Uwharrie Opening Weekend April 3-4

I wonder if the forest service/rangers are allowed to ticket people for littering? If so it'd be worth it to me to become a ranger and ticket the hell out of people who are doing so. I really think they could use some people patrolling the trails. Also, signs along the way on the trails about not littering may help to remind some. I'd be up for going in on some tread lightly signage.

Maybe, "Tread lightly, lest ye lose all trails". lol

I was there friday and saturday, the buggy did good except for some vapor locking problems when the fuel rail got too hot. Going to get a different regulator and put a fan right above it to hopefully take care of it.

Saw some idiot in a white Toyota (no bed) starting to pull up on a tree at the top of Daniel to show off I guess, I was heading out and told him not to do it, not sure if he did or not after I drove off, but thats just one of those pictures that doesn't need to be online...

I was there friday and saturday, the buggy did good except for some vapor locking problems when the fuel rail got too hot. Going to get a different regulator and put a fan right above it to hopefully take care of it.
Saw some idiot in a white Toyota (no bed) starting to pull up on a tree at the top of Daniel to show off I guess, I was heading out and told him not to do it, not sure if he did or not after I drove off, but thats just one of those pictures that doesn't need to be online...

Hey man, nice seeing you. I was the guy with the red XJ with the hood up next to drkelly (Danny) and his Sami on trail leading to go down Daniel.

i got there thursday morning arounf 9:30-10:00 and somehow the campsite i chose was already trashed. I don't know how somebody could have gotten there at 8 am, drank a fifth of jack, wasted 1/2 gallon of antifreeze, burned half a fire, then left throwing out a bunch of cups and trash from hot dog packaging, all within the hour and a half from opening at 8 and me getting there.

Took my cherokee this weekend, and almost rolled in the falls dam mud pit thursday afternoon. Big thank you to whoever it was in the yj that hooked to my rockers while my brother winched me out, and the guy who gave me a new fuse and wd-40 for the distributor. No pics were taken, but the passenger side of the hood was underwater, as well as half my glove box, passenger seat, and back seat.
It was SUPER dusty up there, and i left sat when the crowds were slowing down the trail. stopped by rangers twice but no problems since i wasn't breaking any rules, just the checkpoints.

Daniel was a huge let down......what happened to that second ledge?? why was it filled in? I thought that trail was supposed to be hard. only hard part left is the first ledge you come too, but all it takes is a good driver to get up.

That guy with the gsxr sami was mad annoying. friday night he just kept flying by the campsite revving loud as fuck, and at one point jumped and kinda spun out and headed into our site before hitting a tree, backing up, and taking off. Maybe he had a little too much sauce that night...

Nice meeting you too, met quite a few people this weekend I haven't met before, and some that I haven't seen in a few years (and didn't remember who they were- JoshC :D )
BTW, what was it that was wrong w/ your jeep?

Having problems with the crank position sensor I think. Spits and sputters after being run for a while. If I let it cool off it runs just fine. I was cooling it off then.

i got there thursday morning arounf 9:30-10:00 and somehow the campsite i chose was already trashed. I don't know how somebody could have gotten there at 8 am, drank a fifth of jack, wasted 1/2 gallon of antifreeze, burned half a fire, then left throwing out a bunch of cups and trash from hot dog packaging, all within the hour and a half from opening at 8 and me getting there.

Took my cherokee this weekend, and almost rolled in the falls dam mud pit thursday afternoon. Big thank you to whoever it was in the yj that hooked to my rockers while my brother winched me out, and the guy who gave me a new fuse and wd-40 for the distributor. No pics were taken, but the passenger side of the hood was underwater, as well as half my glove box, passenger seat, and back seat.
It was SUPER dusty up there, and i left sat when the crowds were slowing down the trail. stopped by rangers twice but no problems since i wasn't breaking any rules, just the checkpoints.

Daniel was a huge let down......what happened to that second ledge?? why was it filled in? I thought that trail was supposed to be hard. only hard part left is the first ledge you come too, but all it takes is a good driver to get up.

That guy with the gsxr sami was mad annoying. friday night he just kept flying by the campsite revving loud as fuck, and at one point jumped and kinda spun out and headed into our site before hitting a tree, backing up, and taking off. Maybe he had a little too much sauce that night...

The second ledge was easy all year long last year. I never had a problem with it. The first ledge was the most difficult. This year they must've done some work to it because I took the left line which is supposed to be hard and crawled right up it. I backed down it and took the right line and bumped it and was up with no issues. Only thing I've changed on my rig is swapping in an 8.8, 4.56 gears and chromo front shafts. :confused: Could be because it's really dry, but then it was dry last year too. I too was disappointed at the ease. Oh well, going to Harlan Friday. I'm sure I won't have problem finding a challenge there.

yeah...every time I hear the gixxer sammy roll by, I get jealous too.

Had a blast

This was my second time going. First time was Rockvember (didn't do anything then, cept Wolf den).

It was an interesting weekend. Had a gun pulled on us within the first five minutes of being in Uwharrie (got pictures of the douche if anyone wants one). Thanks to whoever the a$$hole was that stole the trailer hitch out of the white Silverado sitting at the Outpost, we ended up having to drive to Salisbury to get a hitch. Who ever you were, you are such an awesome person.

I douched out on Kodak, but made it through... it was my first time. Daniel Boone was saweet. Next time, I will try my hand at camping on the trails rather that Arrowhead.

I was ridding with my buddy manning shotgun with a Yota and the extremely low White YJ cawler (Csudman). Thanks to the BDB for letting us ride with you! It was fun talking to all of you.

ai886.photobucket.com_albums_ac61_dung3on_100_1171.jpg

ai886.photobucket.com_albums_ac61_dung3on_100_1192.jpg

ai886.photobucket.com_albums_ac61_dung3on_100_1194.jpg

Just wanted to throw out a huge THANKS to Tom (Yota) and CJ (white YJ) for letting us camp with you. Had an awesome weekend!

Oh, not to put you last, but THANK YOU Hot Dog Man, they are that damn good.

cltdb, yea, I remember you telling me now about the CPS.

Dungeon (and csudman), so the moron on the trailer with the Trail-Gear shirt was the one that pulled the gun on ya'll? I was the lucky one that got to witness him being stupid yelling at ya'll to get out of the the road. I heard about it, but guess it was after I got through there that he pulled the gun, how'd it go down? I also heard Janet stopped by and he started to behave...

ive been all over the world and no matter how far in the middle of fte you are there is trash. people who can pack it out should be charged and band.

:flipoff2: :fuck-you: :flipoff2:

Were you the guy waitin for my heap to get jumped, (if so, I am sorry for the show you had to witness)? He carried on for a bit. Janet came over and got his side of the story, it was sad story. She said she could tell that he was pretty lit, and we were okay, and not in any trouble. The was my first dealings with her, and she is a pretty awesome woman.

All in all, I think the guy was just pissed that he might have gotten a scratch on the showroom FJ... just sayin...

We had a group we got behind that kept throughing out empty beer cans... 39 to be exact. I picked up another 18 empty bottles and cans put out a second abanded campfire. All together the group I was with picked up over 2 bags of trash off the trail and another one from a camp sites... This was crazy.. Sorry it saddens me to see this much trash 3 days into a season...
We had a great trip, with great friends but my fear is that at this rate we will need no outside help in getting URE closed, we'll nail the caoffin ourselves..
.... Rant off....

Man, that is really upsetting. People who throw out their empty beers cans while riding on the trail and leave their garbage at the campsite are white trash. If you followed them home, you would probably find the same thing in and around their house. What a bunch of losers. White trash is as white trash does.

The second ledge was easy all year long last year. I never had a problem with it. The first ledge was the most difficult. This year they must've done some work to it because I took the left line which is supposed to be hard and crawled right up it. I backed down it and took the right line and bumped it and was up with no issues. Only thing I've changed on my rig is swapping in an 8.8, 4.56 gears and chromo front shafts. :confused: Could be because it's really dry, but then it was dry last year too. I too was disappointed at the ease. Oh well, going to Harlan Friday. I'm sure I won't have problem finding a challenge there.
wow... not sure what your talking about, last spring the 2nd ledge was much harder than the first. It was slightly wet and took my jeep 2nd gear low range and red-line to get up. Now it's moped worthy. Definitely has been filled in or graded. It's pretty pathetic now... first ledge still isn't that hard, but slightly more challenging than last year.

cltdb, yea, I remember you telling me now about the CPS.
Dungeon (and csudman), so the moron on the trailer with the Trail-Gear shirt was the one that pulled the gun on ya'll? I was the lucky one that got to witness him being stupid yelling at ya'll to get out of the the road. I heard about it, but guess it was after I got through there that he pulled the gun, how'd it go down? I also heard Janet stopped by and he started to behave...

After a few minutes things settled down a bit, lets be clear, he didn't point it, from what Tom told me, but he did pull it out to show he was carrying. Tom and him were the only ones yelling at each other. Dude was an idot.

As soon as we pulled up, we realized the wrangler had a dead battery, so, being on a hill deceded to pop the clutch to start it. Rolled it backwards and it wasn't gonna happen. If you've been to arrow head, the roads are about 12 feet wide. Idiot was in his space on the left side of the road, brand new tundra, trailer and new FJ. We were almost off the road on the right side. So the vehicles were about 8' apart. Dude jumped up on his trailer and the first thing he said was, "I know your not parking that "f"ing jeep there". It was obvious he was being an ass instantly. So, responding to his asshatary, I said, "Thats the plan." And smiled.

I was trying to get the jeep hood open, hook up cables etc...Tom, not being one to take any shit(at all) walked over near the guy(15 feet away at least) to explain the jeep was dead and we were just gonna jump it off. From there it went down hill. He cussed about Tom being to close to the his truck, Tom responded inkind. It got heated to the point I walked over and backed tom off a bit then went back to jumping off the jeep. At some point here, idiot pulled a pistol out of his pocket to let Tom know he was "hard" and had implied he was a military guy. Tom is an MMA fighter and not much bothers him so it doesn't surprise me that he didn't back down.

Anyway, whey you pulled up in the Ford? that was about the end of it. The whole thing lasted maybe 2-3 minutes all because we had a jeep with a dead battery and the road was partialy blocked for a couple minutes. Idiot was probably drunk because there was no way we or anyone else was near his stuff.

Thats about it from my point of view.

Just what we need in a national forest, some asshat waving a piece around while drunk. That's good for the offroad image.:rolleyes:

True, but like Csudman said, atleast he wasn't pointing it. But it is sad to see a fellow enthusiast digress to the lowest for of duchery (I am a mean bad ass.... but with a gun). At least we could walkaway from the situation, and ride some trails. :beer:

It was fun Chris Jonny and Danny
Here's some of the pic's I got before my driveshaft decided it didn't like rocks.
ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0108.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0111.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0113.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0114.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0124.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0119.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0125.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0133.jpg

ai65.photobucket.com_albums_h226_xlain_DSC_0137.jpg

if a handgun is concealed its ccw and if you are in a altercation and display it, it is treats by intimidation ( or going armed in terrer of the public) did i mention im a cop

if a handgun is concealed its ccw and if you are in a altercation and display it, it is treats by intimidation ( or going armed in terrer of the public) did i mention im a cop

Good to Know, Like I said I am "not aware". Thanks for the info.

So if he has a ccw permit and has the handgun on him and gets in an altercation he is not allow to show it unless it is in defense? Not trying to be a smart ass I am curios about the law.

Back