What have you done for your health today?

3.8 miles in. Interval run.
Still on track to run my 5k for my daughter in March. Getting close

Do you not have any cholesterol problems from that many eggs? Your exercise regime may keep that at bay though.

dietary cholesterol is shrouded in alot of Mr Capitalism's jizz. Cholesterol is a good thing. Your body produces cholesterol, it is a vital combat against inflammation in your body. You dont "get elevated cholesterol from eating too much cholesterol". Its commingling the abstracts. Your cholesterol elevates when your diet is shit with regard to how clean it is. In my own personal research, the number one cause of higher cholesterol is seed oils. Your body is meant to get alot of omega 3, some omega 6 and very little 9. Almost every single packaged or sold food product in this country (especially fast food) uses seed oils which is alot of 9, little 3. Fats are what run your hormones. Flipped omegas in your diet results in Low T in men, and elevated estrogen and lower progesterone in women (fertility issues) - alongside a jacked pineal gland bringing on a slew of depressive and other mental states. Combine this with the fact that seed oils have the phytic acid content in the food industry (only ruminant animals naturally produce high levels of phytase enzyme to efficently break down phytic acid). This creates a sinking ship.

Additionally mass produced seed oils (even if organic) are plagued with heavy metals, trace glysophate, piss particles from Space Force jettisoning their urinals. Etc. The "clean" status of food, truly in my personal belief, is the direct cause of most issues. Go to italy one day and see for yourself how much more carbs and fats this culture consumes. Look at their weight problems and their heart disease problems.

Anyways ill get off my passionate soap box

I typically eat 12 to 16 eggs a day. Ive done the 3 dozen a day diet (no other foods). Ive done the stick of butter a day before (grass fed). I do blood work 3 to 4 times a year. Ive never had elevated cholesterol. I switched to a typical american diet for one year, ate whatever the F i wanted. The blood work change was scary.

Same black belt tonight got me good. Felt like I doing good to get into half guard, got swept. We laughed after because I felt like I was getting somewhere but realized as I was going over, he set that up.

I completed the next phase in my C25k training plan - stage 9 - successfully first try yesterday. Going to repeat it on Monday/Tuesday to be sure and then bump up again.

Down to 230 on the scale from 304 on 4/1.

Also have gone 5 days without any bourbon. I'm disappointed in myself and will correct that this evening with a nice pour. :D

Pulled out a squat rack and flat bench I picked up from the high school when they got new equipment a few years ago. Also go the 2 best bars they had and an incline bench as well. I think I've got @jcramsey ready to clean us out a hole at our dad's old store and get a few reps in every morning before we go to work. Had a bag of sackrete hanging around and made a couple more flintstone weights. Need fix to fix the pad on the bench and it'll be ready to go. My wife asked if I was gonna keep it classy and leave it in the yard....I think she forgets we got a van body on a junky trailer sitting around.

20240202_155922.jpg

Man I dig the decor.
Pulled out a squat rack and flat bench I picked up from the high school when they got new equipment a few years ago. Also go the 2 best bars they had and an incline bench as well. I think I've got @jcramsey ready to clean us out a hole at our dad's old store and get a few reps in every morning before we go to work. Had a bag of sackrete hanging around and made a couple more flintstone weights. Need fix to fix the pad on the bench and it'll be ready to go. My wife asked if I was gonna keep it classy and leave it in the yard....I think she forgets we got a van body on a junky trailer sitting around.

Ate a semi healthy dessert instead of a couple ice cream Snickers:
2 frozen bananas (chopped before freezing ideally ;)), 2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 HEAPING tablespoons of peanut butter, and an unspecified amount of mini chocolate chips dumped in your hand. Throw it all in the food processor til thorough chopped. Add a little milk as desired to affect the consistency. It comes out about like ice cream, but with less artificial sugar.

You measure that with your heart.
;) See, you get it!

Same with the peanut butter. Sometimes those HEAPING tablespoons are more like 2" spheres! :laughing:

Non-scale victory: very comfortably wore 32” waist pants all day today.
Around your waist or halfway down with your ass hangin out?

I had a sleep study last night. I guess sometimes, my body thinks it doesn't need to breathe when I sleep or whatever. I only slept for about three hours because it was during the time period when I would normally have been at work. However, I felt better after those three hours of sleep than I have in a few months.

Admittedly, I've kinda let my diet go to hell. Work pisses me off constantly. I had that wreck a while back. Etc. I'm going to make some changes again here soon. Baby steps are better than no steps!

I did quit vaping, although I traded one form of nicotine for another. Snus has to be better...right? Regardless, I'll give it all up at some point, but for right now, I don't want to remove the one, tiny, semblance of happiness in my life 😂 It's the ONE vice I have.

I will be doing muuuch better once I sleep better, have some energy, can wake up more than 30 minutes before having to be at work, have time to cook again, and get more truck stuff done. It always helps seeing the days get longer and the weather warming up a touch!

Weighed in this morning and I'm 4lbs lighter than my lightest over the last decade. I'm also 'below playing weight' from college...the muscle:fat ratio is just a bit different. So I need to start 'tightening up'. So far just eating better and making sure I get out of the office every hour to get the blood flowing for 10-15mins...so there's alot more I could be doing. But at this pace, I could be under 3bills in 2-3 weeks. Haven't been there since high school. And in the same vein of jeans fitment...I've been wearing 44x34's for a long time, my 'skinny' 42x34's are falling off my ass and baggy all over.

Keep it up big guy!

Hit 3.8 Miles today in 37 minutes. Still intervals of walk/run but closing in on the magic 3.1 continuous.
Today was a 9/2 x 3 split. Run 9 walk 2 repeat 3 times. 1 minute warm up 3 minute cool down.

On the scale weighed in at 228 this morning. That's officially the lowest official weigh in I have in my life since birth. Now certainly I weighed less as I grew. But I went to a doc for the first timesince infancy for shots when I left the boarding school and went to public school in the 7h grade. I was 229 summer between 6th and 7th grade. So on my medical charts I am lower than any weight ever recorded except that 8.0 in 1978...

I had a sleep study last night. I guess sometimes, my body thinks it doesn't need to breathe when I sleep or whatever. I only slept for about three hours because it was during the time period when I would normally have been at work. However, I felt better after those three hours of sleep than I have in a few months.

Admittedly, I've kinda let my diet go to hell. Work pisses me off constantly. I had that wreck a while back. Etc. I'm going to make some changes again here soon. Baby steps are better than no steps!

I did quit vaping, although I traded one form of nicotine for another. Snus has to be better...right? Regardless, I'll give it all up at some point, but for right now, I don't want to remove the one, tiny, semblance of happiness in my life 😂 It's the ONE vice I have.

I will be doing muuuch better once I sleep better, have some energy, can wake up more than 30 minutes before having to be at work, have time to cook again, and get more truck stuff done. It always helps seeing the days get longer and the weather warming up a touch!
We've all been there at some point (or multiple points).

All it takes is one change at a time, applied consistently. Just keep troubleshooting and forgive yourself quickly for any mistakes along the way.

Fridays are “freestyle Friday” at F3 Afton.
Some run, some ruck, but today 3 of us did a slow run with pain stations for 45 minutes. I did it with my 20 pound ruck sack on.

0.2 mile run down a hill to a short brick wall where we did 10 decline pushups and 10 dips.
Run back up the same hill where we would do a couple sets of different exercises.

Rinse and repeat and when we were done we had 2.5 miles in 45 minutes.

I have the lead tomorrow morning at 0700. We meet in the parking lot of McGill Baptist Church in Concord. Bring a pair of gloves and join us!

Today was a mashup of weight lifting mostly shoulders though.
- 3 sets of flat barbell bench superset with 3 sets of wide grip pullups
- 4 sets of dumbell front raises
- 4 sets of rear delts in the machine
- 4 sets of side raises for side delts
- 4 sets of bent over dumbell raises for rear delts
- 2 sets of low back in the 45 deg hyperextension

Back