What have you done for your health today?

Torn ligaments and deteriorated cartilage are likely outcomes and not something you just get over. I agree you need to push yourself, but you have to do the right things at the right pace. Pain is not bad, but damage is not good.

With that said...
Hey @Will Carter stop being a pussy. Go run that marathon :flipoff2:
I challenge any of you who are not currently running but are considering starting because of this thread or for any other reason. Go measure out 2 miles in a loop from your home or wherever you may be trying to exercise from. Take off on a fast walk and do that loop, walk your dog or take your wife or S.O. You'll feel exercised when you're done and its a lot easier on your joints. And it's good for you. Do it every day and see how much easier it gets. Then make it a little longer when you can. You will benefit from it.

Torn ligaments and deteriorated cartilage are likely outcomes and not something you just get over. I agree you need to push yourself, but you have to do the right things at the right pace. Pain is not bad, but damage is not good.

With that said...
I hate running. I used to hate it because I hurt. Now I just can't stand the boredom. I can no doubt get out of this chair and go do 10k. A marathon might be a stretch for me. Even for a 10k I'm going to need a subject to ponder on whilst I do it.

I just want to say I am truly proud of all of you jokers out there either making changes to yourself or being an encouragement to others.
Agreed checking this thread in the morn and lunch and after work Its helping motivate me to! Also giving great insight on nutrition and what’s worked for diff people! Keep it up everyone! Don’t hurt yourself anyone but gotta start somewhere... can’t be scared your whole life! #Nc4x4FIT

Last edited:
I hate running. I used to hate it because I hurt. Now I just can't stand the boredom. I can no doubt get out of this chair and go do 10k. A marathon might be a stretch for me. Even for a 10k I'm going to need a subject to ponder on whilst I do it.
I throw in some Pantera and that’s what pushes me to run and workout, especially running bc it’s hard on my big ass! Real metal music make my adrenaline start pumping, may be bc I use to love a good mosh pit tho!!?

I am the same way. I hate running because I get bored. It’s easier with someone else but I tend to not have a conversation while running. I guess it screws up what little mojo I have while running.

To curb this, I try to focus on trail running more than on the sidewalk or in a neighborhood. It’s much more entertaining. It’s pretty much a really fast hike. :D

With that said...
Got all this, why I started biking....but way off that pace now....I think I'll start walking some, maybe add weight. My Art Leob run stoved me up for a couple months, darn 18 year olds.lol.

Who in here travels a lot for a living? Any tips or tricks for managing diet while on the go? That is the one thing I always struggle with. At home it’s not biggie. A local meat market and a freezer full of venison make meal prep a breeze. But trying to grab a relatively healthy lunch and dinner while in a convention center is damn near impossible.

Who in here travels a lot for a living? Any tips or tricks for managing diet while on the go? That is the one thing I always struggle with. At home it’s not biggie. A local meat market and a freezer full of venison make meal prep a breeze. But trying to grab a relatively healthy lunch and dinner while in a convention center is damn near impossible.
I’m with you. I can ruin a months good work with a one week out of town job. It’s hard especially when time is literally money and the costs compound with every night spent. That box you see on my Instagram will have a stove and fridge in it just for this reason.

I’m with you. I can ruin a months good work with a one week out of town job. It’s hard especially when time is literally money and the costs compound with every night spent. That box you see on my Instagram will have a stove and fridge in it just for this reason.

I’ve toyed with the idea of just finding the local fresh fit meals or whatever meal prep place is the best and having it sent to my hotel. Fuck it, it’s per-diem. But I don’t really have a microwave in the hall and most of that stuff needs to be heated back up.

Some simple tricks guys I worked with in Charlotte used to do when we went to shows was just order grilled whatever sandwich without the bun and the healthiest option of sides instead of fries. Or no side at all. You sound like an asshole ordering it around everyone but that’s about it.

Written as I sit here in the Atlanta convention center, my home for the next 12 days, and ponder what I’m going to go find for lunch.

I’ve toyed with the idea of just finding the local fresh fit meals or whatever meal prep place is the best and having it sent to my hotel. Fuck it, it’s per-diem. But I don’t really have a microwave in the hall and most of that stuff needs to be heated back up.

Some simple tricks guys I worked with in Charlotte used to do when we went to shows was just order grilled whatever sandwich without the bun and the healthiest option of sides instead of fries. Or no side at all. You sound like an asshole ordering it around everyone but that’s about it.

Written as I sit here in the Atlanta convention center, my home for the next 12 days, and ponder what I’m going to go find for lunch.

I used to order burgers with extra lettuce. Ditch the bread and wrap in lettuce. I also usually just order two burgers and omit fries or chips. Seems to work well in a pinch while traveling. Many places also offer whole grain bread options. You are SOL at Wendy’s it McDonalds, but most mom and pop places often have healthier bread options.

Believe it or not, Sheetz has decent prepared grilled chicken salads. I’m sure there are other similar options where you travel.

Larger cities often have reasonable deliver options. It may be wise to start investing some time into Grub Hub and get to know the healthy options where you travel ahead of time. It’s worked mostly ok for me so far. I’ve found that I can also hit up a super market and get fresh veggies and a bag of salad and dressing for much healthier options than eating out. Most also have rotisserie chickens you can use for protein. And the grocery stores also have eggs already boiled, donuts just a matter of keeping them cool, which isn’t too difficult as most hotels now include mini fridges nowadays.

Couch to 5k is your friend if you’re just starting. Instead of running to for the first half of it, jog at a pace just past your fastest walk. Focus on a good stride (don’t heel slam). I’ve made the mistake of jumping in whole hog. It hurt for weeks.

Meal prep companies can generally deliver if you let them know ahead of time. Here in Charlotte, Pack Meals and Project Lean Nation are two that I've used in the past with great results. Good, clean and most important tasty food. You can get a high quality meal for around $7-9 and all you need is a microwave.

I throw in some Pantera and that’s what pushes me to run and workout, especially running bc it’s hard on my big ass! Real metal music make my adrenaline start pumping, may be bc I use to love a good mosh pit tho!!?

Awesome! Slayer and old Metallica work good as well! I'm a metal head myself and the right music can really help to push you through

This if from a 5k race I did in November. 10th overall and first for my age. My time was 20.55
image0000001.jpeg

Awesome! Slayer and old Metallica work good as well! I'm a metal head myself and the right music can really help to push you through
Yeah I like some slayer, corrosion of conformity, cannibal corpse. But hearing Phil and dime bag get down on 5mins alone and or I’m broken gets me in fight mode. I’ve always looked at training regardless of what it is as get in your head and get serious, it’s a mindset that’s helping me train now! My woman don’t appreciate the yelling while I’m going hard down stairs tho lol I’m like I couldn’t hear anything babe... hahaha

Yeah I like some slayer, corrosion of conformity, cannibal corpse. But hearing Phil and dime bag get down on 5mins alone and or I’m broken gets me in fight mode. I’ve always looked at training regardless of what it is as get in your head and get serious, it’s a mindset that’s helping me train now! My woman don’t appreciate the yelling while I’m going hard down stairs tho lol I’m like I couldn’t hear anything babe... hahaha

Haha I hear ya man. I listen to Pantera too sometimes. You gotta have your go to jam. Old Sepultura is one of mine when I'm not feeling a run and need the motivation. Whether I'm on a trail or in the gym I sing and rock out don't care what anyone thinks lol

Just as an FYI based on your stated goal.

The object is to have the body move intensly while the mind is calm and processing. ;)

Today's workout was 20 minutes on the incline treadmill, followed by 4 sets of walking lunges with dumbbells, and 1 set of farmer carries.

Just as an FYI based on your stated goal.

The object is to have the body move intensly while the mind is calm and processing. ;)
Very true and in extremely intense situations my mind goes into a diff mode then when training tho! But you are correct in that statement 100%!

Started following the keto meal plan. Lost 5 lbs already. Just hoping the craving for carbs goes away after a couple of weeks. The keto coffee in the morning is actually pretty tasty, had my doubts. Also going to get on the stationary bike and start doing some cardio.

Today's workout looks like fun.

Strength:
10 min EMOM(every minute on the minute)
6 back squats @ 60-65%(even minutes)
2-4 ring muscleups or muscleup progressions(odd minutes)

MetCon: Partner workout

20min AMRAP(As many rounds/reps as possible)
5,10,15,20,25 etc
Calories either row/bike/ski
Clean and Jerk(135/95)
Wall Balls to 10'/9' target.

Yesterday's workout destroyed just about everyone that did it, myself included. But the point was that they(I) finished it.

For those of you who hate running, keep an eye on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for a used Concept 2 rower, or any air or water resistance rower for that matter or an old Schwinn Airdyne bike. Get them at the right time and you can usually find a rower for $250-500 depending on model and an old Airdyne for about $200-250. Rogue actually has the newer Assault bikes on sale right now for $699 (Normally $999) Very unlikely to be found used, but another awesome workout for the attention span challenged is the SkiErg.

Back