What have you done for your health today?

Getting back on a Singlespeed to make the most of a 1-1.5 hour ride

Attachments

• 6DF924EF-46C8-43C2-A54A-FC7EC0CE1CB8.jpeg
    6DF924EF-46C8-43C2-A54A-FC7EC0CE1CB8.jpeg
    315.2 KB · Views: 32
I led the F3 workout this morning.

1 mile run

100 reps of each of the following:

pushups
squats
curls with concrete block
calf raises
tricep extensions with concrete block

1 mile run

crunches
pushups
reverse crunches
lunges
atomic crunches

Everyone completed in under 1 hour, so we had a few minutes for stretching at the end.

I led the F3 workout this morning.

1 mile run

pushups
squats
curls with concrete block
calf raises
tricep extensions with concrete block

1 mile run

crunches
pushups
reverse crunches
lunges
atomic crunches

Everyone completed in under 1 hour, so we had a few minutes for stretching at the end.
Curious about these 100 reps.
Are those continuous?

I’ve looked into dropping in on the local F3….but not sure I’m there yet. (I know they are all about no man left behind - but for me I won’t be the anchor dragging everyone back. If I can’t be at least next to last I’ll keep training solo :D )

So when you do 100 push ups. Is that 20 take a few breaths and 20 more or is drop and pump out 100 - pushups used just for example

Are those continuous?

I’ve looked into dropping in on the local F3….but not sure I’m there yet. (I know they are all about no man left behind - but for me I won’t be the anchor dragging everyone back. If I can’t be at least next to last I’ll keep training solo :D )

So when you do 100 push ups. Is that 20 take a few breaths and 20 more or is drop and pump out 100 - pushups used just for example
Man F3 is intimidating to me too. The workouts he posts are insane.

Are those continuous?

Man F3 is intimidating to me too. The workouts he posts are insane.
Not continuous.

Instructions at the beginning of every F3 workout is “modify as necessary.”

For the 1 mile loop, there were two spots where guys could take a short cut, and some did.

For the reps, instructions were to break them up into sets and reps however you preferred. So I did 5 sets of 20 each. Some did 10 sets of 10 each.

Also, Saturdays is 1 hour, so you do as much of it as you can in that time limit. So if you only finished half of it, you finished more than the guys that didn’t show up.

Never worry about being last. You probably won’t be.

If any of you are tired of vanilla and chocolate on-the-go protien shakes, Costco now has the Orgain protein shakes that taste like fruit loops.

I didn’t lead the workout today, but this is what we did at F3:

41 minute tabata timer set in 1 minute increments.

At the beginning of every minute, perform 10 pushups, then run or walk to the next corner of the school drive and rest the remainder of the minute. One of the corners also included a kettlebell carry.

Results were 410 pushups and 2 miles. And 800 mg of ibuprofen when I got home!

Yesterday's workout:
3 sets of incline barbell bench press
3 sets of flat barbell bench press
3 sets of incline dumbell bench press
3 sets of flat dumbell bench press
3 sets of tricep kick backs
3 sets of tricep pull downs

If any of you are tired of vanilla and chocolate on-the-go protien shakes, Costco now has the Orgain protein shakes that taste like fruit loops.

Orgain is pure plant protein. You'd be better of just skipping the empty calories. Without the luecine bond and the lysine tag its never getting into muscle cells anyway.
Pea protein is either converted to sugar via protein neurogenesis or excreted.

Orgain is pure plant protein. You'd be better of just skipping the empty calories. Without the luecine bond and the lysine tag its never getting into muscle cells anyway.

I disagree
This was on pure plant proteins only, the year before last. That was a 1 year recover after a 2 yr? divorce sabbatical. This is before workout, fyi, not a "pump". Took a year off during a house purchase and navigating some life changes, now back on a bulking cycle (but yes doing meat this time)
Take the time to research some vegan strongmen (as much as i hate the vegan religion).
Also included a PDF of the choice soy powder i was using at the time (showing lysine and leucine is in it). I couldnt find my pea protein one, but it was the naked brand.
Plant protein is not empty calories. Protein is 4 cal/g, Carb is 4 cal/g, and Fat is 9 cal/g.
The problem that is true with plant protein sources, is the EAA list is deficit sometimes. This is why i consumed Vegan EAAs every morning, mid workout, and evening during that period. Vegan EAAs are typically plant proteins digested with papain, then they create the mix until the ideal EAA balance. Normal EAA products are made from duck feathers usually.
An amino acid is an amino acid. A protein is a protein. Some protein sources, when broken down will have one Amino Acid profile, while another protein source will have a different profile.
I learned a long time ago, there is "bro science" (aka real world results) and then there is "Science" (that doesnt always yield actual results). You have to balance the two for a logical fitness approach. Bro science will tell you to use Creatine! Real science tells you that supplementing creatine can at best give you a 2% boost. Yeah F that, id rather put that supplement money into cleaner protein sources than adding creatine to my diet. I havent used creatine in 8 years and have not regretted it since. Similarly, real science will tell you that amino acids can not shuttle without glutamine. The problem here is the definitive "not". Many people have done dirty bulks and never touched a "supplement". In my own personal journey i have noticed increased uptake efficiency by adding glutamine to every protein shake and eaa drink.
Most importantly on the subject of protein. If you are going to do anything - i highly recommend you spend your time/energy researching digestible vs indigestible proteins.

20221215_150219_Original.jpg

Attachments

• Soy Protein.pdf
    443.1 KB · Views: 40
I disagree
This was on pure plant proteins only, the year before last. That was a 1 year recover after a 2 yr? divorce sabbatical. This is before workout, fyi, not a "pump". Took a year off during a house purchase and navigating some life changes, now back on a bulking cycle (but yes doing meat this time)
Take the time to research some vegan strongmen (as much as i hate the vegan religion).
Also included a PDF of the choice soy powder i was using at the time (showing lysine and leucine is in it). I couldnt find my pea protein one, but it was the naked brand.
Plant protein is not empty calories. Protein is 4 cal/g, Carb is 4 cal/g, and Fat is 9 cal/g.
The problem that is true with plant protein sources, is the EAA list is deficit sometimes. This is why i consumed Vegan EAAs every morning, mid workout, and evening during that period. Vegan EAAs are typically plant proteins digested with papain, then they create the mix until the ideal EAA balance. Normal EAA products are made from duck feathers usually.
An amino acid is an amino acid. A protein is a protein. Some protein sources, when broken down will have one Amino Acid profile, while another protein source will have a different profile.
I learned a long time ago, there is "bro science" (aka real world results) and then there is "Science" (that doesnt always yield actual results). You have to balance the two for a logical fitness approach. Bro science will tell you to use Creatine! Real science tells you that supplementing creatine can at best give you a 2% boost. Yeah F that, id rather put that supplement money into cleaner protein sources than adding creatine to my diet. I havent used creatine in 8 years and have not regretted it since. Similarly, real science will tell you that amino acids can not shuttle without glutamine. The problem here is the definitive "not". Many people have done dirty bulks and never touched a "supplement". In my own personal journey i have noticed increased uptake efficiency by adding glutamine to every protein shake and eaa drink.
Most importantly on the subject of protein. If you are going to do anything - i highly recommend you spend your time/energy researching digestible vs indigestible proteins.
I had positive results from Creatine, but I understand some people don't for some reason. I took it for years, but decided to take an extended break from it about 6-9 months ago. It would put about 4 lbs on me (water of course), but would make me stronger and look a little fuller. I tried taking a few different brands of protein shakes many years ago, but they all had the same result of plugging me up. I gave up on that crap and just started eating more eggs, chicken, beef, steak and milk. I buy eggs by the box of 60. Heck, I ate 5 today, lol.

Today's workout was a bike ride through my hood during lunch since I am WFH.

I had positive results from Creatine, but I understand some people don't for some reason. I took it for years, but decided to take an extended break from it about 6-9 months ago. It would put about 4 lbs on me (water of course), but would make me stronger and look a little fuller. I tried taking a few different brands of protein shakes many years ago, but they all had the same result of plugging me up. I gave up on that crap and just started eating more eggs, chicken, beef, steak and milk. I buy eggs by the box of 60. Heck, I ate 5 today, lol.

Today's workout was a bike ride through my hood during lunch since I am WFH.
Do you not have any cholesterol problems from that many eggs? Your exercise regime may keep that at bay though.

dietary cholesterol isnt an issue

This one in particular is whey, but I haven’t really looked into the science nor have I personally experimented with plant proteins.

Do you not have any cholesterol problems from that many eggs? Your exercise regime may keep that at bay though.
No. I get it checked every year and it is always between 100 and 120.

Got scuffed up by a black belt in BJJ tonight. But I learned some stuff, so I count it as a win.

Back