Uwharrie Opening Weekend April 3-4

today

Attachments

• CIMG0068.jpg
    CIMG0068.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 680
Shraeder valve in an air shock ended my day early. Didn't make it to kodak rock, but that may be a good thing.

The crowd was unbearable, but everyone was very polite and I didn't see any real jackassery......

:beer::beer::beer:
:beer::beer::beer:

did anyone else get caught at checkpoint by rangers when first going in my buddy got a ticket for no tag and they couldnt understand it was lost at uwharrie that day so 100 bucks down the drain if anyone found it please let me know maybe we can get this tossed out of court

It was a great day of wheeling! From the awsome tenderloin at the OutPost, this morning...to the 5 or 6 Hotdog Guy Hotdogs during the day...good eating, wheeling and good to see some old faces.(not you Terry, I mean ''other'' old faces!)

Thanks to the BDB Harlan outcast group for letting me ride with ya! Had alot of fun.

We even prevented a forest fire!

OKay, who's got the vid of the Xterra rolling down Daniel and flopping. I got plenty pics of the aftermath, but I want to see the flop! Poor kid, he was pretty tore up about it. In fact he was so nervous and ended up driving it to the top of the hill for him. :p

Uploading my pics to imageshack and will post asap.

It was a great day of wheeling! From the awsome tenderloin at the OutPost, this morning...to the 5 or 6 Hotdog Guy Hotdogs during the day...good eating, wheeling and good to see some old faces.(not you Terry, I mean ''other'' old faces!)
Thanks to the BDB Harlan outcast group for letting me ride with ya! Had alot of fun.
We even prevented a forest fire!

I'll second thanks for letting us tag along. I was drving the white yj w/ the other TJ and Yota.

If any of the boggers got me coming up kodak on video or any pics I'd reallllly appreciate seeing them.

one word, DUSTY

X2!

The trails pretty much look the same as they did closing w/e last December. It was nice to meet you guys and ride with you, Chris, Richard, and Johnny.

What did I take away from today? First off a great day of wheeling with friends....
After that there are some huge issues going on. We had a group we got behind that kept throughing out empty beer cans... 39 to be exact. I picked up another 18 empty bottles and cans put out a second abanded campfire. All together the group I was with picked up over 2 bags of trash off the trail and another one from a camp sites... This was crazy.. Sorry it saddens me to see this much trash 3 days into a season...
We had a great trip, with great friends but my fear is that at this rate we will need no outside help in getting URE closed, we'll nail the caoffin ourselves..
.... Rant off....

Had a great day glad i could help the kid in the Xterra he is lucky there was people around when he went over or he would still be there.

What did I take away from today? First off a great day of wheeling with friends....
After that there are some huge issues going on. We had a group we got behind that kept throughing out empty beer cans... 39 to be exact. I picked up another 18 empty bottles and cans put out a second abanded campfire. All together the group I was with picked up over 2 bags of trash off the trail and another one from a camp sites... This was crazy.. Sorry it saddens me to see this much trash 3 days into a season...
We had a great trip, with great friends but my fear is that at this rate we will need no outside help in getting URE closed, we'll nail the caoffin ourselves..
.... Rant off....

Thanks for your efforts. I'll pull clean up on the 10th when I'm up there.

Such a nice xterra. Glad he's alright.

I was surprised about the amount of trash too. I ended up with a bed full.

The only other bad thing I saw was some jackass in a f150/250flying down the gravel road with a little girl hanging out the sunroof. :shaking:

Still had a great day with some good people. Hit just about everything but Daniel. All the new guard rails and stuff looks great.

Can't wait to get back.

.... Rant off....

you DEFF should have called them in. Not only are they drinking on the trail and driving (stupid), they're also littering......

I'll be there too with a couple of big trash bags. It will be a good opportunity to show the kids how to respect the trails.

It was our first time to uwharrie and we were very disgusted at the trash, we cleaned up an entire campsite, a drink box full of trash and a grocery bag full from 1 single campsite. That didn't include the dixie cups, beer cans and various other things we stopped and picked up on trail. People are f'in stupid down there apparently.

Come on people, don't throw out your trash, its pretty easy to toss it in the back til you get to a can or home.

Damn the dust, if they water that place we'll go back:lol:

Had a really good time other than that though:driver:

It was our first time to uwharrie and we were very disgusted at the trash, we cleaned up an entire campsite, a drink box full of trash and a grocery bag full from 1 single campsite. That didn't include the dixie cups, beer cans and various other things we stopped and picked up on trail. People are f'in stupid down there apparently.
Come on people, don't throw out your trash, its pretty easy to toss it in the back til you get to a can or home.
Damn the dust, if they water that place we'll go back:lol:
Had a really good time other than that though:driver:

URE is a totaly different place when raining...trust me...its alot funnerer when wet.

OKay, who's got the vid of the Xterra rolling down Daniel and flopping. I got plenty pics of the aftermath, but I want to see the flop! Poor kid, he was pretty tore up about it. In fact he was so nervous and ended up driving it to the top of the hill for him. :p

Uploading my pics to imageshack and will post asap.

Whoever has that video needs to send it to me so i can show it to him everyday haha.. i feel bad for him.. hes only had it a couple months now..Guess tryin Daniel for the first time crawlin it wasnt the best idea...oh well... But seriously we need that video..

Well sorry I couldnt make it out today was tired from a wedding........no comment lol!

I meant to mention the DUSt also from friday WOW I didnt miss that at all!So how did the nissan flip over on daniel?Ws that the one richard was trying to sell awhile back?

Yeah we had cleaned up some trash from a few campsites on friday too,the guard rails we put up on RML are still there so far!

Someone in our group got 2 different vids of the Xterra flopping. Somehow he ended up trailing us and he even told everyone it was his first time there and he had never wheeled any place like that. That was of course after some people started asking him about it and he really didn't have a clue as to anything about the rig so I asked him if he got it because he wanted to wheel or just b/c it looked cool. Poor kid was 16 maybe 17.

As for the mass amount of beer cans and abandonded campfires if it's who I think it was I heard several other people complain about the issue and someone was even reporting them to the rangers when I was talking with Janet and a few others last night. Even sadder part is they don't have forum stickering on there vehicles ( thankfully) but they have accounts on this sight and tend to be frequent users.

I had a great weekend, it was really packed up at art lilley, the lot at art lilley really needed a dumpster, i think that would aleviate a lot of trash problem,, people are too lazy to take it down to wolfden trailhead. All went great until half way home debs jeep slung the #1 rod through the side of the block on 85. Engine had good oil pressure, and full, just decided it was time i guess though. I got lucky it only costed me 175 to get it towed back to lincolnton. other than that had a blast

X2!
The trails pretty much look the same as they did closing w/e last December. It was nice to meet you guys and ride with you, Chris, Richard, and Johnny.
u too danny. i didnt even get any pics of us, but i did get one of richards bad luck

Attachments

• CIMG0065.jpg
    CIMG0065.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 787
A couple of buddies and myself made it out yesterday. Tracy in his Rubicon and I had a silver TJ. It was great to be back on the trail after more than a year of my rig sitting on jack stands. Yesterday was the trial run after doing a 1 ton swap.
Pretty smooth overall, ARB compressor didn't work so I was open all day and squeaky front u-joints, other than that pretty successful day.
Saw a lot of cool rigs but didn't really have much time to put faces to names. Next time out I'd like to socialize a little more and get to know some folks a little better.
Ditto on the trash, can't believe that people are too lazy or sorry to haul out there trash. I'll definitely make time the next work day to come out and clean up. Thanks to all the people that did more than there share cleaning up this weekend. :beer:

Back