What have you done for your health today?

In my defense @jeepin' jen forgot to mention I did 200 reps while sippin on the Weldon Reserve.
LOL! That reminds me of this one day at my work gym. One of the guys is a real talker, and this one day he was really flapping his gums and wasn't lifting anything. Another guy asks him if he is going to lift anything today since so far he has only done 1,000 reps of jaw, LOL.

My wife has a few food sensitivities... Milk, Yeast, and Corn. So we have stocked the house with alot of dairy free, yeast free items as I am indulging into this with her and even switched over to Mushroom coffee, which actually taste damn good and doesn't upset my stomach like normal coffee does and honestly, I haven't felt this good in a long time.

My wife has a few food sensitivities... Milk, Yeast, and Corn. So we have stocked the house with alot of dairy free, yeast free items as I am indulging into this with her and even switched over to Mushroom coffee, which actually taste damn good and doesn't upset my stomach like normal coffee does and honestly, I haven't felt this good in a long time.
My wife recently figured out food allergies/sensitivities were causing her to break out in a rash every evening.
Get ready...
Reactive to: dairy, cow's milk, almonds, chicken, soy, peppers, gluten, read meat and eggs.
Doesn't leave much available.

My wife recently figured out food allergies/sensitivities were causing her to break out in a rash every evening.
Get ready...
Reactive to: dairy, cow's milk, almonds, chicken, soy, peppers, gluten, read meat and eggs.
Doesn't leave much available.
Well, I will tell you that food wise, there has never been a better time to be allergic to things. Cheese, ranch dressing, soy sauce, milk, sour cream, etc. So we have found alternatives at our local grocery stores for us to eat and I will tell you that, the stuff ain't bad. little more expensive, but hey, if it helps the wife feel better and feel like she isn't missing out on certain foods... I am a happy camper.

Well, I will tell you that food wise, there has never been a better time to be allergic to things. Cheese, ranch dressing, soy sauce, milk, sour cream, etc. So we have found alternatives at our local grocery stores for us to eat and I will tell you that, the stuff ain't bad. little more expensive, but hey, if it helps the wife feel better and feel like she isn't missing out on certain foods... I am a happy camper.
She's been lactose intolerant for 15-20 years and knew about the red meat issue.
Being such, tofu, tempeh, almond butter, almonds and chicken were the majority of her diet. Low-cal (regular) bread too.
The biggest issue is soy. It's in everything. Just last week she had some home cooked salmon for dinner and broke out an hour later. She couldn't figure out why. I looked at the cooking spray, #2 ingredient was soy.
You're right there are plenty of options out there these days, luckily.

Been riding the new gravel bike lately. Our trails are in pretty rough shape with freeze/thaw cycles currently.
My wife and I have a big loop planned Saturday with the warm temps and the Parkway being closed.
View attachment 366808
How are you liking it so far? Would definitely be down to link up and ride one day when I'm off and can come up to the mountains.

Also, I'm organizing a fundraiser gravel ride in early October. Will be happy to share details if of interest.

How are you liking it so far? Would definitely be down to link up and ride one day when I'm off and can come up to the mountains.

Also, I'm organizing a fundraiser gravel ride in early October. Will be happy to share details if of interest.
Well, the builder completely screwed up the brakes, dropper and front derailuer routing. Grossly assembled it wrong. Luckily Squatch Bikes fixed it all yesterday.
Lemme know when you wanna ride. Mountain or gravel works for us!

Well, the builder completely screwed up the brakes, dropper and front derailuer routing. Grossly assembled it wrong. Luckily Squatch Bikes fixed it all yesterday.
Lemme know when you wanna ride. Mountain or gravel works for us!
That's a bit disturbing. Not even sure how they could mess up something so simple.

I had a brutal route in mind that would start at FF Whippoorwill, go straight up old 105 to Linville, and back to FF stopping at Wisemans. About 30 miles, 5,000+ vert. Not sure what bike I would use but I'm leaning mtb. Wonder if anyone else on here may want to partake in that sufferfest.

I had a brutal route in mind that would start at FF Whippoorwill, go straight up old 105 to Linville, and back to FF stopping at Wisemans. About 30 miles, 5,000+ vert. Not sure what bike I would use
Im sure. Sounds like a good route for a dirtbike! :laughing:

Big day. Lots of climbing. Great ride with the wifey.
IMG_20220212_203509.jpg
PXL_20220212_195941236.MP.jpg
IMG_20220212_203401.jpg

Kiddo is wanting to get into some weight lifting and freshman aren't allowed to sign up for the class at her high-school. Sooooooo We picked up a cheap bench and a couple hundred lbs of grip plates this week. We already had a punching bag that she uses so I picked up a pair of striking gloves so I could play too. I am looking forward to working out again.

Two days left on my bench program(Benchamin Franklin). Strength is way up, down around 11 lbs. Been running every Wednesday, started at 1mile, then 2, then 3 last week. Only makes sense to go for 4 this week. Also with the weather, I've been shooting some hoops on a somewhat daily basis.

Time to pick a new 4 week program and keep the gains train rolling.

Two days left on my bench program(Benchamin Franklin). Strength is way up, down around 11 lbs. Been running every Wednesday, started at 1mile, then 2, then 3 last week. Only makes sense to go for 4 this week. Also with the weather, I've been shooting some hoops on a somewhat daily basis.

Time to pick a new 4 week program and keep the gains train rolling.
Oh looking forward to see what you pick next! Are you counting macros for the nutrition piece?
Bench has been my favorite strength program so far! I only do 1 session/week so I opted to do another round. I started a 6-week assault bike program yesterday & it sucks.

I started a 6-week assault bike program yesterday & it sucks

That's your problem right there :lol:.

This program has been a lot of fun. It's a 4 day program where you bench everyday + accessories + "cardio pieces". It usually takes around an hour to get through everything.

For now, I'm not really counting macros, just making better choices. My biggest problem in the past is serving size. I'll eat good stuff, but typically have larger portions than normal. I'm also making the commitment(again) to track everything in MyFitnessPal plus I'm wearing an Amazon Halo to track exercise/heartrate.

Typical day is a Dave's Killer bread bagel, lunch is a protein smoothie with fruit/greens. Dinner is a large serving of lean protein, medium vegetables, low carbs. I'm getting around 1600-1900 cals per day. I'm also drinking 1gal-1.5 gals of water per day as well. No alcohol, no soft drinks etc. I might have a Reign or C4 from time to time but that's about it.

I'm looking at either the "Mass that Last" or "Brickhouse" programs. I'd highly recommend these guys.

In other news, I upgraded a $30 landmine attachment from Academy into one that bolts to the rig. Planning on getting a pin for it so it's removable but for now this works great.

1644867833723.png

1644867850700.png

You could have come to Big Buck this morning and raced with 812 of your friends in the morning race 🤣. Talk about 36 miles of an absolute hornets nest.

We were talking about maybe doing a race this year yesterday with JB. I forgot how to go fast though and not sure how this bike would do fast racing. But thinking we may hit one up at some point.

We were talking about maybe doing a race this year yesterday with JB. I forgot how to go fast though and not sure how this bike would do fast racing. But thinking we may hit one up at some point.

Just run the clickers in a few rounds and find 4th gear. Y’all will be fine. Be good to bang bars with y’all again.

Back