I did not want to wait.
I almost rolled on the side hill on opening day after the rain and it was slippery.

So is this trail just another Wolf's Den?
for now yes, with couple side rock piles.. but in a few years there will be dug out sections unless they bring in bulldozers every winter

Form the looks of the video it looked like they had piled rocks up around a big one. If this is the case how long until te smaller stuff is kicked out?
2nd weekend it was open, all the small rocks were already down at the bottom of the hill. While we were there, a 392 on ton's and 40's had to winch up it after falling into one of the holes from where all the rocks had kicked out
F2942B96-0C25-4E90-89E5-DC1035A56002.jpeg

Back