What have you done for your health today?

Went for a lunch ride around Spencer Mountain then posted the video of this weekend's shenanigans.
How did the road or gravel bike do on the pump track? Seems like it would be fun.

Been on and off the healthy lifestyle wagon too many times....but I am getting back into the swing of things.

Maintaining healthy eating practices is the HARDEST part for me. Watched a video where Penn Jillette talks about eating only Potatoes to retrain his brain to tell the difference between hungry and bored AND realign how much sweet is natural. Been giving it a shot for the last 3 days.

When a plain baked potato is your only option, it really drives home the difference between hungry and not hungry. When you are hungry, that thing is delicious.....when you aren't, the thought of one turns your stomach.

Maybe this helps someone else....

Stayed upright
20220116_160844.jpg
20220116_153639.jpg

Long story short, my health has been rapidly declining for years now due to finishing college later in life than most then going back to complete a MBA. I finished the MBA in December and knew it was time to do something before I actually couldnt move well anymore. All in the meantime, I was selected to be the Promod spotter for the texas rock gods werock team for the eastern series this year so something had to happen immediately in an effort to keep up with those guys this year. Started a local gym membership and have been running on the treadmill and using other various devices of mass destruction. Its been two weeks and I already feel better than I have in years. Current plan is to watch grease intake, mtn dews, and cardio like hell. Going to try to slowly drop about 40lbs, but getting my breathing back in order and feeling better is the first step.

Shot some steel drills, might be good for my health some day.

Started some bodyweight and kettle bell training with my 14yr old about a month ago. I'm trying to get him stronger to be ready for high school sports. Turns out it will benefit me too since I jump in on the workouts. I also remember that I love kettle bells.

Got my first mtn bike ride in this year yesterday. I can't believe I haven't ridden in a month.

Question for @VortecJeep and @justjeepin86 . When a crank breaks like that, do you automatically crash? I can imagine it would be crazy hard not to if it snapped off when you are really cranking with all of your weight pushing down really hard on that one foot. I frequently like to get out of the saddle and really crank on the pedals going up some of the hills in my hood. I'm 206 lbs, so I'm putting a fair amount of force on the pedal.

Question for @VortecJeep and @justjeepin86 . When a crank breaks like that, do you automatically crash? I can imagine it would be crazy hard not to if it snapped off when you are really cranking with all of your weight pushing down really hard on that one foot. I frequently like to get out of the saddle and really crank on the pedals going up some of the hills in my hood. I'm 206 lbs, so I'm putting a fair amount of force on the pedal.
I didn’t crash because I knew it was loose so I was pedaling easy just trying to get back to the truck when it broke.

Well, mine didn't break, per say, it came off because the mechanic(yours truly) didn't torque the crank clamp bolts correctly. Now that I've cleared that up, lol, i was following a buddy on a light downhill. It just slipped off while i was pedaling and i was fine. This is a pretty fast and technical trail, so i could have busted my ass bad if it would have been in the right spot. I was really lucky.

Back