What have you done for your health today?

I finally have enough energy/strength to start getting back into it after 10 days off due to food poisoning. I went for a ride this morning. It went better than expected. I'm still down about 6 lbs.

Rode dirt bikes, had to stop to take the view in.

1655817774812.png

I'm still plugging away with a mix of HIIT and strength training 4-5 days/week & started rucking on Saturday mornings. My health coach encouraged me to get in at least 30min/day of cardio so I agreed to lift heavy shit faster. She wasn't amused 😑

@Mulishajoe & I jumped onboard an 8-week summer transformation challenge. 1 week down, 7 to go 👏 (I have a feeling he's gonna kick my ass in this arena)

I'm still plugging away with a mix of HIIT and strength training 4-5 days/week & started rucking on Saturday mornings. My health coach encouraged me to get in at least 30min/day of cardio so I agreed to lift heavy shit faster. She wasn't amused 😑

@Mulishajoe & I jumped onboard an 8-week summer transformation challenge. 1 week down, 7 to go 👏 (I have a feeling he's gonna kick my ass in this arena)
Joe said to tell you he has an excellent plan for the cardio. I didn’t really know what he meant by that - but I’m relaying the message

Trying to channel my inner @Jody Treadway and been on the mtb 2-3x a week and trying to keep it going. Can’t find time in the evenings so I get like 7 miles of spider web clearing in at 7am before work.
Thank you for your service! :laughing:

^^^^I almost did the same thing about 3-4 wks ago. My time slot to ride though is very early. I went outside and realized that it is still too dark in the woods at that time. I ended up just road riding like usual. I would need to buy a good headlight.

Trying to channel my inner @Jody Treadway and been on the mtb 2-3x a week and trying to keep it going. Can’t find time in the evenings so I get like 7 miles of spider web clearing in at 7am before work.

I’m going to need a quick text on where you are so I can show up at 7:15

Got my annual pass from the cardiologist today. Good for another 45,000,000 beats til next year.

Next week is the big day....first six month checkup after my nephrectomy. Gotta do CT and x-rays on 6 month intervals to watch for a return.

Rode the 24 Hours of Booty this weekend. Riding the Booty Loop in Myers Park is like a giant party. You see all the rich Myers Park people celebrating allowing the peasants to ride their bikes around the neighborhood. One house must be the owner of a brewery, because he had the brewery’s truck parked in the street giving away beer.
Many of the partying houses brought what appeared to be their formal dining room furniture out in the front yard to eat.

And they must not allow ugly women to live there, because I didn’t see a single one.

Oh, and I got a grand total of 134.2 miles on my road bike (the closest one in the pic).

80801A1E-9E5C-42D9-AC0A-003CF215B0CA.jpeg

Rode the 24 Hours of Booty this weekend. Riding the Booty Loop in Myers Park is like a giant party. You see all the rich Myers Park people celebrating allowing the peasants to ride their bikes around the neighborhood. One house must be the owner of a brewery, because he had the brewery’s truck parked in the street giving away beer.
Many of the partying houses brought what appeared to be their formal dining room furniture out in the front yard to eat.

And they must not allow ugly women to live there, because I didn’t see a single one.

Oh, and I got a grand total of 134.2 miles on my road bike (the closest one in the pic).

View attachment 377638
I couldn't keep up with him, closed out at 100.9 miles.

Back